Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wanting to know the weather in Orlando ...

From July 1st to July 30th 2008
Month to date precipitation was 7.35 inches

From Aug 1 thru 30th 2008
Month to date precipitation 10.67 inches

You can find this info here:
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I know there was a reporter on NG last night (the woman) who was shaking her head no when someone said that area was under water when TM tried to search there. I tend to believe the above website over a reporter. :)

That is a lot of water! Actually several posted in that thread that the reporter was responding to someone off camera and her actions had nothing to do with the conversation.

Nothing about this case makes any sense to me. There is an inference (from the computer forensics) that KC made searches in March for chloroform, neck-breaking, shovel etc. with the intention of killing her child. If that is correct, why wait almost 3 months to do it? She had plenty of opportunity to do it sooner, as it appears probable that she was spending a lot of time in her home (rather than at 'work') when her parents were not there. She could also have taken Caylee at any time to a secluded location in her car and committed the deed there.

She also had those same 3 months to 'pre-meditate' her plan, but from what I can see, there doesn't appear to be any consistent plan at all. She avoids her parents for a month and tells her friends that Caylee is with the nanny, safe, happy and having fun. When her mother confronts her, this story suddenly changes to a scenario that is totally contradictory and which can be disproved very rapidly. I don't call that much of a plan!

She apparently kept the body in her car for at least a few days and then abandoned the vehicle full of evidence in plain sight, notably on her mother's daily route to work. Also, as it appears now, she disposed of the body right in her own back-yard (figuratively speaking). If she had pre-planned a murder and the kidnapping scenario, these actions certainly don't fit with it.

I think whatever happened was not pre-meditated but was a sudden, spur of the moment event and everything she has said since has been made up as she goes along.

I think she was planning it but hadn't got up the nerve yet until then. I also think that Caylee beginning to talk was a major motive. Pretty soon, KC's lies were going to be exposed. No nanny, no job. Caylee would have ruined her stories, inadvertently exposing her lies. George even said Caylee already showed zero recognition at the name "Zanny."

I think the adrenaline of the fight with her mother on the 15th pushed her over the edge and that's why she went ahead and did it when she did it. She just went ahead and did it. It also ties in with her "Maybe I'm a spitefull $#@#!" comment. I think she was definitely planning to kill her all along, and the only spontaneous part was when (as a result of the fight on the 15th).

Casey didn't go further into the woods for the same reason she didn't use the shovel, she is lazy.

Plus there are brambles, spiders and snakes in the woods.

And when Casey ran out of gas she didn't have much time to throw Caylee into the woods before Tony got there with gas cans. She MIGHT have had to open her trunk to put the empty gas cans in it.

A bad smell is easier to explain than an actual body...should that trunk lid have had to have been opened.

I think she did use a shovel. Remember she borrowed the neighbor's shovel for about an hour? Just long enough to take the body around the corner, 25 feet back from the road, and just use the shovel to maybe pile some loose dirt and leaves on it. She's too lazy to dig a hole.

If I remember correctly, LE took the shovel early on. I bet the can match the soil.

true;)

But will the jury buy that out of three people there who all worked different schedules, (uh, except for casey, who only pretended to work) that the "nanny" would have the, uh "cojones" to waltz up in the Anthony house at any old time of day, undetected, move the body (in probably plain site, unless she had the garage key) and tape up little Caylee in their own house, then move her?

Not likely:) Especially SINCE they had the garage, and the "nanny' wouldn't have known who was home, and when...

the jury will never buy it, imo ;) Thankfully

In my response I was trying to point out LE found something in that bag that immediately sent them back to the A's house.........while forensics will tell us LATER about any fibers/hair on the duct tape.

Just adding my 2 cents quickly, just remember that the bag may have moved from it's original location because of the gas from decomposition, then settled into the spot where it was found. That makes sense to me for the reason that forensics is still covering the area.

Does anyone know the name of the pond they keep showing on tv when they show her sub division and then they show the street the body was on- it runs behind all those houses? thanks

I believe it is a retention pond, don't thing they have names,there are homes behind the A's now.There is a retention pond behind the A's and there is one on Surburban dr.

If someone else did move it...perhaps they were too repulsed to look inside and had previously been told by KC that only the body was in the bag...no other items??? Just throwing this out there. I also that it odd that the grandparents were out of town when this happened.

I really don't think that KC moved her.I think it was a simple as it could be with anything she did. I understand that there is something in the search warrant that the judge and everyone is speculating about. But maybe the Procesution is taking a defensive poster. The Defense could bring on the fact that this area was search in the early part of the investigation and you didn't find her then and someone must have moved her while KC was in jail. Just a thought.

I agree. That area was NOT flooded till Hurricane Fay came thru in August! So NO TES could NOT search then that IS correct, BUT I think LE said they DID search around there BEFORE the flood. Sooo either they MISSED her, OR someone put her body there later ie some accomplice (not accusing GA or CA), just saying she may have had an accomplice! (even the girl on the news shook her head when they said it was flooded, yes it was but NOT before Fay hurricane!)

Didn't she send a text message to Amy (?) on June 24th that she'd finally gotten rid of the smell in her car? It had been raining 6 solid days prior to that date, there would definitely be water in that area.

She must have thought that if she got rid of the thing that was smelling; the smell would be gone soon enough.

I certainly mean no disrespect by saying 'thing' either. Bless poor little Caylee. She just never had a chance.

Now that they have found poor Caylee it seems like there is only one less question. I thought finding her would answer many, many questions.

There were a couple of times, IIRC, that the area was searched. I recall one time there was a copter up and searchers back there. Then another time cadaver dogs were behind the school. It seems to me that at least one time was due to a foul odor being reported and it was written off as being dead dog(s). I think between the flooding and finding the dead dogs, Caylee was missed.

I don't find the area odd at all. Casey was just plain lazy, impulsive and lived in the moment. The girl never planned an exit stradegy in her schemes. She wasn't very good at what she did and always got caught. Unfortunately, she was never held accountable. She needed to get rid of a body that was getting messy and she did it the easiest way she could. I find the call to AL on the 20th very interesting. But I also can't forget KC saying on (the 25th?) that she got rid of the smell.

I don't feel the chloroform was used to babysit Caylee. There are too many other substances that you don't have to make, work better, last longer and are safer than chloroform. The affects of chloroform is only about 20 minutes and the chances of killing someone with it the first time is high. Misadventure on the first try or used premeditated to kill Caylee possibly.

I totally agree with the part I bolded.

There are many more effective drugs to use for "babysitting" available over-the-counter.

This is what I think (hold on to your butts lol): this is a simple crime committed by a sociopathic woman with several personality disorders. She got increasingly fed up with being a mom and started envisioning her daughter dead and thinking of ways to do it. She looked up neckbreaking and household weapons and how to make chloroform on the computer. She lookup at missing child websites to get some more ideas. Her personality being what it is, she never figured LE or anyone would be smart enough to figure out what she did (IMHO THAT IS HER BIGGEST DOWNFALL).

She has done nothing smart or cunning. She has been in jail/under arrest since her first batch of lies. The only elaborate thing in any of this is her ability to lie but even that falls apart easily when examined.

All the indiosycracies of the parents and literal circus they made of this built upon the labyrinth of lies that Casey wove. It will not take away from her sloppy trail of evidence that she left in her wake.

I feel more confident than ever that she will go down for this and hard.

Hi,

This is my first post although I have been lurking forever! (Too chicken to post.) I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but in the quoted post above Noniegrace makes reference to the "magical nothing is ever found place". That made me wonder, since this was a teenage hang-out place, could it have been there that Caylee was conceived?

That would certainly give even more significance to this location.

Welcome to WS!

I would agree with you except there are dated posts right on this forum discussing searching this area and not being able to because of the flooding. I thought this was very odd at first but I think it is reasonable.

exactly...

I agree totally about everything. And none of the BS that the A's or JB will spin will make a bit of difference. Anyone with half a brain can see that Casey did this and did it on purpose (I am shocked that LP is still claiming it was an accident and that she drugged caylee and she died by accident). This was no accident.

This is what I think (hold on to your butts lol): this is a simple crime committed by a sociopathic woman with several personality disorders. She got increasingly fed up with being a mom and started envisioning her daughter dead and thinking of ways to do it. She looked up neckbreaking and household weapons and how to make chloroform on the computer. She lookup at missing child websites to get some more ideas. Her personality being what it is, she never figured LE or anyone would be smart enough to figure out what she did (IMHO THAT IS HER BIGGEST DOWNFALL).

She has done nothing smart or cunning. She has been in jail/under arrest since her first batch of lies. The only elaborate thing in any of this is her ability to lie but even that falls apart easily when examined.

All the indiosycracies of the parents and literal circus they made of this built upon the labyrinth of lies that Casey wove. It will not take away from her sloppy trail of evidence that she left in her wake.

I feel more confident than ever that she will go down for this and hard.

Just adding my 2 cents quickly, just remember that the bag may have moved from it's original location because of the gas from decomposition, then settled into the spot where it was found. That makes sense to me for the reason that forensics is still covering the area.

Good point, Lili. I wonder what direction the stormwater flows in that area?

what I do find interesting is that of all the areas searched and all the manpower used to find this baby, KC picked one spot that no one could search. Obviously it wasn't flooded when Caylee was buried.
Luck?
was that area prone to flooding?
why did so many of us think she was confident the body wouldn't be found when it was right in "her own backyard" and it wouldn't stay flooded forver? Surely that wasn't a good spot.

You know, hearing myself post, I am going to reverse mysaelf and agree it was a very careless and strange spot. I think it would actually lend itself to her kidnapping defense (assuming that will happen)

imo...we were complicating things, and she knew it. Alot of us thought she may have given a little more thought to disposal. But we assumed she cared. I don't think she did. She just tossed her around the corner, 20 feet in, like empty McDonalds containers.

She had to get back to TonE...

I think this is exactly where KC dumped her child's body - without any help. Her family was distraught, think back on the 911 calls, CA wanted her own daughter arrested, GA went to LE and told them about the "smell of decomposition", and even LA offered up his sister in terms of saying there was no prior mention of 'Zanny' and he provided KC's Target receipts and so on. The Father, Mother and Brother reacted exactly how they should have at the beginning, they fed her to LE. They did not assist KC.

KC would not take the fall for any one of them. This is purely her doing, she was not thinking. Something happened and she was "stuck" with a corpse that began to reek, she had to be rid of it. FBI criminal profilers suggest the body is usually dumped in spaces/areas known to the perp/killer. KC had too little time to dispose of this body without raising suspicion given she was to-ing and fro-ing her parents home and TL's apartment.

She never went back to move it because as cruel as she is to have "killed" her child, she did not want to pick that bag up again. Recall how she claimed that she did not want to return to the Anthony house because she could not bear to be there without Caylee? Red flag. She could not bear to be in the Anthony home/house because the body was not too far off, and it is also possible that that house is where Caylee died.

:blowkiss:Great Post:blowkiss:

This may be way out in left field, but does anyone remotely think that all of the internet searches were to bring doom to CA (the GM) for threatening to take the baby? harming a child is much easier than a grown adult. "household items used as weapons" ? Then maybe practicing on the baby and it all wend awry? This whole thing gets more bizarre by the minute, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme