Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I am calling on Annabelle tomorrow (Weds) morning (my son is home today, don't want to have that conversation with him around). I am asking LE about the following for Annabelle:

Fingerprints in IAFIS or on card?
If she had dentures?
Her supposed tie to Florida?

What else?

This is only my 2nd time doing this, I get so nervous, does it get easier? Those that do this all the time, does LE take you seriously? I get so nervous that they will think I am just some crazy crackpot calling to be nosy...

I fully expected to be treated as a crackpot/nuisance when I called WM. They were courteous, enthusiastic and glad we were interested in the case. So hopefully you will have the same experience! We'll be with you in spirit.

Ok, I am calling on Annabelle tomorrow (Weds) morning (my son is home today, don't want to have that conversation with him around). I am asking LE about the following for Annabelle:

If she had dentures?

What else?

This is only my 2nd time doing this, I get so nervous, does it get easier? Those that do this all the time, does LE take you seriously? I get so nervous that they will think I am just some crazy crackpot calling to be nosy...

Was she a smoker, does she have any distinguishing marks not listed on line like scars, tattoos, piercings, reconstructive surgery, did she ever bear a child, shoe size....You will be great!

If she still seems likely and if they have a print card, have them contact Chris Edwards at the Arkansas Crime Lab...they can send it via email or fax.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

If she had dentures?

What else?

Good going Jules- Can they address the wrist fracture we know Annabelle had, but don't know if LL had? Also, can they tell how long LL had been wearing dentures?
You're funny, I'd be nervous and completely out of my element doing this. I'd be feeling the same way they'd be saying "lady lady slow down- now what?"LOL

If she had dentures?

What else?

You GO GIRL!!!! Don't be nervous. Just know that you have all of us crackpots right behind you 100%!!! You are speaking on behalf of those who cannot speak. That is a righteous endeavor!

Ok guys, I talked to Detective Boutwell today about Annebelle. Basically the information that we have on Annebelle from Doe is what we have. She was not reported missing until several years after, so there is not alot of info. He did not know if she was a smoker, it had not been indicated; no dentals, no fingerprints. MAYBE DNA though, he swabbed two living sisters, last he knew it was sent to Florida, but he does not know if it is in Codec. I gave him the info on Laundry Lady, and am emailing him the info and links. He was very nice, and I was not so nervous, LOL. If I find out anything new from the email, I will post, but it looks like we are were we were before the call, except for the possible DNA.

Instead of submitting LL info to Boutwell, I wonder if we can reverse it and have Chris Edwards, (AR) look into Annabelle? IIRC Annabelle's sisters didn't get much out of LE on their end.
Julessleuther and all, you are moving this along, even if it seems like we go back to where we started- square one, is a place we evidently have to "linger" at as we research, rule out, and move forward. The way I figure, anyway.

I understand what you are saying about Annebelles DNA, but I really think LE's hands were tied. Noone reported her missing for a long time, and they did not offer up much information about her. If I understood Det. Boutwell correctly, he sent the DNA swab stuff to Florida, which is where I am guessing her sisters live(d). He said he only picked up this case in 2001 (I believe he said), so there were alot of empty holes (so to speak). I think Annabelle just got forgotten by her family--they thought she knowingly disappeared. Perhaps the original LE should have asked more questions, or questioned her odd disappearance, but I do not think the family offered much at all.

Instead of submitting LL info to Boutwell, I wonder if we can reverse it and have Chris Edwards, (AR) look into Annabelle? IIRC Annabelle's sisters didn't get much out of LE on their end.
Julessleuther and all, you are moving this along, even if it seems like we go back to where we started- square one, is a place we evidently have to "linger" at as we research, rule out, and move forward. The way I figure, anyway.

Ok guys, I talked to Detective Boutwell today about Annebelle. Basically the information that we have on Annebelle from Doe is what we have. She was not reported missing until several years after, so there is not alot of info. He did not know if she was a smoker, it had not been indicated; no dentals, no fingerprints. MAYBE DNA though, he swabbed two living sisters, last he knew it was sent to Florida, but he does not know if it is in Codec. I gave him the info on Laundry Lady, and am emailing him the info and links. He was very nice, and I was not so nervous, LOL. If I find out anything new from the email, I will post, but it looks like we are were we were before the call, except for the possible DNA.

Good going, Julesleuther! imo Your call was informative and does not sound as dismal as you may think. If a DNA file cannot be found than perhaps Annabelle's sisters will be agreeable to another test that is submitted properly. Annabelle's youngest daughter, now in her 20s, is another possibility for DNA.

We're only in the first inning/first out with Annabelle. She may or may not be LL but she will benefit from our search to identify LL. :blowkiss:

You are right Capoly, and I did mention that to Det. Boutwell in my email--even if Annabelle is not LL, she still deserves our attention, so I asked for any other info he could find out about her. :)

For giggles, I did a zabasearch for Annabelle under all her previous names--there is an Annabelle Smith in Pensacola, but no birth year. I wish we knew the name of the guy she was supposedly going to see, and I wish we knew where in Florida she was supposed to be going...maybe it is time for a new thread for Annabelle? I also wonder if LE has checked to see if there has been any activity on her social...NOW I think of these things, sigh...

Thank you Jules - for taking the time to call and put yourself out there. You rock! Hopefully we will find out where LL, Rosie and Annabelle belong!

You are right Capoly, and I did mention that to Det. Boutwell in my email--even if Annabelle is not LL, she still deserves our attention, so I asked for any other info he could find out about her. :)
Respectfully snipped!
If you would like to have both investigative agencies working on this,
Here is Chris Edwards email at the Arkansas Crime Lab;
chris.edwards@crimelab.arkansas.gov

Mr. Edwards is very kind and appreciates everyones help, here, especially on these cold cases. Send him an email with links to Annabelle and if Annabelle has an NCIC number include that,too. Also, list the case number for LL so he can pull it up fairly easy (I always put the Jane Doe Case No. in the subject area) If you feel comfortable doing so, give him your phone number, he will call you if he needs to, he will also follow up with an email back to you.

You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

I believe someone else is already working with Mr. Edwards on Rose?
QUOTE] Respectfully snipped!
If you would like to have both investigative agencies working on this,
Here is Chris Edwards email at the Arkansas Crime Lab;
chris.edwards@crimelab.arkansas.gov

Mr. Edwards is very kind and appreciates everyones help, here, especially on these cold cases. Send him an email with links to Annabelle and if Annabelle has an NCIC number include that,too. Also, list the case number for LL so he can pull it up fairly easy (I always put the Jane Doe Case No. in the subject area) If you feel comfortable doing so, give him your phone number, he will call you if he needs to, he will also follow up with an email back to you.

You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

I have been emailing back and forth on Rosie with Mr. Edwards.

We need prints, lol-barring prints, we need dentals I think. Did we decided Annabelle has either??? Help a poster out-I am beat from sick little ones...

LM for Mr. Edwards to see where Rosie vs LL is and to let him know that we have another candidate as well just in case you-all haven't sent Annabelle to him yet!!

I will post when I hear back from him.

No prints, no dentals for Annabelle. Possibly DNA, but the LE did not think that had been submitted.

I have been emailing back and forth on Rosie with Mr. Edwards.

We need prints, lol-barring prints, we need dentals I think. Did we decided Annabelle has either??? Help a poster out-I am beat from sick little ones...

Hi everyone. I've been out of commission for the past few weeks. Could someone update me on things and let me know what I can do? I got very sick and as a result I'm very behind on my book project, but I want to do what I can. I can put full efforts in at the end of May, but since I'm local I want to help in some way now.

Thanks all

Hi everyone. I've been out of commission for the past few weeks. Could someone update me on things and let me know what I can do? I got very sick and as a result I'm very behind on my book project, but I want to do what I can. I can put full efforts in at the end of May, but since I'm local I want to help in some way now.

Thanks all

Feel better...

For those of you that have been around for a while, is this the only forum that has any info on Rose Baker? I'm new to this site and am having trouble finding anything other than this comparison to the Laundry Lady. Thank you!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PearlLemonLeadsUSA
Back