Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that struck me about Jane, she squinted alot, I wonder if she originally wore glasses and then lost them or they got broken.... Any thoughts?

On Ms. Lambert, I wonder how accurate the height estimate is or rather who estimated it? Ms. Lambert would've had to of grown almost a foot in 6 years, which is possible, but no doubt painful..... I looked at Little Lambert, have her on my list, she favors JD, or what I imagine JD may've looked like at that age. I have always felt that JD was taken or lured in to the lifestyle she was in(when she was murdered) at a young and gullible age....

That's why I chose this photo of JD to do this side by side....
Here's a side by side of Jane and Ms. Lambert:

Madeabecbec, just a note, my son grew over 13 inches in 2 years! As a younger child, he had severe growing pains, wake me up in the middle of the night to get a rub down with mineral ice. And he still has them, just every once in a while now. And he is still getting taller.

I am the daton4ever. I posted this on topix to see if I got any response in VB. I grew up in Virginia most of my life. I use to hang out in VB in the 80's. There will a story on Jane Doe in the virginia pilot this comming week. I have been doing research on Jane Doe in Virginia Beach and in Norfolk Virginia. I already have someone that worked with runaways in the 70's and 80's check ing all of there records for her, they are also working with the VB police department and looking at all of there records on runaways in the 80's. I can tell you that we have been in contact with Phillips Waterside and they have talked to ALL of there past Managers from the time the restraunt open to when it closed and no manager remembers her as being a waitress there.

Ravens in Virginia Beach is a bar which has bands that play on the weekends. She also had a menus from Worrells Brothers which was a restraunt with a bar in it. The managers of Ravens has already ruled out as her working there and Worrells Brothers closed.

Jane Doe timeline per this area would of have been from 6/1983( Phillips Waterside opened, 1984 Worrell Brothers open) to around 1985 maybe 1986. Per the times of when these menus were printed.

When I visit the virginia board for Benjaman Kyle posting, I will help keep it to the front, if you'd like?

Another thing that struck me about Jane, she squinted alot, I wonder if she originally wore glasses and then lost them or they got broken.... Any thoughts?

On Ms. Lambert, I wonder how accurate the height estimate is or rather who estimated it? Ms. Lambert would've had to of grown almost a foot in 6 years, which is possible, but no doubt painful..... I looked at Little Lambert, have her on my list, she favors JD, or what I imagine JD may've looked like at that age. I have always felt that JD was taken or lured in to the lifestyle she was in(when she was murdered) at a young and gullible age....

That's why I chose this photo of JD to do this side by side....
Here's a side by side of Jane and Ms. Lambert:
Seems the upperpart of there faces are close, especially this photo of jane doe.

Also the Virginia Pilot is going to run a article in it's paper probley this week on Jane Doe so maybe something will come out of it. Virginia Pilot covers a large area of Virginia and eastern part of North Carolina.

Also the Virginia Pilot is going to run a article in it's paper probley this week on Jane Doe so maybe something will come out of it. Virginia Pilot covers a large area of Virginia and eastern part of North Carolina.
Great Sleuthing Seifsister!!! :dance:Thanks sooooo much for putting her on Topix and Thank you for the info! Did you ever hear anything from the bartender? Are you able to share, if so?

Does the Virginia Pilot have a website? Would love to see the article!!! Do you need a subscription?

So, Worrell Brothers closed? Do you know when? The printed menus gives us a timeline of 1983 to 1986!!
Carolewood: Mmmmm, Little Lambert is looking more and more like a possibility!! I believe you should submit her!!

I have not heard anything in a bit from ME or LE, I'll call and re-send some emails, today!! I know they have more current cases to work on, so they may just have to be reminded a bit!!

By Harry Minium
The Virginian-Pilot
© May 19, 2008
NORFOLK

If some city leaders get their way, Waterside, the aging waterfront attraction that helped spark the revitalization of downtown, might be razed to make room for a luxury hotel, condos or perhaps an office tower.

What happens to the site, which features sweeping views of ships plying the Elizabeth River and of downtown Portsmouth, will be one of the most important decisions this council makes, Councilman Barclay C. Winn said.

"It's the most valuable piece of real estate in the city," said Councilman Paul R. Riddick, who supports tearing down the facility.

Waterside's future could be decided by the fall with help from the community and perhaps a consultant, city leaders said. The council likely will hold a special meeting this summer to discuss the issue.

Built in 1983 in place of abandoned warehouses and rubble-strewn parking lots, the marketplace helped transform downtown, and once was one of the area's most popular shopping and dining destinations. Today, with nearby MacArthur Center and dozens of eateries and nightspots on Granby Street, the facility has struggled.

When it opened on June 1, 1983, nearly 100,000 curious shoppers ventured inside to check out Phillips Waterside seafood restaurant, Crabtree & Evelyn, Hofheimer's Shoes 'N' Such, Scantastic and the Fudgery, where fudge was cooked and molded in the center of the food court.

Nearly all of the original tenants have left. Sales have fallen, and although the facility remains 97 percent leased, many spaces in the prominent food court are empty. Leases for many of the facility's largest tenants will end in 2010.

Waterside should be closed in 2010, Vice Mayor Anthony L. Burfoot said.

Burfoot said he sees outdoor shops on the site, similar to those in Atlantic City, with high-rise condominiums. Other council members have talked about a five-star hotel, a tall office building or a condominium project.

"I don't think we want a party place," Burfoot said.

City Manager Regina V.K. Williams said the site should continue to provide public access to the waterfront and that any future development should blend with its surroundings, which include the Sheraton Waterside Hotel and Town Point Park.

Over the years, Waterside has experienced its share of refurbishment.

It was expanded in 1990 to make way for more retail space. Nine years later, because of the opening of MacArthur Center, much of the new retail space became nightclubs. Waterside quickly became a magnet for young adults seeking to dance and drink.

But as more restaurants have opened along Granby Street and expanded the opportunities for nightlife, they have drawn customers from Waterside.

Burfoot said city leaders need to decide Waterside's future soon so the businesses there can relocate nearby. Besides Jillian's, Outback Steakhouse, Hooters and Joe's Crab Shack, among other chain restaurants, the marketplace also has retail businesses such as All About Virginia and More and The City Market.

"We want to keep business that's on the books in the city," he said.

City officials also are grappling with financial problems at Waterside. The city's housing authority purchased the marketplace in 1999 from a private owner. Norfolk leaders said they would eventually sell it to another private owner. That sale has never taken place.

City assessor Deborah Bunn said the land at Waterside is valued at nearly $8.5 million, which she said is likely close to its market value. The property currently nets the city more than $2 million in direct taxes a year, but sales have been declining, said Shurl Montgomery, executive director of the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority, which runs the facility.

This year, Waterside will need more than the $850,000 annual payment the city currently gives to the housing authority to operate the facility. The authority has asked the city for another $240,000 this fiscal year, which ends next month, and will need an additional $300,000 or more next fiscal year, which begins in July, he said.

However, Mayor Paul Fraim said the city will need to spend more than that. The facility needs a new paint job and expanded lighting just as a start, he said.

Waterside also has $5.7 million in debt from its expansion, which the city will have to pay off if it closes.

Fraim cautioned that no decision has been made to tear down the facility.

"It's still 97 percent leased," he said.

He said it's possible Waterside could be refurbished and its purpose redefined as it was nearly a decade ago.

"We need to keep all options on the table," he said. "And we need to keep the present tenants in mind."

Harry Minium, (757) 446-2371, harry.minium@pilotonline.com

Hi - This is my first post so forgive me if I have posted incorrectly.
I've been very touched by this case. I found the following girl missing at age 15 since January 1, 1980 from Venice, Los Angeles, California. Her name is Kimberly Ann Kahler. She would have been 26 in 1991. I don't know how to post a link to side by side photos, but if you check JD morgue pictures and compare it to the center picture on the doenetwork, I think there is a remarkable likeness. Her DNA is in CODIS - does that mean it has already been checked against Jane Doe's DNA in CODIS?

Kimberly Ann Kahler

• Date Of Birth: January 17, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 145 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown/auburn hair; blue eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Kahler has a small-sized scar on the left side of one of her lips. She has facial freckles.
  • Dentals: Not available
  • DNA: in CODIS
  • AKA: Kim
http://www.doenetwork.org/

CASE: 942DFCA

Hey Everyone! I received an email today from LASD (Diane M. Harris)Missing Persons Unit, letting us know that DNA is being processed at this time between Jane and Ms. Kahler!!:dance:

Guess, we'll continue our "hurry up and wait" positions!!LOL!! :slap:

Hey Everyone! I received an email today from LASD (Diane M. Harris)Missing Persons Unit, letting us know that DNA is being processed at this time between Jane and Ms. Kahler!!:dance:

Guess, we'll continue our "hurry up and wait" positions!!LOL!! :slap:

Awesome, can't wait. It should take a few months, right? I don't see a strong resemblance between the two but of course in a way I hope there is a match so there is closure for this women's family who has been gone over twenty years. I thought the girl who was a lot shorter looked like her, but usually women stop growing before boys if they hit puberty at an early age. I stopped growing when I was only 12. I am 5'7. Same with all of my friends. Anyway, too bad I'm in Canada so I can't be of much help but will continue looking for matches if these don't work out...

I am blunt so I will be blunt, nope, don't think Lambert resembles Jane Doe much at all and due to the circumstances do not believe she would be her. Besides the resemblance, we have a 12 year old girl who police believe was abducted by a stranger. Most children who are abducted by a stanger are deceased within something like 48 hours. I don't believe she would have been working willingly as a prostitute, had opportunity to contact her family and chose not to. We know she lived with that Christian family, she could have used the phone there. Ms.Lambert was close to her Mother. I believe that a family member killed her or she was abducted by a stranger and met with foul play, unfortunately, which is very sad.

Here's Ms. Kahlers Age progressed pic and Janes side by side:
I gave Jane a pinker tone, they do look like sisters.... (I took the bangs they gave Ms. Kahler away also)

Attachments

• KKahlerage progressed 1991ARJane.jpg
    KKahlerage progressed 1991ARJane.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 106
Seems the upperpart of there faces are close, especially this photo of jane doe.

True, but in my opinion, the mouths are completely different. Jane Doe's is smaller while the child's mouth is wider.

Here's Ms. Kahlers Age progressed pic and Janes side by side:
I gave Jane a pinker tone, they do look like sisters.... (I took the bangs they gave Ms. Kahler away also)

I am just picking on you aren't I! I really don't see much of a resemblance, the eyes aren't similar and the noses are way different. Jane Doe has a slender nose while Ms.Kahler's looks much wider. The mouths are about the same size.

Great Sleuthing Seifsister!!! :dance:Thanks sooooo much for putting her on Topix and Thank you for the info! Did you ever hear anything from the bartender? Are you able to share, if so?

Does the Virginia Pilot have a website? Would love to see the article!!! Do you need a subscription?

So, Worrell Brothers closed? Do you know when? The printed menus gives us a timeline of 1983 to 1986!!
Carolewood: Mmmmm, Little Lambert is looking more and more like a possibility!! I believe you should submit her!!

I have not heard anything in a bit from ME or LE, I'll call and re-send some emails, today!! I know they have more current cases to work on, so they may just have to be reminded a bit!!

I would prefer since I know nothing about the jane doe, just read what was on topix, for one of you to do it. I just wanted to put this one out there after looking at her stats. I personally think they are close. Even the age difference, I see striking resemblence, jmo. Maybe some further sleughting to see if some of these peoples names come up with the Lambert girl. If not maybe a call to the LE handling Lambert case could give some insight as to her case, and maybe these names may come up? I have not read all of this thread, so not sure what you all have done. But I would prefer for one of you to take this on, I think it would be best.

I am just picking on you aren't I! I really don't see much of a resemblance, the eyes aren't similar and the noses are way different. Jane Doe has a slender nose while Ms.Kahler's looks much wider. The mouths are about the same size.

I don't see any picking going on around here! Whatchoo talking 'bout?!! LOL!
Seriously, I appreciate all input and sincere opinions!!
This Jane has been stumping the very best, for almost 18 years, I just can't help but think there's something that we're overlooking, and it's so simple it's right in front of us.

Look at the difference in Janes pics here (on the right is morgue photo) I don't believe I would've put these two as one and the same, she was a make-up artist for sure!!

Attachments

• Jane Doe 81UFAR4 found in AR 91.jpg
    Jane Doe 81UFAR4 found in AR 91.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 134
This Jane has been stumping the very best, for almost 18 years, I just can't help but think there's something that we're overlooking, and it's so simple it's right in front of us.

Look at the difference in Janes pics here (on the right is morgue photo) I don't believe I would've put these two as one and the same, she was a make-up artist for sure!!

Makeup does alot of good, doensn't it? I too, said the same thing, wow, these are the same two people! Could you do a side by with Jane's morgue photo and Lambert? Thanks

Makeup does alot of good, doensn't it? I too, said the same thing, wow, these are the same two people! Could you do a side by with Jane's morgue photo and Lambert? Thanks

You can't make it so it opens in a new window right, MBB? I say this because I don't like seeing post mortems even though her's isn't gruesome she just looks dead and with the pics, you see the attatchment in the post. Oh well I guess I can always scroll by really fast, I know her post mortem has been posted in here already...

Hi Guys Im Back!!!! Just a thought...If you see pictures of me I have been blond, brunett and redhead, the way I put on makeup, gain and lose weight,
and during "that time of the month" my face can be either very FAT or thin and pale( and I am dark skinned) pictures are very deciving, I think we need to not put so much stock in looks-you should have seen me this weekend, I would have broken a camera if someone took a pic!!!! **madea I will get neices name****

You can't make it so it opens in a new window right, MBB? I say this because I don't like seeing post mortems even though her's isn't gruesome she just looks dead and with the pics, you see the attatchment in the post. Oh well I guess I can always scroll by really fast, I know her post mortem has been posted in here already...

Danaya, You are funny, how on earth are you interested unidenitifed persons and dont want to look at post-mortems:blowkiss:Im kidding , maybe I really am a werido, I just cant look away ( that's not good huh??)

You're NOT wierd (or so would I be!) and neither is Danaya! At least we're here trying to help in our own ways.

And ya'll are right on regarding the pics of JD. It's a rare thing to have ANY "living" pics of a UID, but in this case we have many! Yet she looks so different in in all of them. In some she looks about 15, in others more like 30. You would think it would, but it's not helping to narrow down the possible matches at all!

That being said, I don't see a resemblance in some of the possibilities that have been posted recently. HOWEVER, it's obvious we need to think outside of the box a bit on this one.

JD has a pretty distinctive face shape, which is helpful when searching for possible matches. I try to focus on features that don't change drastically over time or with cosmetics. Hair color and even eye color can be changed easily.

My concern with this JD is that she may never have been reported missing by anyone. It does seem to me that she was on the streets and living a hard life for quite some time. It also seems likely that even her "friends" didn't know her real name or where she was from. This is why I feel the Stroud angle needs to be revisited. Any suggestions on how we can make that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72