Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sutherland’s body confirmed found by boyfriend’s parents; person of interest in custody

Jackson County law enforcement has confirmed they’ve found a body in the area where they’ve been searching for the missing Jackson County woman.

The parents of Sydney Sutherland’s boyfriend, Alex, posted on Facebook and confirmed that the body found Friday was that of Sydney Sutherland’s, and that an arrest has been made.

No names were released, but the post did say the person of interest did confess to investigators.

This is going to rip the community apart! LE needs to get a handle on the rumors and inuendo, the victims family has confirmed it's her, what are they waiting on?? The social media war has begun on FB.
Don't next of kin have to do the formal ID of any deceased person? If family is confirming it, why would LE not be doing same? Or are they? I'm so confused>

BBM-

A report came in that a local farmer, Quake Lewellyn, has confessed to police that he hit Sydney Claire Sutherland, resulting in her death and then fled the scene. Police are reporting there is no indication she was hit by a vehicle at this time.Joel Ledbetter 5NEWS Photo Journalist

So did he move her or just left her for dead? Either way his a , in my opinion.

Did he not realize her body would show evidence if she truly were hit by a car? All the evidence is with her. It will come out -accident; assault; intentional...JMO

Exactly. I’m not surprised in the slightest he’s trying to say it was an accident and he panicked to save face. I think there’s about a 0% chance of that, IMO. Thankfully the evidence will show exactly what happened.

Don't next of kin have to do the formal ID of any deceased person? If family is confirming it, why would LE not be doing same? Or are they? I'm so confused>

Because the sheriff's office isn't run by social media. There is a formal process for these kinds of things for a reason. Let's let the professionals do their jobs.

Watching the sheriff made my heart hurt. I could be wrong but his body language and answers to the questions lead me to believe that something more than a accident happened.
He struggled throughout the press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass