Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this potential match as ruled out by Union County Coroner Dentals back in February of 2004 from a list of ruled outs I have. It looked so promising!! :-(

Aw, that's sad. :( It did... the same lifestyle, same use of aliases, same LOOK. I wish it would've been her.

Christine wanted me to post that the Coroner stated Kelli was ruled out. It might require a more detailed discussion with the detective because Kelli has no DNA on file, so it must have been something pretty strong that ruled her out...like prints or dentals.

Just a side note about the pimp reporting her missing.

It says she was a high class hooker, meaning she worked for the more wealthy people. A pimp making $500-1000 a john is more likely to miss a girl than a pimp making $10-20 a john. Think of Heidi Fleiss - she took care of her girls because they took care of her. A run-of-the-mill low end pimp isn't going to care that much because it's not worth it to him.

Just my thoughts on that. I've always had a wierd fascination with prostitutes and I never knew why. I never wanted to BE one, but I always thought they were interesting. A few years back my grandmother told me about her aunt - a high class hooker with fur coats and diamonds and a new car (in WWII era). I told her 'maybe that's why I love prostitutes' and my grandmother said 'I always have too.' Haha.

Just a side note about the pimp reporting her missing.

It says she was a high class hooker, meaning she worked for the more wealthy people. A pimp making $500-1000 a john is more likely to miss a girl than a pimp making $10-20 a john. Think of Heidi Fleiss - she took care of her girls because they took care of her. A run-of-the-mill low end pimp isn't going to care that much because it's not worth it to him.

Just my thoughts on that. I've always had a wierd fascination with prostitutes and I never knew why. I never wanted to BE one, but I always thought they were interesting. A few years back my grandmother told me about her aunt - a high class hooker with fur coats and diamonds and a new car (in WWII era). I told her 'maybe that's why I love prostitutes' and my grandmother said 'I always have too.' Haha.

ME TOO! I thought I was the only one with this fascination...

my thoughts on this are: our UID was probably never reported missing, if she was the con artist that she seems to be, if those that knew her real identity thought that she had left willingly. So I don't know that looking in missing persons files would necessarily help.

I really do think it will just have to be a "do you recognize this girl from 1990" posting everywhere and see if a relative or someone happens to recognize the picture. maybe if a publication of some sort wrote a story on the mystery.

Christine wanted me to post that the Coroner stated Kelli was ruled out. It might require a more detailed discussion with the detective because Kelli has no DNA on file, so it must have been something pretty strong that ruled her out...like prints or dentals.

I am not sure if you are giving the DNA info based on our tele earlier....I meant to state that the UID does NOT have DNA in CODIS as far as the coroner remembered but LE has the file and I couldn't get the det. while on lunch today, coroner said they hold all info and I should speak with them to get more details.

I'm working on it.

Here is a side by side comparison. Kelly McGinness was reported missing in 1983. This Jane Doe was found in 1991. She would be 8 years older. I, too, think it's a likely match. I'm thrown off by the age and height, but in the past this things have been reported wrong. Kelly McGinness' height may have been a guess by a family member???

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Zanko123/KellyCarrKellyMcGinness.jpg

I cannot believe this isn't a match - look at them! I would have to assume they had fingerprints on both of these ladies, based on their lifestyles. But mistakes can be made and I do feel this is one possible that may need a bit of a push for a definite rule out. Thanks, Zanko, for the side-by-side!

I cannot believe this isn't a match - look at them! I would have to assume they had fingerprints on both of these ladies, based on their lifestyles. But mistakes can be made and I do feel this is one possible that may need a bit of a push for a definite rule out. Thanks, Zanko, for the side-by-side!

We don't give up easy. I plan on talking to det tomorrow and getting SPECIFICS. ;)

I know they look very alike but the facial features are distinctively different
Also the Last photo of Kelli is way older looking than the UID
Also the height 5'5 V 5'11 is a huge difference

Wow, that really looks like her! The only thing I would wonder is, what was she doing for the six or seven years between the time of her dissapearance and the time she was found? It didn't seem like she left with any of her belongings and it looked like she was picked up by a john and then murdered. This means if it's her, she would have skipped town and not left a trace until 1991...

You know , having revisited this I do think the two pics side by side are very similar
the jaw line eye shape nose and so on
But that other photo of Kelli on the Kelli page ? what is that photo of ? Jane doe looks nothing like that picture
they also sayKelli is stocky

Here is a side by side comparison. Kelly McGinness was reported missing in 1983. This Jane Doe was found in 1991. She would be 8 years older. I, too, think it's a likely match. I'm thrown off by the age and height, but in the past this things have been reported wrong. Kelly McGinness' height may have been a guess by a family member???

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Zanko123/KellyCarrKellyMcGinness.jpg

Holy Cow. I was thinking this was a long shot until you posted this.

One thing would be to find out if the missing woman had freckles and a scar under her breast like the murder victim.

They do look spookily similar and there is of course the "Kelly" name coincidence or clue (the spelling is irrelevant if it's an alias or street name, and even if not it's not that important.)

A 6" difference in height is huge though - it's the difference between me as a moderately tall man and my sister who is of slightly above average height for a woman. I suppose that someone who is very short or very tall (sub 5' or over 6'6") could get the heights confused but anyone else giving an estimate would have a pretty good idea whether Kelli was much, or a little bit, taller or shorter than their own height, and would estimate accordingly.

The weight/build thing doesn't shock me at all though - six years on the road and a drug habit would easily account for a change in weight.

I still think we should push a little harder on this one. The side-by-side facials are unbelievable!!!! I don't know how many times we've seen height, weight, distiguishing characteristics, etc., off one way or the other. Particularly with someone with this lifestyle.....

I still think we should push a little harder on this one. The side-by-side facials are unbelievable!!!! I don't know how many times we've seen height, weight, distiguishing characteristics, etc., off one way or the other. Particularly with someone with this lifestyle.....

Wow... I totally agree....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member