Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, believe09, truly not intending to imply anything about present day MEdEX. And definitely don't think you were implying a reluctance on their part. I will edit my post if you feel that is what it implies. Just very frustrated that nothing can be found on LL re news articles in either AR or AZ. Think the 1987 AR news articles on deceased greyhounds tripped my WT# scale.

Salem posted a good article on IDing here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3311007#post3311007

Don't apologize :blowkiss:-I just wanted to make sure no one was reading me that way. This ME is awesome; I agree that the LL's story in an of itself is outrageous and heartbreaking.

Ive asked a number of times now do we know anything about the people that ran her down
Were they charged ?
You can just run a person down and say WOOPS sorry thought it was a barrel

Was it in daylight hours or nightime

Who were the people who ran her down and were they charged - did they do it on purpose did they know her

This may be nothing but it may also be something

believe09, I feel you've made it quite clear that the ME is very receptive to identifying LL. In fact, the information you've relayed from them comes across as very enthusiastic! I'm sure that at the time, there were several factors that worked against IDing her sooner. They probably did believe she was a transient (not that that excuses anything!), lack of technology, etc. There were limitations on how far they could take the investigation then I suppose.

That being said, the differing details on the various UID postings are still frustrating. Then again, it explains why we sometimes shouldn't discount a possible match based on one specific detail - such as a scar or previously broken bone. Doesn't necessarily make what we do easier, but it is what it is!

I just took a google trip down the north service road and all I see are semi trucks. There are no sidewalks. Just motels and lots of trucks and that sort of thing. I wonder if that's how it was in 1987. I would not walk down that road now, it couldn't have been much better back then.

I'm from Memphis and drove through West Memphis often. The answer is yes, that's how it was in '87...trucks, motels, a restaurant here and there and the dog track.

I might add: This is an area full of "lot lizards," many of whom hop into one truck, ride awhile to the next stop, hop into the next truck. I wish we knew specifically where along the service road she was found.

I'm from Memphis and drove through West Memphis often. The answer is yes, that's how it was in '87...trucks, motels, a restaurant here and there and the dog track.

I might add: This is an area full of "lot lizards," many of whom hop into one truck, ride awhile to the next stop, hop into the next truck. I wish we knew specifically where along the service road she was found.

I wonder if she was staying in one of those motels or riding with one of the truckers. Do we know if the guy who told LE he picked her up was a trucker?

I wonder if she was staying in one of those motels or riding with one of the truckers. Do we know if the guy who told LE he picked her up was a trucker?

I don't recall reading that for a fact...but the Nashville/Memphis route is a straight-shot down I-40. The truck stops are located across the river from Memphis...in West Memphis.

One reason I wish we knew exactly where she was found is that I'm wondering if she was dropped at one truck stop, hooked up with someone else (possibly at one of the motels) and was headed back to the truck stops.

Hi Fairy we do not know if it was a Female or male that picked up LL

This victim was walking along the north service road of Highway 61 when this victim was struck by a vehicle. The occupants of the vehicle that they thought they hit a barrell in the road. The victim was thrown approximately 150 feet from point of impact. A card was found on victims body that had a name and number of a subject. The subject was called and subject reportedly stated that 1 week before victim's death subject had given a ride to a person fitting description of deceased from Nashville, Tennessee. Subject stated this victim was from Phoenix, Arizona and her name was Mary.

Bold mind and this from here https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=2882 as per what capoly found

I stand (or sit!) corrected. I assumed it was a man. Shame on me!

Lol I wouldn't worry about that ;) and in all probability it probably was but yes we cant assume anything about this case -
I wonder why they didn't just put Him or Her
I wonder if we could find that out ?

Don't apologize :blowkiss:-I just wanted to make sure no one was reading me that way. This ME is awesome; I agree that the LL's story in an of itself is outrageous and heartbreaking.

:blowkiss: right back at ya lol

Hi my_tee_mouse, On the map (heading north from Memphis) it looks like the North Service Rd is also Frontage Rd for a ways than a little before it reaches that mass intersection in West Memphis...Frontage Rd drops off and it shows only the North Service Rd running along side 61. Is that how you find it to be?

Just wondering if the way it's worded..."This victim was walking along the north service road of Highway 61..." might mean that section of the NS Rd. TIA

Hi my_tee_mouse, On the map (heading north from Memphis) it looks like the North Service Rd is also Frontage Rd for a ways than a little before it reaches that mass intersection in West Memphis...Frontage Rd drops off and it shows only the North Service Rd running along side 61. Is that how you find it to be?

Just wondering if the way it's worded..."This victim was walking along the north service road of Highway 61..." might mean that section of the NS Rd. TIA

I'm just wondering WHERE she was walking - to and from??? Where was she going and where was she coming from? Where were the rest of her belongings? Just wondering.

If she was indeed a transient she was a well maintained transient or one who was just recently homeless. She had TIDE and Downey which are name brands, not sure about back then but I know a small bottle of TIDE could run about $5.00-$6.00 in todays market, if I were on a limited budget I would opt out for the lesser expensive brand that I could get a bottle for $2.50.
But then again maybe I am just cheap :)

I wish I had seen this earlier and I usually will read a thread before posting to make sure I don't repeat something.

Just because she had name brand items like Tide or Downy does not mean she was not homeless or indigent. Our family used to put in a lot of hours at the Salvation Army. We used to get single homeless persons as well as families just in temporary need of items from the food pantry.

We had a list - 1 person would get this many cans of this kind of food - that many boxes of that - and two people would get this and that.

If other household items were asked for and they were available - they would be included.

We used to drive to donation locations and pick up the boxes that had been collected. You would be surprised at how often the name brand stuff was donated.

Also, there was a homeless shelter downstairs only open for the night. If one of the social workers had a client whom they had been working came to them and asked for help for those kind of items because for instance they were able to get a job interview they would come upstairs and tell us what they needed.

I don't recall reading that for a fact...but the Nashville/Memphis route is a straight-shot down I-40. The truck stops are located across the river from Memphis...in West Memphis.

One reason I wish we knew exactly where she was found is that I'm wondering if she was dropped at one truck stop, hooked up with someone else (possibly at one of the motels) and was headed back to the truck stops.

:

[Sorry to quote myself, adding onto question]

my_tee_mouse, Also is the North Service Rd one way at a certain point?

Ive asked a number of times now do we know anything about the people that ran her down
Were they charged ?
You can just run a person down and say WOOPS sorry thought it was a barrel

Was it in daylight hours or nightime

Who were the people who ran her down and were they charged - did they do it on purpose did they know her

This may be nothing but it may also be something

I have googled every combination of anything I can think of and have come up empty handed. Searching the Eveningtimes' archives was a fruitless endeavor. I could only find articles going back to 2001. I share in capoly's frustration at the lack of information.

Here's a side by side comparison... you be the judge:

Attachments

• Sharon Pinegar comparison.JPG
    Sharon Pinegar comparison.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 142
Her skin tone appears to me like she spent time outside, but I don't see her as homeless for some reason. For a woman her age, I wonder about the bar t-shirt.
Perhaps she was away from home, visiting friends. Maybe she was working on her laundry and therefore wearing a friend's clothing...
I have had to do this from time to time, borrowing friends' clothes when on an unplanned/sudden trip away from home. A friend and I were once staying in a hotel room in Rome, where she was forced to wash a bra in the shower because she forgot to pack extras for the trip... Just a thought, nobody needs to agree with me.

Although, you would hope her friends would come looking for her once she left and never returned.. guess it would depend on what kind of friends they were.

LE for Rosie is pretty interested in the possibility-I think it will come down to DNA....jmo. I will let you know when I hear more from either side! :blowkiss:

Thank you,believe, for taking an interest in this case I posted and doing so much to ID her. I will be so happy if this gets resolved all because I posted it and you all cared. I have never posted a case and had it be resolved because of it. Again thank you all so much. :blowkiss:

Thank you,believe, for taking an interest in this case I posted and doing so much to ID her. I will be so happy if this gets resolved all because I posted it and you all cared. I have never posted a case and had it be resolved because of it. Again thank you all so much. :blowkiss:

Well rpipergirl - you did a great job with this one! Hoping for answers soon....

YW-:blowkiss:
I will post when I hear anything...

Sorry. Just saw this. Yes, that's correct.

Edit: As I recall, yes, the North Service Road is one-way (west) from one point to another. I am going to try and get some links to pictures along that stretch. There's an Express Inn at 3700 N. Service Road. I think that one's been there for ages. Yeah, if we knew WHERE along this road she was hit, it would really help. Here's one link along there. It is the 200 block:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=200+N...uY8M&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title
(Ironically this map has a picture of the West Memphis Three murder site...which would actually be ACROSS the interstate from the North Service Road).

A few more links to motels/dog track/mall along that stretch:
200 N. Service Road…one of the interstate entrances/exits
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=200+N...uY8M&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Location near the mall:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=West+Memphis&state=AR&address=307+North+Service+Road

Motels along that stretch:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Wes...2:-90.170537:0:::::/so:Motels:::d::25::::1:/e

Dog Track location:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=West+Memphis&state=AR&address=1550+North+Ingram+Boulevard

Homeless Shelter location in relation to North Service Road/61/40/55:
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...uOTU5MjgzMDE0MDAzMSU3ZS05MC42MzQ0MDgxMzI4Njk4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back