Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that other women in his life dyed their hair blond too. JMO

They moved so fast on this case and I think it really lead to them finding her and solving it. Had he had more time he would have gotten rid of her body, probably moved her out of the area and she may have never been found. Praise the Lord that her family, the community and LE jumped on it right away!

What do you think actually happened that day? Do we know if LE impounded his vehicle?
I think Sydney's routine hurt her in that this guy likely knew her routine too. I think this this was a random he saw her and just decided to do something. I think he knew her routine because he's seen her before running the same route. It was predictable, which unfortunately can be harmful for women if someone has bad intentions. :(

But, likely the fact she had a routine that was known probably helped with a quick response because when her boyfriend came home from work or called her and she wasn't home or didn't answer, car was home, phone was gone and he knows her routine is the run.. then it was an immediate reason for concern. He didn't wait around wondering if she did x,y, or z. I also wonder if her being out there alone and running like that if she had a safety plan like calling someone when she returned home to say hey, I'm back. Maybe she didn't do that.

I am curious if she dropped her phone or if he put it where it was found to make it seem like someone took her? Maybe hoping they would quit looking so close to home and assume she was abducted.

I'm missing this @lawyer_sleuth. How do you mean?
@JMapes
My meaning was that it seems the writers of the article haven’t confirmed whether QL is in fact married. They don't say QL "is married" but rather, "wrote on FB that he was married." They don't refer to his wife by name but instead state that he appears in photos with the "same woman." And rather than refer to "his children," they write that he appears in photos "with three children." Ultimately, the article concludes, "His FB page said he was married."

Now either the article was rushed and the authors didn't have time to check for a marriage certificate or confirm with sources that QL is married or, alternatively, there is no evidence other than his FB page to suggest he is.

I think Sydney's routine hurt her in that this guy likely knew her routine too. I think this this was a random he saw her and just decided to do something. I think he knew her routine because he's seen her before running the same route. It was predictable, which unfortunately can be harmful for women if someone has bad intentions. :(

But, likely the fact she had a routine that was known probably helped with a quick response because when her boyfriend came home from work or called her and she wasn't home or didn't answer, car was home, phone was gone and he knows her routine is the run.. then it was an immediate reason for concern. He didn't wait around wondering if she did x,y, or z. I also wonder if her being out there alone and running like that if she had a safety plan like calling someone when she returned home to say hey, I'm back. Maybe she didn't do that.

I am curious if she dropped her phone or if he put it where it was found to make it seem like someone took her? Maybe hoping they would quit looking so close to home and assume she was abducted.
He is a friend of her boyfriend. He knew her.

@JMapes
My meaning was that it seems the writers of the article haven’t confirmed whether QL is in fact married. They don't say QL "is married" but rather, "wrote on FB that he was married." They don't refer to his wife by name but instead state that he appears in photos with the "same woman." And rather than refer to "his children," they write that he appears in photos "with three children." Ultimately, the article concludes, "His FB page said he was married."

Now either the article was rushed and the authors didn't have time to check for a marriage certificate or confirm with sources that QL is married or, alternatively, there is no evidence other than his FB page to suggest he is.

This may be helpful....
https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...tern-arkansas-murder-victim-and-suspects-wife
In addition, Quake Lewellyn’s wife, Gracie Dawn Lewellyn was connected to the deceased woman on Facebook. (See screen shot).

You're thinking of this Facebook post (from a mainstream news source)

Arkansas Headline News

It states that Lewellyn confessed to being involved in her death and stated he hit her with his car and panicked but there's no indication she was hit by a car.

There were unsubstantiated reports that she was found buried but mainstream media only reports that she was "found" and it was also reported that she was identified by DNA...

@JMapes

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...tern-arkansas-murder-victim-and-suspects-wife

I finally found it, FB is so weird and disorganized I always have a hard time finding anything.
FWIW, it’s just a long post about Jesus loving bad girls. According to her, sounds like has lived a little on the wild side. Nothing really stands out to me though, but maybe I missed it. I have a tendency to more or less speed read through long posts.
It was a post AFTER that post about Jesus loving bad girls.
Posted on July 24th

Last edited:
Pretty sure that other women in his life dyed their hair blond too. JMO

They moved so fast on this case and I think it really lead to them finding her and solving it. Had he had more time he would have gotten rid of her body, probably moved her out of the area and she may have never been found. Praise the Lord that her family, the community and LE jumped on it right away!

What do you think actually happened that day? Do we know if LE impounded his vehicle?

That jumped out at me as well. Also, there was what seemed like a believable post on Facebook from a local person saying that Lewellyn had gone by the name Jeremy Davis in high school but I can't find any further indication of this. It would be interesting and "Quake" doesn't seem like a given name.

I think at one time Quake was a nickname that he took on legally. This obit references what may be his initial given name and also referring to him as Quake. MOO

RD Obituary - Wednesday, April 19th, 2017

Some very grim details are beginning to emerge. Very interesting that the cousin of QL is encouraging police to question him in the disappearance of Brooke. I wonder if he has done this before?

I don't give much credence to the cousin's statement. He is speculating, doesn't have inside info, by his own admission doesn't really know QL. MOO

Hey everyone,

If an MSM article contains reference to certain social media posts, members may discuss it as it is presented in the article.

Please stop discussing other social media posts/comments. They are considered rumor and rumors are not allowed at WS.

ETA: Also, hearsay is not allowed. What "someone told me" is NOT an approved source.

Thank you.,

#SundaysStoryofTheWeek: Quake Lewellyn has been arrested and charged in the murder of Sydney Sutherland, according to sources close to Region 8 News.

Authorities discovered Sutherland’s body Friday afternoon, ending a nearly three-day long search for the missing woman.
Authorities also said Saturday that the Arkansas State Medical Examiner in Little Rock confirmed that the body found Friday in Jackson County was that of Sutherland, according to Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas.

Tonight, Her family, as well as the 2014 senior class at Tuckerman, will be having a candlelight vigil at 7:30 p.m at the Tuckerman City Park to remember Sutherland. I’ll be there and will have more at 10pm on Region 8 News.
#SundaysStoryofTheWeek: Quake Lewellyn... - Jurnee Taylor - KAIT | Facebook

Social media connection between eastern Arkansas murder victim and suspects wife

According to a source, Lewellyn is being questioned in the disappearance of Allensworth as well.
Yes I had heard that he was a poi about her case before the awful death of SS. I have been researching a few other woman cases in the Craighead county area, I don't have anything that is shareable yet . It may be a long shot or reaching as some say, I say it is worth a look into. Doesn't hurt to ask and take a fresh look at a cold case. I am Praying for both families. I do understand that both families lives are shattered and will never be the same. I also understand that there is families that don't know where their loved ones are right now. Always be willing to take take a look at cold cases, you never know when the missing puzzle piece is right infront of you If you don't ask, dig,shuffle papers with fresh eyes

Yes. It’s a small knife that I can grab with one finger and yank out of the sheath but the chain will break apart if pulled hard enough (so I can’t be grabbed by the chain and controlled).
I've also heard it called a karambit. Origin in Indonesia. Also used in Filipino martial arts. They are wicked instruments.

Yes I had heard that he was a poi about her case before the awful death of SS. I have been researching a few other woman cases in the Craighead county area, I don't have anything that is shareable yet . It may be a long shot or reaching as some say, I say it is worth a look into. Doesn't hurt to ask and take a fresh look at a cold case. I am Praying for both families. I do understand that both families lives are shattered and will never be the same. I also understand that there is families that don't know where their loved ones are right now. Always be willing to take take a look at cold cases, you never know when the missing puzzle piece is right infront of you If you don't ask, dig,shuffle papers with fresh eyes

I hear ya. And Brooke went missing what, two years ago? And she was never found.

I wonder if LE searched QL's property for the murder weapon(s)?

^^rsbm

I think it's pretty significant that the phone was not damaged when police found it. I'd like to know how SS carried her phone when jogging.

I also don't think the suspect wanted to be associated with being anyplace near her phone pings and would not take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth