AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever conduct a pollen or hair strand test for EJD? Sorry, I've been reading so many jane/john doe cases I'm getting confused.

There is mention of it back in one of these threads somewhere but I've never seen a source for it - and it's not even mentioned on her website http://eldoradojanedoe.wix.com/home#!clues so I'm dubious. I recall the mention in the thread indicated she'd spent time in CA based on the pollen tests. I don't have time to search for the specific post # right now sorry.

Hmm... I'll look around and see if I can find something. Don't worry about it, I know how time consuming going through threads can be. Thanks!

Hair strand testing was mentioned in an article on a blog website in which I contacted them directly to validate the info they were posting was valid. Never received a response, I do not believe it was done and a mix play of words that exaggerated the story based upon her possible locations prior to ED.

The only person whom would be able to validate if hair strand tests were performed is the detective handling EDJD case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is what I've seen thus far on the hair analysis, acutually only found one article. Has the detective on the case confirmed a test was completed ?

http://itchyfish.com/who-is-el-dorado-jane-doe-aka-kelly-lee-carr/
Testing on her hair showed Kelly had traveled around the country frequently in the last 3 years of her life and that she had spent time in California, but mostly stayed to the Eastern half of the United States and Texas in the last year of her life.

Here is my older post on the testing

So don't laugh... I have photoshop on my computer at home, but it hasn't been working. I tried adding some color to her face and brown hair, considering that is (presumed) her natural. I'm thinking if we're looking for a missing person, they're going to be reported w/ brown hair.
attachment.php

Attachments

• My Look.jpg
    My Look.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 430
I think it drives me crazy that there are people reported missing AFTER EDJD... that look just like her!! I'm like I know it can't be them... but they look so close! Next time I go to Arkansas I'm going to see if I can put posters up. I tried joining a 'History of Dallas' group to post her photo on, but they haven't accepted me yet.

I am close to Arkansas, so let me know and I can help put out fliers.

I took flyers to the Dallas life shelter and all the salvation Armys etc last year they would not let me hang them but let me leave them, printed 500.

I took flyers to the Dallas life shelter and all the salvation Armys etc last year they would not let me hang them but let me leave them, printed 500.

That is sad they wouldn't let you hang them :( Not sure what rules there are about hanging posters, can anyone stick fliers on telephone poles? Or do you have to get some kind of permission? I know a lot of Starbucks have bulletin boards you can use, as long as the posters aren't asking for money or advertising someones business.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow, I see back in the thread someone mentioned http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1013dfnj.html
But they disregarded her due to the height... Well sloane has stated she doesn't think EDJD was 5'11 but maybe a bit shorter (having met her in person)
It said she was traveling to Florida and left her two kids with her sister. What do you all think?

Attachments

• CMartin.jpg
    CMartin.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 81UFAR4.jpg
    81UFAR4.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 394
Working through the timeline have updated a few items and also have removed some notes to not break TOS.

(May 1987 – May 1990) – JM incarcerated for 3 years time; Release date was at the very end of May JM met EDJD sometime there after.

Virginia – Norfolk/Virginia Beach – (Late 1980’s)
•Menu – The Raven; 1200 Atlantic Avenue Virginia Beach -(1968 - Present)
•Menu – Worrell Bros; 1910 Atlantic Avenue Virginia Beach - (1975 - Present)
Changed ownership in 1989
•Menu – The Trolley; Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach Trolley service to and from the beach runs (May 26-Sept. 25)
•Menu – Metropol Market; 442 Granby Norfolk – (Jan 1987 – Sept 1990)
•Menu – Phillips Waterside; 333 Waterside Norfolk – (Jun 1, 1983 – Apr 2014)

(1989) – Outlaw Biker Magazine – JM said EDJD showed him a pic of her in Outlaw with a biker gang

Arkansas – Little Rock – (1990)
•EDJD told friend her name was Kelly Carr runaway from Florida
•Possibly acquired the ID of Cheryl Wick while working as an exotic dancer. Prime Time now called Paper Moon.

(Aug 17, 1990) – Staying with Gail, wanted to get to Texas to work mentions being in love. Tyrone gave Gail $ 100 and could not get the VW Volkswagen to work she was ready to get to Texas and get to work. IMO they were in Arkansas (Gail - Virginia, Arkansas, California ?) 2 photos of EDJD by a car neither were a VW

Texas – Dallas, Irving, Garland – (1990-1991)
•(Mid – Late 1990) - Stayed with the S family for a brief time, are the S’s connected to Tyrone, Gail or JM? * Jun – Dec 1990
•Told the S’s she was a runaway from Louisiana that recently moved from Minnesota she gave her name as Cheryl Wick
•Worked at KFC used the name CW (Was EDJD living with the S's while working here? If you are a stripper and prostitute why would you acquire a job at KFC? Was she trying to get out of the lifestyle?)
•S's have connections in the east coast states, could they have been a safe harbor home ?
•Menu - Hooters
•(June or later 1990) - Met JM in Dallas, JM incarcerated released in very end of May 1990
•(Dec 31, 1990 / Dec 19, 1990) – Arrested for prostitution, Cheryl Ann Wick –
La Casita Motel – 4300 Harry Hines Blvd. Dallas, TX. 75219 (Close to Irving)
Served 13 days in jail; was given 20 days good time
•(Jan 26, 1991) – Arrested in Dallas gave associated name Catherine Marie w/ DOB 1/31/1970
•(Feb 8, 1991) - Arrested for public lewdness, Cheryl Ann Wick
Carousel Motel - 3211 Forest Ln. Garland, TX 75042
•(Mar 1991) – Life Homeless Shelter

Louisiana – Shreveport – (Mar 1991)
•(Mar 1991) - Visited Human Services - mental health, addictive disorder, and developmental disability services. (What was the reason for the stop and stay?)

Arkansas – El Dorado – (Mar 1991 – Jul 1991)
•(Mar 1991) – Salvation Army, told volunteer a child had been taken away from her by social services at the time she used another name and could not get the child back
•Received medical attention at the hospital for abuse
•(May 1991) - Arrested bad checks under Cheryl Ann Wick
•(Jun 1991) - Moved in with friend AC
•(Jun 1991) - Purchased Trailways Bus ticket
•Told AC her mom was raising her (2) kids; (1) girl the other unknown
•Told people she had been to Virginia Beach
•Frequented the video store across the street from the motel
•DM stated they had been in FL, she also commented that she didn’t think EDJD had much of an accent.
•Detective located a letter to the FBI stating her name given was Kelly Lee Carr (24) and was wanted in Virginia and along the east coast for bank robberies.
•(Jul 10, 1991) - Last day on earth

Florida
•JM said he met EDJD mother and sister they lived in Florida
•EDJD told friend in Little Rock she was a run away from Florida
•JM told DM that they had been in Florida
•Detectives believe EDJD’s pimp was Tyrone in Florida

Oklahoma
•Once told JM she was from Oklahoma

Alias’s Names:
Cheryl Ann Wick
Cheryl Kaufman
Shannon Wiley
Sharon Wiley
Sheryl Ann Wick
Kelly Karr
Kelly Lee Carr
Helen Stenner, Stinner,
Catherine Marie

Bringing forward

Cathleen Marie Martin has already been mentioned, she could be a possibility and has not been ruled out as of yet.

If you keep up with the thread one time EDJD gave the name Cathrine Marie which is rather close to Cathleen Marie.

From TexasLil - Post
1991 Feb 4
-gave associated name Cathrine Marie

Both DNA's are complete in NAMUS ...:thinking:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martin_cathleen.html

Both DNA's are in NAMUS, I want to say she was submitted however is not on the exclusion list as that it most likely an auto rule out due to both DNA's in the system .

I always thought she was her

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow, I see back in the thread someone mentioned http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1013dfnj.html
But they disregarded her due to the height... Well sloane has stated she doesn't think EDJD was 5'11 but maybe a bit shorter (having met her in person)
It said she was traveling to Florida and left her two kids with her sister. What do you all think?

Definite similarities physically and the circumstances are plausible (the Virginia Beach links would work with her being from the East Coast) - as foloieadeuxnola says it is probably already a rule out on DNA but you could email Namus to check?

There's a vague similarity - here's a side by side
View attachment 117833

Would she have been French speaking/had a distinctive accent being from Ottawa? I don't know enough to say.
Ottawa is predominantly English speaking. Most US speakers don't seem to notice a Canadian accent.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Definite similarities physically and the circumstances are plausible (the Virginia Beach links would work with her being from the East Coast) - as foloieadeuxnola says it is probably already a rule out on DNA but you could email Namus to check?

Daisychains submitted her, Mike Nance responded unfortunate it's a no match

9b2463fe3437b5255cc431b143514340.png

So I guess we can conclude EDJD hasn't been reported missing. Or maybe she was, but the case got little attention and got forgotten about? I have several friends of my family who have gone missing and never found, but their cases aren't in namus. They were back in the 70's/ 80's.

So I guess we can conclude EDJD hasn't been reported missing. Or maybe she was, but the case got little attention and got forgotten about? I have several friends of my family who have gone missing and never found, but their cases aren't in namus. They were back in the 70's/ 80's.

There have been several media blitz over the years, however no new leads were produced unfortunately.

If you have friends that have went missing but not found, definitely reach and build a file for them to push out to the MP sites. I have two MP's that I came across this past year that are not in NAMUS found in newspaper articles researching other MP cases.

You can add them right here to WS very easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members