Arias files motion to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep. The bad prosecutor build up by Kiefer is over...the hit piece on Juan has arrived right on schedule:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20131028jodi-arias-juan-martinez-conduct-day3.html

I wonder if MK reads this blog. If so, I want him to know that I and thousands like me, agree with the rock star comment. Yep, JM is indeed a rock star! :loveyou:

And I am happy more young prosecutors want to be like Juan Martinez. Mr. Keifer, in your attempt to criticize him, you only made me realize I like Juan Martinez even more!

And in listening to JW and KN go on for days and days about salacious sex, yep, I would want to kill myself too, if married to either of them! :please:

And as for KN saying he disliked CMJA nine days out of ten, well heck, that means he liked her for a whole 24 hours in those ten days. She was lucky. None of us could stand her for one second out of ten.:seeya:

So Kiefer thinks he's going to save Arias all by himself, huh? He publishes her letter to fire Nurmi, now a great big diatribe on how unfair JM is and was, looks like MK has a plan and he's putting it into motion, it'll be interesting to see what comes next. Circus Part Deux is underway.

What happened to the interview on the 27th with the newsball guy? Did he stand her up?

So what was he promised? Book, exclusive, anal sex??? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

CMJA complaining about Nurmi's office hanging up on her.

I just reread that part. It was something CMJA and Nurmi discussed. If he was not in the office when she called, she was supposed to contact another member of the defense team and not leave a message for him.

She sure has a way of twisting things.

Maybe he wanted her concerns addressed right away by another team member who might be able to help. Or maybe he did not want the receptionist privy to any information coming straight from CMJA.

Or maybe she called him relentlessly, like she did Travis, and was angry and rude when Nurmi didn't drop everything to listen to her superior legal strategy. Maybe the secretary begged Nurmi to let her not answer the twit's calls. That scenario I can well believe, given her MO.

Or maybe she called him relentlessly, like she did Travis, and was angry and rude when Nurmi didn't drop everything to listen to her superior legal strategy. Maybe the secretary begged Nurmi to let her not answer the twit's calls. That scenario I can well believe, given her MO.

Scary, isn't it?

I wonder if MK reads this blog. If so, I want him to know that I and thousands like me, agree with the rock star comment. Yep, JM is indeed a rock star! :loveyou:

And I am happy more young prosecutors want to be like Juan Martinez. Mr. Keifer, in your attempt to criticize him, you only made me realize I like Juan Martinez even more!

And in listening to JW and KN go on for days and days about salacious sex, yep, I would want to kill myself too, if married to either of them! :please:

And as for KN saying he disliked CMJA nine days out of ten, well heck, that means he liked her for a whole 24 hours in those ten days. She was lucky. None of us could stand her for one second out of ten.:seeya:

Yes! We love Juan Martinez!

As for this Keifer person, well, we all know his agenda. Jodi Arias, her aunt, Keifer, Alyce La-whatever, Donovan...what a fine team they make! Birds of a feather and all.

gcharlie,

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20131028jodi-arias-juan-martinez-conduct-day3.html

This all seems very orchestrated. (respectfully snipped) ... It is an extremely biased and infuriating article. I hope there is some rebuttal to this written by someone. Someone needs to do an expose on Kiefer. This is all very, very fishy.

If you get a chance, read the entire series of articles. (From AZ Republic): "This series was researched and written as part of a fellowship with The Guggenheim Foundation and the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City." Kiefer looks at the big picture of prosecutor misconduct in AZ. IMO his reporting has nothing to do with getting Miss Convict "off." And although he zeroes in on JM, you have to admit JM is a likely 'target' given the subject of the series.

With every day that passes I feel more and more sorry for Travis and what he had to go through with that crazy murderer. I am positive now that she made him miserable long before the killing. I am sure her family is glad she is locked up and cannot torment them anymore, though they can never openly say so.

MK is insane also. Anyone who reads his garbage can only assume he wants her walking around in society. He really has no clue what kind of person he is dealing with.

If you get a chance, read the entire series of articles. (From AZ Republic): "This series was researched and written as part of a fellowship with The Guggenheim Foundation and the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City." Kiefer looks at the big picture of prosecutor misconduct in AZ. IMO his reporting has nothing to do with getting Miss Convict "off." And although he zeroes in on JM, you have to admit JM is a likely 'target' given the subject of the series.

I disagree about MK. Yes, there is prosecutorial misconduct in this country. There is misconduct from all attorneys in this country. But MK has an agenda with CMJA. I absolutely believes he wants her to walk free. And IMO, she would be a serial killer.

CMJA complaining about Nurmi's office hanging up on her.

I just reread that part. It was something CMJA and Nurmi discussed. If he was not in the office when she called, she was supposed to contact another member of the defense team and not leave a message for him.

She sure has a way of twisting things.

Maybe he wanted her concerns addressed right away by another team member who might be able to help. Or maybe he did not want the receptionist privy to any information coming straight from CMJA.

Any information she discusses with her attorney is confidential. When she involves a third party....not so much. Only Nurmi has the power to determine who she should be discussing her case with....or not. Sounds as if she is just venting. Plus JA still has another attorney so why did JA file this motion on her own? Maybe JW would not agree to help her on this one. This motion has too many holes in it. The Swiss Cheese Motion. jmo

I disagree about MK. Yes, there is prosecutorial misconduct in this country. There is misconduct from all attorneys in this country. But MK has an agenda with CMJA. I absolutely believes he wants her to walk free. And IMO, she would be a serial killer.

Trying to be objective here about Kiefer. He clearly has an agenda. I'm not convinced that agenda is just about Travis' murderer. I would have to know a great deal more than I do about local politics in AZ, about possible bias he might have about the DP, the defense bar, and about State prosecutors in general and in AZ.

What this trial has demonstrated to me is the blindness advocates can demonstrate. We all see what we are predisposed to see. The difference is that few of us are in the position to help determine another person's life or death. LaViolette, I'm sure, genuinely cares about DV. Unfortunately, her take on it opened her up to the lies and manipulations of a murderer, and unable to defend herself with facts, she went personal and closed herself off to reason and logic.

I see the same with Kiefer. I'd guess that he believes he's on the side of virtue and good, that his crusade against JM is about seeking more perfect justice and holding power accountable. At least that's what he tells himself.

The older I get the more I allow for the reality we are all flawed and merely mortal. I don't like Kiefer's slant, and I think he is acting blind in his pursuit of JM. I don't think his obsession has much to do with this murderer, tho. He'd be using whoever and whatever was on hand as a weapon against JM. Sigh.

Any information she discusses with her attorney is confidential. When she involves a third party....not so much. Only Nurmi has the power to determine who she should be discussing her case with....or not. Sounds as if she is just venting. Plus JA still has another attorney so why did JA file this motion on her own? Maybe JW would not agree to help her on this one. This motion has too many holes in it. The Swiss Cheese Motion. jmo

Check out what AZ Lawyer says about this motion. Sounds very possible that Wilmott indeed refused to submit it.

What I see is a journalist slanting the truth. Accusing prosecutors of misconduct is defense strategy 101. That JM has had this accusation levelled at him repeatedly just means he graduated from law school and is an active trial Atty.

If Kiefer cared about presenting a balanced view he would have given equal time to the ethically challenged defense attys in AZ. But, nooe, just prosecutors. Nary a word about that other side. Hmm.

It now is reflected on the docket, entered today 10/28 as of 10/25.

As LambChop noted, this motion sure had a strange way of getting into the hands of a reporter before it was filed.
BBM - I'm not surprised that the defense team has a reporter in their back pocket (we saw it with that other famous case in Florida). This one happens to be Michael Kiefer. :twocents:

I think Sheriff Joe need to shut down all this "stuff" coming into and going out of his jail.

I know any PR is said to be good PR but this is becoming ridiculous.

JA is a convicted murder for goodness' sakes.

She's quite verbose on twitter just now, 4 in the past 22 hours.

Prisoners learn to use the law library, but in JA's case, I think she had help with the letter. This whole situation has me wondering if she isn't taking advice from those on "the outside" far more than she is from her attorneys--which was part of your initial point, no?

When I was the Booking/Classification Officer at the jail/detention center, we also housed state inmates who had already been sentenced. I was also the Notary Public who had to notarize all legal papers, appeals, and so forth to the court for the inmates because some no longer had lawyers to write them for them. There is what is called a 'jailhouse lawyer' who is a trustee who is in charge of the law library and helps inmates look up law and helps write their appeals or legal papers.

We would refuse to notarize papers that were not written in legal format, or not readable. You wouldn't believe some of the papers brought to me to notarize! There would be food stains and God knows what all on the papers. Some papers were totally illegible. It wasn't my job to read the papers; just to notarize them.

This motion that Jodi wrote actually looks pretty good although it is not really in proper legal format. It is not a true motion in that she goes way off into personal feelings and writes as no lawyer would write. The best thing I can say about her motion is that it is neat, but filled with BS! Judge Stephens could refuse to acknowledge this motion because Jodi does have attorneys of record and it was not written by either of them.

Jodi would have the judge to believe she has been so wronged by Nurmi. That is BS! Just who does she think she is??? She's no victim of anything. Travis and his family are the victim(s) here. She is nothing but a convicted murderer and has way too many rights as it is.

I will be so thankful when Jodi is either on death row (preferably) or in prison for the rest of her life. This ^&$@* has taken up far too much court time and caused too much expense for the Arizona taxpayers.

I just feel so much disgust and contempt for this convicted murderer!

:moo:

BBM :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You realize the series all has to do with Juan Martinez? He hates him. I get it. Oh yes, he has a bone to pick with Juan. But that has also caused a bias in his reporting and a partiality to Jodi. He also appears to use shady methods to get his scoop. Like I said, he's never leaked anything beneficial to him and always hurtful to him. He has hurt his credibility. And I am not just talking about this one article shadow. There is history of misconduct by MK. He also trashed Travis and his family to one of our court reporters saying basically too bad they had to find out what a pig their brother is. I don't think you know the full story here. I am certain he only came up with this series as a way to attack Juan, who has proven himself to actually be an ethical prosecutor. He just doesn't like his style and he likes Jodi. Please learn more about Michael Kiefer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back