Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well IDK - Pauline has a long scar on her arm which hasn't been noted on the UID. Also, doesn't say if she had dentures. Could be, but I'm still putting my money on Rosie Baker.

I personally , Agree with Believe and Fairy on this one...sorry bec, I actually think this ladies face is too wide
And also she has a eye problem of some sort

While I see some similarities between Pauline and LL, I see more dissimilarities. The nose is definitely on the money.

I still believe that this is Rosie. I am eager to hear the results of this match.

While I see some similarities between Pauline and LL, I see more dissimilarities. The nose is definitely on the money.

I still believe that this is Rosie. I am eager to hear the results of this match.

Still waiting to hear if dentals were located for Rosie, friends...I will post as soon as I am told...

I spoke with a very helpful lady at the WMPD. She said that all police reports prior to April, 1996 were destroyed, but she is going to do some checking on her own through the courthouse and by asking officers, and she will call me back with anything she finds out. I gave her everything we know, so hopefully it will shake up some memories in the PD.

I spoke with a very helpful lady at the WMPD. She said that all police reports prior to April, 1996 were destroyed, but she is going to do some checking on her own through the courthouse and by asking officers, and she will call me back with anything she finds out. I gave her everything we know, so hopefully it will shake up some memories in the PD.

Great that she was willing to check around for information on LL! Thanks for making the contact, my_tee_mouse. :blowkiss: so hope she finds something to help us along.

Gold mine!

We have a detective most interested in this case and what we know! I've emailed information to him, and he's given me other information. He is going to resubmit the fingerprints of LL for starters. He is more than happy to make copies of anything besides NCIC printouts for us. All Pink has to do is contact him regarding coming over, and he'll work with her.

I think you guys will be relieved to know that this case was well worked when it was fresh. The detective gave me some examples of the extent to which they'd gone. However, the people that originally worked it are either dead or no longer with the department. The detective is more than happy to put this case back on the front burner.

Sadly, he feels what I've felt all along...that LL was a professional hitchhiker who went up and down the road with whomever she could get a ride with. I asked him about the items found with her, and he said those are consistent with "professional" hitchhikers and not at all unusual. Plus the area where she was hit would be consistent with someone going from Point A to Point B to try and find the next ride. He also said that if she HAD being doing clothes, then she was probably doing them at a truck stop, but he's seen many hitchhikers with similar items and he's not surprised and does not find it strange that this is all she had on her.

He said that the truck driver actually told them that "Mary" had told him that she had lived in Florida and had gone there to be with a man who she'd planned to marry, but she had felt it necessary to leave. Abuse was implied. She implied she was originally from Alabama. She said she couldn't go to Texas. The detective says he thinks the man she was going to marry had Texas connections, so that is why she didn't want to go there.

The detective also said that the reason we didn't find anything in the WM paper is that they lost all their archives in a fire some years back.

Anyway, looks like we've stirred things up, and the detective is interested in anything we can come up with! I'll send Pink the contact info!

P.S. And as luck would have it, the detective and I are very likely cousins. Ironic that in the course of trying to identify someone who's family has not known what happened to her in over 20 years...I find a family member.

Gold mine!

We have a detective most interested in this case and what we know! I've emailed information to him, and he's given me other information. He is going to resubmit the fingerprints of LL for starters. He is more than happy to make copies of anything besides NCIC printouts for us. All Pink has to do is contact him regarding coming over, and he'll work with her.

I think you guys will be relieved to know that this case was well worked when it was fresh. The detective gave me some examples of the extent to which they'd gone. However, the people that originally worked it are either dead or no longer with the department. The detective is more than happy to put this case back on the front burner.

Sadly, he feels what I've felt all along...that LL was a professional hitchhiker who went up and down the road with whomever she could get a ride with. I asked him about the items found with her, and he said those are consistent with "professional" hitchhikers and not at all unusual. Plus the area where she was hit would be consistent with someone going from Point A to Point B to try and find the next ride. He also said that if she HAD being doing clothes, then she was probably doing them at a truck stop, but he's seen many hitchhikers with similar items and he's not surprised and does not find it strange that this is all she had on her.

He said that the truck driver actually told them that "Mary" had told him that she had lived in Florida and had gone there to be with a man who she'd planned to marry, but she had felt it necessary to leave. Abuse was implied. She implied she was originally from Alabama. She said she couldn't go to Texas. The detective says he thinks the man she was going to marry had Texas connections, so that is why she didn't want to go there.

The detective also said that the reason we didn't find anything in the WM paper is that they lost all their archives in a fire some years back.

Anyway, looks like we've stirred things up, and the detective is interested in anything we can come up with! I'll send Pink the contact info!

P.S. And as luck would have it, the detective and I are very likely cousins. Ironic that in the course of trying to identify someone who's family has not known what happened to her in over 20 years...I find a family member.

Get on a plane and visit Fairy1 in Vegas......'cause your HOT!......:woohoo:

Am so excited.....:crazy:

Get on a plane and visit Fairy1 in Vegas......'cause your HOT!......:woohoo:

Am so excited.....:crazy:

Hey now-flip this story a little and how about she cannot go to Texas because she is fleeing an abusive marriage there???

Gold mine!

You ROCK-can you guys get him what has been done with Rosie Baker?? I can give you a summary of where we are and the phone contact info for the Lt. who is working it in Texas...

We need someone to go for dentals on Rosie and I am personally frustrated with the process of trying to get them, although I am certain there is something going on behind the scenes I am unaware of. The last I heard they were trying to locate LL's remains to exhume.

Hey now-flip this story a little and how about she cannot go to Texas because she is fleeing an abusive marriage there???

I know....but was waiting for someone else to post it. Like walking under a ladder type thing lol.

Am so :woohoo::woohoo: It feels so good to know LL wasn't tossed aside!

When the detective saw the Texas/Rosie connection he was most interested. He was very aware of the fact that most or all of what "Mary" told the trucker could have been carpola. So yeah, it is one more promising bit of info.

By all means, shoot Pink or myself or both everything gathered up on Rosie to date. Pink could print it off and take it with her when she meets with the detective.

If you guys could have heard the enthusiasm in his voice you would have been so pleased. I honestly took a deep breath before I made the first call because I expected to be met with red tape and reluctance.

I did not mention the site's name. I did explain that we are a group of folks who meet up through a site and try to match Jane Does with missing persons. He was satisfied with that.

I saw this re: Rose

"
Case History / Additional
Baker was last seen in late May or early June 1980 in the 1000 block of Burrows Chapel Road in Whitesboro, Texas. Her husband stated she left their residence without warning in the middle of the night. She has never been heard from again. Her car, purse and clothing were left behind.The investigation into Baker's disappearance was reopened in 2007. Her case is now considered to be a homicide. It remains unsolved."

Do we know why it was re-opened in 2007 and why it's believed to be a homicide? I may have missed a post though I did read the entire thread but have only recently subscribed to it, so maybe I missed one.

If he is curious enough, LOL, he will find us!
When the detective saw the Texas/Rosie connection he was most interested. He was very aware of the fact that most or all of what "Mary" told the trucker could have been carpola. So yeah, it is one more promising bit of info.

By all means, shoot Pink or myself or both everything gathered up on Rosie to date. Pink could print it off and take it with her when she meets with the detective.

If you guys could have heard the enthusiasm in his voice you would have been so pleased. I honestly took a deep breath before I made the first call because I expected to be met with red tape and reluctance.

I did not mention the site's name. I did explain that we are a group of folks who meet up through a site and try to match Jane Does with missing persons. He was satisfied with that.

Heck if we are successful in this case, he will probably join up!!!

Gold mine!

:woohoo: myteemouse YOU ROCK

I saw this re: Rose

"
Case History / Additional
Baker was last seen in late May or early June 1980 in the 1000 block of Burrows Chapel Road in Whitesboro, Texas. Her husband stated she left their residence without warning in the middle of the night. She has never been heard from again. Her car, purse and clothing were left behind.The investigation into Baker's disappearance was reopened in 2007. Her case is now considered to be a homicide. It remains unsolved."

Do we know why it was re-opened in 2007 and why it's believed to be a homicide? I may have missed a post though I did read the entire thread but have only recently subscribed to it, so maybe I missed one.

Hiya YES i read that back then too

And one way to be one step closer is Rose has a Hysterectomy scar - can we find this out quickly ? whether LL did ?

The only thing is that Rose only has one denture - upper - where as ll has too which I cant fathom...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back