Arias files motion to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good Day Sleuthers,
Wow, what a read?!? Seems to me CKJA is jealous of more than Deanna. I suspect she is also green with envy that Nurmi has not gone out and prostituted himself amongst the media and talk shows like a certain infamous attorney from our not too distant past. If only she had parents like a certain felon in FL who would lie, cheat and perjury themselves to get their family member off, regardless of guilt or innocence. If only Nurmi would have hugged, coddled and expounded CKJA's finer points instead of behaving professionally in and out of court..... Yes, I do believe CKJA is jealous of more than Deanna. Reading her letter to HHJSS, I really had only one thought, "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt". Lincoln, Twain and many others.
She is really becoming pitiful and that has to anger her almost as much as being found guilty. I don't see a change of attorney happening, unless HHJSS is afraid of appellate issues, but what a gift it would be for Nurmi. I suspect as many others have, this is all an attempt to stall the re-trial. It will be interesting to see how HHJSS handles this drivel.

That's the thing with Jodi. That's what makes her so unique. She tries, but in the end makes half hearted attempts to disguise the crazy. She paces around her cell letting all this boil inside of her and then just explodes. At least Casey had the forethoght and smarts to keep her trap shut and let people think what they will instead of opening it and confirming those thoughts. She is making it too easy. Like I said, this will not help her because all it does is document a pattern. She has been shown to be a manipulative liar with a perpetual victim complex in the trial and the letter very clearly shows all of that. Even if what she is saying is true it can't be believed because she is a well documented liar and psychopath who was also convicted of murder. Of course she is going to say all this. "Don't you know, everybody in here is innocent." "Lawyer *advertiser censored**** me. "

IIRCC, what I remember is that JA was upset because they were going to play the entire tape and not just the spliced and diced parts that the def team wanted. The pros said, IIRCC, if you're going to play it, play the entire thing. Motion granted.

Of course, I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first nor the last time. :facepalm:

JMHO
fran

I believe there were transcripts released from that day that discussed that very thing and that is why Jodi was upset. Jodi probably doesn't even realize that we already know that, being in jail and all.

I'm still bothered by how the press got a copy of this recent motion that was "filed".

The media copy that is circulating does not have the Clerk of Court stamp on it, which means that this is not an official court copy:

580daa7c-1753-4ce0-a4b4-06d360117e84_zpsb84244cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This new motion has not hit the docket yet; prior manual filings look like it took 4 business days from the first court date stamp until the document was recorded by the clerk.

gcharlie,

It appears to me that Michael Kiefer is now in deep cahoots with Jodi now. This is not the first time he's gotten his hands on an "exclusive" document that no one else in the media has seen or has had any access to and that is pretty helpful to Jodi and hurtful to the state. He has never "leaked" anything that is beneficial to Juan. He also just published this article.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20131028jodi-arias-juan-martinez-conduct-day3.html

This all seems very orchestrated. I think he's helping her and hoping that a future appeals attorney takes his idea here and goes with the rogue prosecutor appeal. I have heard of all the instances that he brings up and they were all nothing noteworthy. Just typical defense attorney shenanigans. He makes it all sound very shady when pretty much every attorney at any time has complaints out against them in the hope of getting a defendant off or having a conviction overturned on appeals. It is an extremely biased and infuriating article. I hope there is some rebuttal to this written by someone. Someone needs to do an expose on Kiefer. This is all very, very fishy.

Unfortunately for her, Travis Alexander will NEVER be forgotten. His friends, family and Juan Martinez will definitely make sure of that.

:)

JA did confess to killing Travis. She has not denied it. What the jury did not believe was her claim of self-defense. They believed she planned the murder and carried it out with extreme cruelty. What is left is her sentencing. The defense did fine. JA just told one to many lies and inconsistencies for the jury to even consider she might be telling the truth. Plus the facts did not totally match her story of how it happened which would tend to make the average person realize she is lying. jmo

Yep, even the foreman, who bought into the abuse and much of her story could not swallow that pill. That should be very telling.

DeMarte did present the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder and if I had to guess what other diagnosis wasn't presented because it could be deemed too prejudicial is this: Dissociative Disorder (aka Multiple Personality Disorder).
It's a good thing that it wasn't presented too if my theory is correct. Dissociative Disorder is one of the few diagnosis that can get the death penalty off the table due to insanity.

moo

I am sure if that's true then it is antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) that she was not allowed to present.

*The comment about how devastating it was to her that the whole tape be played in open court for the world to hear was...interesting. We know the real reason she was crying, perhaps Jodi isn't aware of that. We already know what really happened was that the defense wanted to play a redacted version of the tape for the jury (it was later played) that ommitted much of Jodi's part and highlighted Travis'. The judge said nuh-uh. The real reason she was so distraught and crying had nothing to do with playing this tape for the world and destroying Travis' good name because of the pedophilia (like how she had to get the word in there again, and she had no problem discussing the pedophilia in her testimony and saying he wanted to bang a 12 year old. Funny that), but with the fact that in playing the full tape it would reveal just what a willing, eager and imaginative participant she was in the tape and the sexual fantasies they shared. It also put all of Travis' comments in context so they didn't sound near as slimy. That is why she was crying..

EXACTLY! Poof went the lie built up over many days, that she was a religion-seeking wide-eyed innocent being taken advantage of by a pervert.

I think she knew that destroying that lie greatly reduced the odds she would walk . I honestly think what upset her more than that, though, was being denied the opportunity to obliterate Travis' reputation. Beyond murder, that clearly has been the revenge she's sought all along.

PS on Nurmi's 9 out of 10 days comment. Not only did she smile when he said it, if I remember correctly, she said in one of her interviews that having Nurmi saying it was HER idea.

PS on Nurmi's 9 out of 10 days comment. Not only did she smile when he said it, if I remember correctly, she said in one of her interviews that having Nurmi saying it was HER idea.

That is interesting and should be looked into. I wonder if it was the interview after the verdict, with the reporter named Troy.

Excerpt from this facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/554235214652625

Troy: “A quote from your trial that’s played over and over is Kirk Nurmi saying even he doesn’t like you, what do you think when he said that?”

Nurmi: “It’s not even about whether or not you like Jodi Arias. 9 days out of 10 I don’t like Jodi Arias.”

Troy: “You even smiled in it in court.”

Jodi: “Um I thought of Elizabeth Johnson’s trial and the attorney told them it was important, he told them it’s not about whether you like her, just the facts of the case… I believe it's standard somewhat. The jurors don’t have to like the defendant.”

Troy: “Why don’t you get along?”

Jodi: “We did for a long time, we just have had clashes in ideas and ultimately he’s the boss.”

Troy: “Are you happy with your defense?”

Jodi: “I am grateful for my defense.”

Troy: “That’s not happy though.”

Jodi: “Um not 100 percent but they’ve worked very hard.”

gcharlie,

It appears to me that Michael Kiefer is now in deep cahoots with Jodi now. This is not the first time he's gotten his hands on an "exclusive" document that no one else in the media has seen or has had any access to and that is pretty helpful to Jodi and hurtful to the state. He has never "leaked" anything that is beneficial to Juan. He also just published this article.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20131028jodi-arias-juan-martinez-conduct-day3.html

This all seems very orchestrated. I think he's helping her and hoping that a future appeals attorney takes his idea here and goes with the rogue prosecutor appeal. I have heard of all the instances that he brings up and they were all nothing noteworthy. Just typical defense attorney shenanigans. He makes it all sound very shady when pretty much every attorney at any time has complaints out against them in the hope of getting a defendant off or having a conviction overturned on appeals. It is an extremely biased and infuriating article. I hope there is some rebuttal to this written by someone. Someone needs to do an expose on Kiefer. This is all very, very fishy.

So Kiefer thinks he's going to save Arias all by himself, huh? He publishes her letter to fire Nurmi, now a great big diatribe on how unfair JM is and was, looks like MK has a plan and he's putting it into motion, it'll be interesting to see what comes next. Circus Part Deux is underway.

What happened to the interview on the 27th with the newsball guy? Did he stand her up?

Hi Rose!!

Just found the excerpt and was going to post it. I think I'm mistaken that she said the comment was her idea (unless she said that in one of the later interviews). But, it seems pretty clear to me from this excerpt that Nurmi discussed it with her beforehand.

Her admission " I believe it is standard" speaks for itself. Guess she's forgotten how easy it is to search online to verify/refute . Heh. I love it best when her own words do the condemning.

Excerpt from this facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/554235214652625

Troy: “A quote from your trial that’s played over and over is Kirk Nurmi saying even he doesn’t like you, what do you think when he said that?”

Nurmi: “It’s not even about whether or not you like Jodi Arias. 9 days out of 10 I don’t like Jodi Arias.”

Troy: “You even smiled in it in court.”

Jodi: “Um I thought of Elizabeth Johnson’s trial and the attorney told them it was important, he told them it’s not about whether you like her, just the facts of the case… I believe it's standard somewhat. The jurors don’t have to like the defendant.”

Troy: “Why don’t you get along?”

Jodi: “We did for a long time, we just have had clashes in ideas and ultimately he’s the boss.”

Troy: “Are you happy with your defense?”

Jodi: “I am grateful for my defense.”

Troy: “That’s not happy though.”

Jodi: “Um not 100 percent but they’ve worked very hard.”

So was Jodi lying in the interview, or is she lying now in her motion?

So Kiefer thinks he's going to save Arias all by himself, huh? He publishes her letter to fire Nurmi, now a great big diatribe on how unfair JM is and was, looks like MK has a plan and he's putting it into motion, it'll be interesting to see what comes next. Circus Part Deux is underway.

What happened to the interview on the 27th with the newsball guy? Did he stand her up?

Kiefer must have his editor's backing. Local politics, perhaps? Kiefer seems to have self-destructive spite in common with the murderer. As in, he seems so consumed in spite towards JM that he doesn't see how much he's destroyed his own credibility as an unbiased journalist by openly advocating for this convicted murderer.

In any case, Kiefer's anti-JM jihad and one scam artist blogger do not media interest make. Heh.

So was Jodi lying in the interview, or is she lying now in her motion?

I vote lying in her motion. Or, as she accuses Nurmi, of having "selective" memory. Citing the Johnson case was pretty specific detail, especially since she had been convocted of first degree capital murder moments before.

So either she was talking with EJ or someone else allowed her access to the trial info? Nurmi was the one who was so concerned with what was being "said" in the media; so maybe she gleaned that from Nurmi himself...made me wonder. Is she held in the same area that Elizabeth Johnson is?

Her handwriting shows an extreme need to control; as well as perfection. IMO

I wonder if the judge will allow her a closed door oral argument in her motion to change counsel?

Hi Rose!!

Just found the excerpt and was going to post it. I think I'm mistaken that she said the comment was her idea (unless she said that in one of the later interviews). But, it seems pretty clear to me from this excerpt that Nurmi discussed it with her beforehand.

Her admission " I believe it is standard" speaks for itself. Guess she's forgotten how easy it is to search online to verify/refute . Heh. I love it best when her own words do the condemning.

:seeya:

She's doing anything and everything to get out of prison. Guess she can't keep her stories straight. What else is new?!

In her post-verdict interview when the reporter asked her why her lawyers did not go with the insanity claim she said she does not know. Perhaps that will be her next complaint. And I hope Willmott isn't too smug because her turn will come. JA will throw her under the bus real soon.

Looks like convicted scammer Cole Bartiromo may not have connected with CMJA on 10/27. No tweets from him to crow about call, nothing on his website newsball.com with an interview.

Hope the MCSO effectively blocked this.

CMJA complaining about Nurmi's office hanging up on her.

I just reread that part. It was something CMJA and Nurmi discussed. If he was not in the office when she called, she was supposed to contact another member of the defense team and not leave a message for him.

She sure has a way of twisting things.

Maybe he wanted her concerns addressed right away by another team member who might be able to help. Or maybe he did not want the receptionist privy to any information coming straight from CMJA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back