Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His cowardly death only shines a brighter light on the strength of Michelle, Gina and Amanda. Every single thing this monster has done over the past 11 years has only gone to prove his weakness and their incredible strength. What a complete waste of life he was. Couldn't even hack a couple of months.

I there is a funeral it should be a celebration that he is gone. Yes he took the easy way out but if I were one of those girls I would sleep better at night knowing he wasn't in the world :(

I never thought I would say this about another human being; but this man didn't deserve to breathe our air. Committing suicide says it all! Good riddance to him. And peace and happiness to his hostages.

This bugs me. He should have had to experience the same captivity his victims did. It's like a final eff-you to them and I'm sure that's how he meant it.

If he took any secrets to his grave he didn't take them far. You can't hide anything from God.

When you put it that way, it makes me wonder why he negotiated a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table, all that money wasted on lawyers when he could have plead guilty to everything and possibly ended up the same way.

He has been labeled a narassist (amongst other things). If that's true, then its always been about him, his wants, his needs and now it seems - his way out

I wonder what they do with him if no one claims the body.

Is it too much to ask that the family doesn't claim his body, he's cremated, and his ashes thrown in the bin. I don't think he deserves much else.

MOO

Mel

Okay.. I won't be the popular poster today, But here goes.

While this man was a monster in life, I still have to wonder what made him that way. I have compassion for who he was before he turned to this chaotic tornado of destruction.
I always wonder what makes someone go to these kinds of dark places.

I wonder, Ifhe killed himself out of deliberateness to hurt or because he could not take the shame of what he has done..

I know, I know.. So WHAT!!??? right??

I just have always been confused by how a person becomes someone that could take another life, Hurt people with deliberation and turn into a monster.

I always hope that some how some way by them staying alive we find an answer to that.
I never feel that WOOHOO feeling when someone dies. Even the criminals.. Well maybe a little when Bin Laden and Sadam went down because they were mass murderers, but I often wonder, how do people get this way.

I am curious about what the victims say, Whether it will bring them relief or more pain? I do think that it may be better for the baby born out of this horror. Who knows what he would have done to keep connected to her.

Again, It is not that I am sad for him as a man, Just the human that was before. If that makes sense.

Ohio man who held 3 women captive found hanged

ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS, AP
46 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The man serving a life prison term for kidnapping three women and repeatedly raping them in his home for nearly a decade has been found dead and is believed to have committed suicide, a prison official said.

Ariel Castro, 53, was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, located south of Columbus in central Ohio, JoEllen Smith, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman, said early Wednesday.

Prison medical staff performed CPR before Castro was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 10:50 p.m.

Castro was in protective custody because of the notoriety of his case, meaning he was checked every 30 minutes, but was not on suicide watch, Smith said. She said suicide watch entails constant observation...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles...--Missing.Women.Found-Suicide/?cid=hero_media

Maybe he was so filled with remorse that he could no longer live with himself? Yeah, probably not. It was probably the knowledge that he'd never be a free man again that did him in. I wonder who will pay for his funeral.

I can't help but think its the exposure that did him in. People like this like their uglyness to remain in the darkness, and his is out for all the world to see. He tried so hard in the courtroom to make it sound less ugly, but that was impossible.
Can you imagine standing before God after this?
He'll get his just rewards.

:twocents:
He just could not stand being LOCKED up ? :jail:
Hmmm?

He knew how it felt and I guess he decided death was better?
Also living with his guilt must have been too much for him to live with?

WOW ha?
:facepalm: shock is the word for me ,just shocked he could not take what he dished out.....
minus the shackles and all..he was treated much better than he treated the victims.:frown:

This was too much to wake up to. I must say I wanted him to SUFFER out his days as I'm sure his victims/survivors did as well! What a sad day; an easy out for a heneious criminal.:stormingmad:

Even if he wasnt on suicide watch, if someone's just recently been sentenced to the rest of their lives in prison, you don't give the, anything they can kill themselves with. JMO

Even if he wasnt on suicide watch, if someone's just recently been sentenced to the rest of their lives in prison, you don't give the, anything they can kill themselves with. JMO

If someone wants to die, They will. They don't need anything. In Psych we learned about cases where People chewed through their own arms to die. If people want to die, They will find a way. You can only do so much to protect someone from themselves.

I agree with just about every post made. Other thoughts.. My 1st thought is that I hope the girls & his family were notified before it hit the news.

On some levels it's good; on others it's not. Unreal that he could not handle being in captivity -4 months. He decided his own fate; unlike the 3 women & Amanda's daughter.

He will be rotting in hell.
I hope the women will be able to come to terms with everything & flourish. I hope his family can also move on with their lives. I hope he did not take any secrets to the grave as I've felt there was one more girl unaccounted for.

How did he get any chance to have the resources available to kill himself? Dead is making him to be a victim. I want him to say guilty as charged.
Bedsheet, it was suicide. He wasn't on suicide watch, they only checked on him every 30 min.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem
Back