AR - Shooting at butcher shop in Fordyce, AR (6/21/24), 2 dead, 8 injured

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I totally understand the recent direction by media, LE, community leaders of not putting emphasis on the shooter, to take away from the publicity they often seek or to deter copycats, etc.

BUT, to hear absolutely nothing about possible motive, what lead the perp to commit the heinous crime, is also not helpful. Part of coming to grips with the tragedy is having information about it.

The silence isn't comforting, imo. We cannot correct what might be wrong if we don't even know what it is.

jmo
I so agree with you about the motive. I did hear something about a "possible" motive. Apparently, the day before he did this, he was in the Mad Butcher and the clerk was "allegedly" rude to him. And he told her he would be back to shoot the place up. Now, either she didn't take him seriously, or it didn't happen. I would opt for the latter.

The Mad Butcher opened last Wednesday. They had therapy dogs and prayer circles. They are only open for limited hours at this point.

There is absolutely nothing in the news about this. Nothing. I find that wrong, like you said, we need to know the motive, so maybe we can fix things.

Fordyce is where I raised my children until they were in middle school. It is a great community. My heart hurts for the people that live there. Even though we moved 30 miles away, we were still going to Fordyce four or five times a week until my FIL passed in 2019. I can't tell you the number of times that I have shopped at the Mad Butcher. It is a very nice clean store. People treat people nicely there. Now, I don't know if I can ever go there again. And that really bothers me.

To top it off, in my community last Wednesday there was an explosion at one of the bomb making plants for the US Government. There were injuries and one person was considered "missing." One person who was injured was immediately transported out of state of burn treatment. One was admitted to our local hospital. The company finally admitted on Friday that the "missing" person was indeed deceased. Still no names have been released. I understand the secrecy of keeping the details of why the explosion occurred, but not releasing the names is wrong.

We had tornadoes all around us last night due to Hurricane Beryl. It has been a rough couple of weeks for us in South Arkansas.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

I so agree with you about the motive. I did hear something about a "possible" motive. Apparently, the day before he did this, he was in the Mad Butcher and the clerk was "allegedly" rude to him. And he told her he would be back to shoot the place up. Now, either she didn't take him seriously, or it didn't happen. I would opt for the latter.

The Mad Butcher opened last Wednesday. They had therapy dogs and prayer circles. They are only open for limited hours at this point.

There is absolutely nothing in the news about this. Nothing. I find that wrong, like you said, we need to know the motive, so maybe we can fix things.

Fordyce is where I raised my children until they were in middle school. It is a great community. My heart hurts for the people that live there. Even though we moved 30 miles away, we were still going to Fordyce four or five times a week until my FIL passed in 2019. I can't tell you the number of times that I have shopped at the Mad Butcher. It is a very nice clean store. People treat people nicely there. Now, I don't know if I can ever go there again. And that really bothers me.

To top it off, in my community last Wednesday there was an explosion at one of the bomb making plants for the US Government. There were injuries and one person was considered "missing." One person who was injured was immediately transported out of state of burn treatment. One was admitted to our local hospital. The company finally admitted on Friday that the "missing" person was indeed deceased. Still no names have been released. I understand the secrecy of keeping the details of why the explosion occurred, but not releasing the names is wrong.

We had tornadoes all around us last night due to Hurricane Beryl. It has been a rough couple of weeks for us in South Arkansas.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.
I feel for you and for the community. These past few years have been "a grind," in my opinion, and sometimes it just requires one foot in front of the other, keeping mind to stay steady for anything else that comes along to shake us.

I do hope we learn more about this case, but in the meantime, perhaps it's a comfort that outsiders notice and care.

jmo

I feel for you and for the community. These past few years have been "a grind," in my opinion, and sometimes it just requires one foot in front of the other, keeping mind to stay steady for anything else that comes along to shake us.

I do hope we learn more about this case, but in the meantime, perhaps it's a comfort that outsiders notice and care.

jmo
I agree. I think he has some sort of appearance coming up. Maybe we will learn more then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back