Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has this lady ever been considered? She is new on Charley, and I thought their hairlines are really close. As soon as I saw her I thought it was Rose Cole, so just throwing another hat in the ring.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baze_janice.html

Snufamonbobball, the hairline immediately caught me too. Other features seem similar, but the different angles make it less than precise.

There is a long time lapse, but she could have taken off and moved on. She is within the age range at that time. Geography makes sense. The body size is a little off, but it's within the realm of possibility.

Has this lady ever been considered? She is new on Charley, and I thought their hairlines are really close. As soon as I saw her I thought it was Rose Cole, so just throwing another hat in the ring.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baze_janice.html

Actually the story attached to her listing makes no sense...she had a heated argument and left with her husband? And wasn't reported for 4 months? Sounds pretty suspicious to me....JMO.

I guess I would see if she has fingerprints and false teeth....fingerprints will rule her in/out immediately.

The belongings [ namely detergents etc]
indicates that she may have been renting a room close by?

people usually do not walk around with toothpaste [ used]
looks used it is out of the box.

all seem to be small sizes which people who travel usually
get.
I do not see the bag they were in which would help a lot if we could see the bag she had with her.

In her clothing and possessions what is that lying beside her jeans and shoes?

a hair barrett or pin?
need a close up of that.

plus see how she only has clothing she was wearing?
could she possibly have just left a Laundramat close by?
Is there one close by?
Or a hotel with such services nearby?
Anyway..
looks to me like she was a
traveler.
Hitchiker/
Are there any truckstops or bus terminals near where she was hit?

Any ideas on this?

Actually the story attached to her listing makes no sense...she had a heated argument and left with her husband? And wasn't reported for 4 months? Sounds pretty suspicious to me....JMO.

I guess I would see if she has fingerprints and false teeth....fingerprints will rule her in/out immediately.

this was not a local person by the laundry items and shampoo and used tube of toothpaste
if you look seems like she only used about a weeks worth, so I figure she was in a hotel or truckstop?
for about a week?
or traveling for that long to carry all this with her.
A local person would not be lugging this stuff around right?

Since the reorganization of NamUs files has taken place, some of the links don't work anymore, so here's her link and there is a new picture of the decedant in the images section. Thought it might be helpful.

snuf

https://identifyus.org/cases/2882

this was not a local person by the laundry items and shampoo and used tube of toothpaste
if you look seems like she only used about a weeks worth, so I figure she was in a hotel or truckstop?
for about a week?

Hi Websurfer! I also became interested in this case and fascinated with the research that the others here were doing.
As far as we know, she rode from Tennessee with a truck driver. She seemed destitute, and homeless and not from the area. Walking on an access road in wee hrs of morning.
There is good dialogue on the previous pages, and it seems to still be a matter of scanning through the uid's on namus, doe network, etc. for matches. Also, on W. Memphis topix, there are some comments..
I, for one, appreciate your interest in this case~ cheers..nomad

Since the reorganization of NamUs files has taken place, some of the links don't work anymore, so here's her link and there is a new picture of the decedant in the images section. Thought it might be helpful.

snuf

https://identifyus.org/cases/2882

:woohoo:

I already see her WIDOW'S PEak which is not in her ID description.
Would be so good if all cases had a picture even if it is of the person following death.
The hair and all.
many thanks..
yes this case is intersting but like many others if somebody is not reported missing or lost etc...
all our searching is for nothing...
if only people knew how important reporting a person gone/missing is...:dance:

for about a week?

:waitasec:
maybe that is where the clues are?

I'm going to put a new link up here as a possible match.

I'm leaning towards "no" but have a nagging doubt.

Patsy Delios Destelia Ridens Clark
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2879dfar.html

Location: Arkansas, traveled extensively around the area and neighboring states.

Demographics: Not much really. No rule in or out. Age 55 is on the high side of consistent with the UID.

Physical appearance: Auburn hair is also consistent with color photograph. Some facial similarity. UID appears to be much tauter and leaner in appearance than the missing person but this could be accounted for by six months' time lapse.

Circumstances: Patsy disappeared in unclear circumstances, seen getting into a cab by her ex (with whom she was apparently on friendly enough terms). She was known to travel to unknown locations. She typically continued to cash her Social Security checks and apparently did not do so. She also did not maintain contact with her family following her disappearance. This makes me think that she came to harm shortly after her disappearance, making the six month time lag sit uneasily with the circumstances of Patsy's disappearance.

Could someone else please take a look at it though and see what you think and whether it is worth submitting?

I'm going to put a new link up here as a possible match.

I'm leaning towards "no" but have a nagging doubt.

Patsy Delios Destelia Ridens Clark
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2879dfar.html

Location: Arkansas, traveled extensively around the area and neighboring states.

Demographics: Not much really. No rule in or out. Age 55 is on the high side of consistent with the UID.

Physical appearance: Auburn hair is also consistent with color photograph. Some facial similarity. UID appears to be much tauter and leaner in appearance than the missing person but this could be accounted for by six months' time lapse.

Circumstances: Patsy disappeared in unclear circumstances, seen getting into a cab by her ex (with whom she was apparently on friendly enough terms). She was known to travel to unknown locations. She typically continued to cash her Social Security checks and apparently did not do so. She also did not maintain contact with her family following her disappearance. This makes me think that she came to harm shortly after her disappearance, making the six month time lag sit uneasily with the circumstances of Patsy's disappearance.

Could someone else please take a look at it though and see what you think and whether it is worth submitting?

I like her-I think we need more info like height/weight/eyecolor distinguishing marks like tattoos or piercings....can you call LE and ask if they knew if she smoked and had false teeth??

I don't think I'd be the best person to call LE on this one I'm sorry.

As regards Patsy Clark, I've looked at this video:

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/cold_case/story.aspx?storyid=98848

She was known to frequent the Memphis area. At the time of her disappearance, her husband stated that she had a large amount of cash with her. "Six months' worth of money built up," - I don't know why it was only six months if she was missing - but if she had money perhaps she intended to have her checks waiting for her on her eventual return home and had no need to cash Social Security while out of state. Also a "large amount of cash" might only have been a few hundred dollars so perhaps this is of no significance. For what it's worth, Patsy suffered acute schizophrenia.

However the missing poster also suggests that she went missing in 1988, not 1987 (despite what the article and her son now say) which would make her an automatic rule out. Her son also looks into missing and unidentified persons - which would suggest he really should have seen Laundry Lady already.

Glad to see some action here. I think Patsy Clark is a compelling possibility. We should at least turn it over to LE. Though they haven't been terribly responsive in the past.

It was me who had LE contact both with Arkansas Crime Lab and Rosie's investigator. I put the two of them together and have never heard another word since. There was no question that DNA was going to have to be obtained for LL to compare her to Rosie and the Crime Lab was having trouble finding LL's body. They were hoping that finger prints or dentals would be presented because the files show both. There is MtDNA for Rosie available. I still think this is Rosie, fwiw but do not mind looking at others.

BBM Pardon my ignorance.....(especially since I believe you have explained this to me before lol).....but does the difference in DNA typing disallow a match-up via DNA?

It depends on where the MtDNA sample is....now we know that LL has primary DNA in Codis-we have to find out where Rosie's sample is. If it is not in a National Database, it may need to be compared sample to sample....I will email Chris and the Sheriff today to see if they can shed some light. ;)

I sent a note to Chris Edwards checking into whether Rosie's sample ran against LL's automatically or if it has to be compared sample to sample...

Just wondering if there was any update on this and/or the case of Patsy Clark.

I cannot for the life of me get through to a live person at the Little Rock CrimeStoppers line....you will all be happy to know however that they take applications for police officers at the same phone number...lol.

I am looking for additional information on Patsy Clark-did she have any distinguishing marks, h/w measurements, did she have dentures...anything that would rule her in or out of comparison to LL. While I wait for a call back, I am going to throw a tag on the thread in case her son is google searching....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back