Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, if someone is determined to do harm to you, s/he can overcome just about anything. Case in point, Mandy Stavik was out jogging with her dog and was abducted by a neighbor. Her dog was left behind.

A bakery worker helped cops nab her co-worker as a cold case murder suspect by stealing his discarded Coke can for DNA evidence

I used to be an avid runner (many years ago) and ran by myself morning, noon or night. It's sad that one has to be so cautious these days.

I always remember Hannibal stating in "Silence of the Lambs" to look at the killer's first victim. It is usually someone he sees and covets.

I think that QL probably "coveted" Sydney for quite some time and wished that he could have an attractive girlfriend like her. Since it wasn't going to willingly happen, he took matters into his own hands.

JMO.

If they shot my dog, that’s the only way. Otherwise, no one is getting near me.

The investigator leading Mandy’s case believes she was ordered into a vehicle by her killer, at gunpoint. Not overpowered while jogging.

Of course not all dogs are that protective. But if you have one that is, that will at least protect you from being ambushed from the side or behind.

I carry weaponry as well. Quite a bit. Because, Websleuths, as someone said above, and mountain lions, coyotes and start dogs. (Pepper spray, tactical whip, bear claw knife, among others).

And I never use airbuds or ear phones. I like the peace and quiet of hearing myself breathe, my shoes hitting the ground and the sounds of birds, frogs, the breeze and water running when it’s around.

But no one is getting to me unless they shoot my dog dead. She’s savage if anyone comes near me. And hyper alert.

I think we can’t ever be 100% safe. It’s not realistic. Neither should we have to be. It’s ridiculous that there are so many predators who feel entitled to prey on women and children.

But there are some things we can do to hedge our bets. Pathetic that we have to. But for me, being in nature and exercising outside is life. I need it to stay sane.

What you said is true. Here in rural areas, the only option most of the time is desolate roads. These roads are usually the roads we live on & honestly don’t think too much about it when running or walking down them.

I want to say on a map up thread, she actually lived on the big “block” she ran. I used to run the same route everyday but I no longer do that. Of course in a non rural area, I have that option. She likely didn’t unless she drove somewhere to exercise outside.

Injuries by vehicle collision are very unique in the matter of bone breakage and soft tissue damage. The ME will be able to determine very quickly whether she was hit with a vehicle or was met with homicidal violence. My prayers continue for her family and
True. I've seen people in ER with bruising that is clearly a car bumper - and they weren't hit hard enough to kill them. And we know pretty much the standard height of vehicle bumpers so if an officer asks a suspect "what do you drive?" and the suspect replies " A lifted F350 with mud tires" but the victim's injuries are not consistent with that bumper height (or the tire tracks across the victim's torso match 15" low profiles), somebody's telling a fairy tale.

@okitsnikkij so you are from the area? I’m so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and the entire community. Such a tragedy

I live about 30 minutes up the road. I don’t know her personally, but as a female and an outdoor runner this has definitely hit close to home for me. You just don’t ever expect anything like that to happen in our small farm towns.

Could it be possible that police interrogators were giving QL an out by stating something like, "You know, if it were an accident and you panicked, that is understandable..."

It's like what investigators said to Chris Watts. 'Did you see Shan'ann doing something to the children?" Chris jumped on board with that one. Murderers almost always downplay what they have done.

JMO.
Great thought, I bet that's very close to how it went down. Especially since LE said it didn't look like she had been struck by a vehicle.

A little speeding ticket in Oklahoma last year. shows a birthdate of 6/1992. OSCN Party

LEWELLYN, QUAKE

None Found.

PERSONAL PROFILE*
RECORD DATE MARITAL STATUS BIRTH MONTH AND YEAR BIRTH CITY BIRTH PLACE
07/15/2019 - 06/1992 - -
ADDRESS INFORMATION*
RECORD DATE STATUS TYPE ADDRESS
07/15/2019 Current - NEWPORT , AR 72112

Arresting Agency: N/A
Location of Offense: I-40/US-59 WB ENT
North Location: N/A
East Control: N/A
County: Sequoyah
Citation Number: N003134
License Class: N/A
License Endorsements: N/A
Employer: N/A
Violation Type:
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: UT
Vehicle Body Style: N/A
Vehicle Color:
Vehicle Tag: CDAEGB
Vehicle Tag Year: 2020
OSCN Case Details

Curious how much money Quake got from Farm subsidies? From 2012 he received over 385k.

EWG's Farm Subsidy Database

Quake Lewellyn received payments totaling $387,577 from 1995 through 2019'‡'
Wonder why the spike to $116,000 in 2016?? Looks like susidies could be a nice little profit source if planned and played right. Do they audit these?

She did have an open case in which she was listed as an heir but it doesn't look like it was for much and maybe nothing after debts are settled. ETA: correcting link- search Sydney's name here: AOC CourtConnect
I saw that too, there is a fairly large medical claim against the estate, which was more than the stated value in total. I saw no mention of land either.
What was odd was the fight over who would be executor. It would seem there would be nothing left to fight over?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members