Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you know what? I'm detecting the beginning of confusion- I think there are two different events being talked about at topix. One person spoke of a woman that left the nic nac with someone who beat her and then ran her over. She was named, and it was a murder. It's kinda like the two stories are merging.
They also described our laundry lady, who was found but never named, by 7th street, which by the way crosses with both service roads. I don't mean to be confusing anything, but maybe they were talking about the other lady leaving the nic nac, not ours.
Sorry, look at the time....thats my excuse...nomad :waitasec:

You are not being confusing....now it is all falling into place for me....

OK--so this UID was NOT at the Nic Nac? Back to square 10, LOL. Which woman was found with the card in her pocket of the driver from Nashville?

OK--so this UID was NOT at the Nic Nac? Back to square 10, LOL. Which woman was found with the card in her pocket of the driver from Nashville?

That is OUR lady...our AR Laundry Lady. And pretty much all we know for a fact is that she was found with that card, the driver stated he dropped her off in WM about a week before, that she had laundry and other personal products with her and that she was hit at some point along the North Service Road. We know what she looked like and that she had dentures and a few other facts as described in the initial post link.

That is OUR lady...our AR Laundry Lady. And pretty much all we know for a fact is that she was found with that card, the driver stated he dropped her off in WM about a week before, that she had laundry and other personal products with her and that she was hit at some point along the North Service Road. We know what she looked like and that she had dentures and a few other facts as described in the initial post link.

Call me crazy, but it is reasonable that our lady was at the NicNac Laundry side, right???

Well I've reread the topix thread, and I must say I am still confused. They have 2 events, and I don't know which lady goes with what event. Pls go read w.memphis ar. topix. See what they said. Sorry everyone.....nomad :confused:

Think they are discussing 2-3 individuals.

The Strobbe case is about two men that picked up a woman named Marian (or Marion) M. Assaulted her than ran over her with their truck. It was in 1986. They were arrested & sentenced to jail. But it looks like Strobbe was one of the cases where there was misconduct on part of DA so he may be out and about at this point. She, I believe, was a 'resident' of Memphis.

The unidentified female found in a culvert off one of the highway ramps was a young woman. She was found to be a victim of a truck driver/serial killer. Read all about him and can't recall his name. Think he was finally arrested in Texas and admitted to killing dozens of women in many States. Believe the young woman was eventually identified and was not from AR.

I don't know if any of the information at Topix relates to Laundry Lady. The Strobbe case is troubling to me though. I know this sounds wayyyyy out there. But could LL be MM? If no family claimed her, could her body have gone onto a research facility after being held for sometime in West Memphis for evidence and than mistakenly left as unidentified?? The so-called accident in MM's case occurred in 1986 but the trial was in 1987.

Wayyy out there but it sure would explain no news in 1987.

ETA
Robert Charles Browne- serial killer
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/0728dntswcolokiller.dea92d.html

David Strobbe
http://www.arwar.org/wm3/caseinformation/Harmful_Error.html

Think they are discussing 2-3 individuals.

The Strobbe case is about two men that picked up a woman named Marian (or Marion) M. Assaulted her than ran over her with their truck. It was in 1986. They were arrested & sentenced to jail. But it looks like Strobbe was one of the cases where there was misconduct on part of DA so he may be out and about at this point. She, I believe, was a 'resident' of Memphis.

The unidentified female found in a culvert off one of the highway ramps was a young woman. She was found to be a victim of a truck driver/serial killer. Read all about him and can't recall his name. Think he was finally arrested in Texas and admitted to killing dozens of women in many States. Believe the young woman was eventually identified and was not from AR.

I don't know if any of the information at Topix relates to Laundry Lady. The Strobbe case is troubling to me though. I know this sounds wayyyyy out there. But could LL be MM? If no family claimed her, could her body have gone onto a research facility after being held for sometime in West Memphis for evidence and than mistakenly left as unidentified?? The so-called accident in MM's case occurred in 1986 but the trial was in 1987.

Wayyy out there but it sure would explain no news in 1987.

ETA
Robert Charles Browne- serial killer
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/0728dntswcolokiller.dea92d.html

David Strobbe
http://www.arwar.org/wm3/caseinformation/Harmful_Error.html

Well this is a bit troubling. We need to see the police report AND the ME report - if possible. I'm sure we're missing some key info - but we at least need to know the basics!

Well this is a bit troubling. We need to see the police report AND the ME report - if possible. I'm sure we're missing some key info - but we at least need to know the basics!

Yes, we definitely need some official factual evidence. 1987 was a long time ago, and yes, memories get blurred.

Okay, Sorry I haven't checked in much. I'm under a book contract with a deadline of May 14th, so I've been spending the bulk of my time with that (I'm still in the research phase.) It's called Haunted Memphis and it's a collection of ghost stories from Memphis and their history. But anyway.............

I started watching the nightly news tapes and they are a joke, we won't find anything there.

I'm willing to go to WMPD to take photos of the police file, but could someone please please please call them about it. Phone calls make me nervous, seriously, I'm a total wuss.

Thanks, I'll check in later, I'm on my lunch break right now!

I'll call. I won't be able to call during business hours until Wednesday morning, but I can call then.

Just have them fax the files over here! j/k. But not knowing alot about researching resources, here's my question: anybody can call, any person can go to PD and view files?
That's exactly what we need. Official date, time, and place. I wonder how vigorously LE investigated this. Do they thoroughly dig around and question people. I mean, did they back-track to Nashville? Even if we knew the trucker picked her up from a specific truck stop, someone working there might have remembered her, if she hung around there.

Just have them fax the files over here! j/k. But not knowing alot about researching resources, here's my question: anybody can call, any person can go to PD and view files?
That's exactly what we need. Official date, time, and place. I wonder how vigorously LE investigated this. Do they thoroughly dig around and question people. I mean, did they back-track to Nashville? Even if we knew the trucker picked her up from a specific truck stop, someone working there might have remembered her, if she hung around there.

I suppose it varies from state to state. But on the Tawni Lee Mazzone/Maricopa Jane Doe case, we were able to get the complete police report and the ME report. In doing so, we found A LOT of information we didn't have up to that point which gave us many new directions in which to look!

I've done it at the West Memphis police department before. For the case I was looking at you had to call and make an appointment and they only let you do it on Tuesdays and Thursday and you had from 8:00-4:30 (i think). Only two people were allowed in the room and one of them had to be an Arkansas resident.

I've done it at the West Memphis police department before. For the case I was looking at you had to call and make an appointment and they only let you do it on Tuesdays and Thursday and you had from 8:00-4:30 (i think). Only two people were allowed in the room and one of them had to be an Arkansas resident.

Well I'm an Arkie resident, but I'm clear on the other side of the state. I tried to contact a West Memphis friend, but I've only gotten the answering machine so far. Edit: Decided I'd best PM some questions to ya.

Can you tell LE we will take redacted reports-or we can have someone redact them....really all we are trying to do is ID her. They may find it much less threatening-knowing that we are not necessarily trying to sleuth the incident, but just that we are trying to figure out who she is...

I will surely do that, and any other advice is appreciated as well!

I found a ringer for Laundry Lady...the only problem is that the last seen/date missing for her is 7/88. I wouldn't even suggest this, but this lady has to be her sister if it isn't her. I wonder if maybe either the LL post on DOEnetwork has the wrong year or maybe her missing poster has the wrong year? Take a look. Same woman down to the height (5'4"), weight(160), widows peak hairline, age, nose, everything. What do you think am I stretching?

Pauline Lorraine Klumpp

klumpp_pauline.jpg

Her flyer is on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse here:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/12/20011:30:26PM'

I found a ringer for Laundry Lady...the only problem is that the last seen/date missing for her is 7/88. I wouldn't even suggest this, but this lady has to be her sister if it isn't her. I wonder if maybe either the LL post on DOEnetwork has the wrong year or maybe her missing poster has the wrong year? Take a look. Same woman down to the height (5'4"), weight(160), widows peak hairline, age, nose, everything. What do you think am I stretching?

Pauline Lorraine Klumpp

klumpp_pauline.jpg

Her flyer is on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse here:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/12/20011:30:26PM'

I think she is worth a call to LE to verify her missing date and whether or not she has fingerprints. Could be that someone called her in who had not actually seen her in a while...wouldn't be the first time.

To me, the chin doesn't match, but that is JMO...I still think it is worth a follow up.

The Texas Missing Persons clearinghouse link did not work for me...

That shor is close, the eyebrows are right on, wavy hair, but our lady has fuller lips imo, and higher cheekbones. I can picture almond shaped eyes.
I don't know, even though Ms Klumpp looks older and stockier in this pic, living hard could thin the face out. She has what could be a mole on left cheek.
I just looked state by state with no luck, BUT if I would have seen this one, I would have posted it. Good find beckaroozi! Maybe this is LL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back