AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Lisa Joy White been mentioned? I didn't see her name on the list of rule outs. I know her height is off but she was only 13 when she went missing in 1974. I know if I went missing my height would be wrong because everyone thinks I'm taller than I am. The information about Lisa states that she loved to dance and dated older boys and men. It says Lisa left a note for her mom saying she wasn't a little girl.

I think she could be a possible. It's implied that they think she met with foul play but there is also a chance she ran away. There's a facebook page for her case, maybe you could message them the pics of EDJD and see what they think?

There is a good article here. Oh my what a McAlphin is, he will reveal all for $4000....:mad:

The story of Mercedes is that of a woman who had a history of prostitution and frayed relationships. James “Ice” McAlphin, her lover and alleged pimp, was convicted of killing her. McAlphin, who is breaking his silence for the first time, claims he’s the only person who truly knows who she was.

“The identity is not a mystery to me,” McAlphin told HuffPost from inside East Arkansas Regional Unit, a correctional center in Marianna, Arkansas. “But, if you solve this cold case, you’ll find that you are also solving a couple more cold cases.”

I would hold McAlphin down and beat the answers out of him....arrogant SOB

I do believe him when he says she kept her identity a secret because other crimes may be uncovered... and also that her family would not be happy w her choice in lifestyle. im thinking she was a rebellious teen who ran away but her family may have disowned her.

There is a good article here. Oh my what a McAlphin is, he will reveal all for $4000....:mad:

The story of Mercedes is that of a woman who had a history of prostitution and frayed relationships. James “Ice” McAlphin, her lover and alleged pimp, was convicted of killing her. McAlphin, who is breaking his silence for the first time, claims he’s the only person who truly knows who she was.

“The identity is not a mystery to me,” McAlphin told HuffPost from inside East Arkansas Regional Unit, a correctional center in Marianna, Arkansas. “But, if you solve this cold case, you’ll find that you are also solving a couple more cold cases.”

He is a ... However He tells stories be careful in what to believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gah this case drives me nuts. I'm from Arkansas, I remember posting her poster all over swap shops, ad sites, etc. It's crazy no one knows who she is, she looks a lot like a friend of mine, actually, maybe that's what makes it so weird.

"Gail going to Fresno" may mean Fresno, Texas and not Fresno, California.....

A new listing on Namus and Doe Network: Laurie L Sibrell, missing since 1978 when she was 15.

There are no pictures of her yet, but her height is what made me think of El Dorado JD-- Laurie is listed as 5' 9" on Doe Network and 69-73" on Namus.

Strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3538dftn.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28556/0/

Anyone want to submit her as a possible match? It says she has DNA on Namus, so I'm not sure if that means she has already been compared automatically.

And if anyone is able to find a yearbook picture of Laurie or you just want to discuss her case more, her thread is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...klin-5-November-1978&highlight=Laurie+Sibrell

There are very few details about her disappearance.

A new listing on Namus and Doe Network: Laurie L Sibrell, missing since 1978 when she was 15.

There are no pictures of her yet, but her height is what made me think of El Dorado JD-- Laurie is listed as 5' 9" on Doe Network and 69-73" on Namus.

Anyone want to submit her as a possible match? It says she has DNA on Namus, so I'm not sure if that means she has already been compared automatically.

And if anyone is able to find a yearbook picture of Laurie or you just want to discuss her case more, her thread is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...klin-5-November-1978&highlight=Laurie+Sibrell

This description sounds promising - a quick bit of sleuthing suggests her last name is actually spelled Sibrel (and possibly first name is Lori?). There are plenty of Sibrels still living in that general area of TN and many of them have that fair complexion with strawberry blonde hair. I can't find my classmates login details which is so frustrating - does anyone have a login and could check to find a pic? There is a Franklin high school and it looks like possibly a Hillsboro high school too.

Likewise if anyone has ancestry access and wants to try and find Laurie/Lori's relatives names then I can do some more sleuthing to see pics of her confirmed relatives.

I'd be happy to submit this as a match but probably keen to get some more weight behind the theory first. I have submitted two matches in the last two days (on other cases) and want to make sure I'm only submitting good possibilities so I'm not seen as a time-waster by Namus. This match does sound very promising though!

This description sounds promising - a quick bit of sleuthing suggests her last name is actually spelled Sibrel (and possibly first name is Lori?). There are plenty of Sibrels still living in that general area of TN and many of them have that fair complexion with strawberry blonde hair. I can't find my classmates login details which is so frustrating - does anyone have a login and could check to find a pic? There is a Franklin high school and it looks like possibly a Hillsboro high school too.

Likewise if anyone has ancestry access and wants to try and find Laurie/Lori's relatives names then I can do some more sleuthing to see pics of her confirmed relatives.

I'd be happy to submit this as a match but probably keen to get some more weight behind the theory first. I have submitted two matches in the last two days (on other cases) and want to make sure I'm only submitting good possibilities so I'm not seen as a time-waster by Namus. This match does sound very promising though!

Thanks Sunny, I agree we should try to find her picture. I checked Ancestry and they didn't have the yearbook for Franklin High School and I did not find many people with her last name-- perhaps because it was spelled wrong! I'll look again with the alternative spellings you found.

I was able to find a portion of an old newspaper article that stated she was in the 10th grade at Franklin High School if that helps anyone. I'm not a very good sleuther, I'm afraid. I was really hoping to find a photo but wasn't able too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 78 and 79 yearbooks are available in Classmates for Franklin HS. She's not in either. The school did not have a Freshman class, so if she was in 10th grade in November of 78, she would not have been a student at Franklin HS during the 77-78 school year. She would have been in Junior HS. And since Nov 78 was only a couple of months into the 78-79 school year, perhaps she disappeared before the class took photos during her Sophomore year.

There doesn't appear to be any sort tribute page for her in the 81 book either, as there are sometimes for students who have died.

I was able to find a portion of an old newspaper article that stated she was in the 10th grade at Franklin High School if that helps anyone. I'm not a very good sleuther, I'm afraid. I was really hoping to find a photo but wasn't able too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members