Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do these prisoners even have sheets? That is a no brainer!

Considering some of the things Castro said in court, as if to defend his actions, his mind was made up that he would get what he wanted. He succeeded! He is no longer in prison, a freedom of sorts for a warped mind!

ETA: changed "said in prison" to "said in court"

Or beds or tv or light...

Shame he doesn't have to suffer every day like he made them suffer.

In court he tried to make it sound like it was not that bad. He said something about it could have been worse, he didn't kill them. That raised a concern in my mind that perhaps there are others that he did kill. We will never know.

I think he surely killed some victims. We will never know now for sure. But again, that would never have told the truth anyway. So good riddance.

As the gates of Hell receive their newest evil monster, the Heavens rejoice!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Amanda, Michelle, Gina, and Amanda's little daughter; I am sure this is likely to be welcome news, tinged with some feelings of uncertainty. They will never again have to worry that this monster might be hiding around some corner--he is gone forever. No more ridiculous requests for visitation, no possibility of him sending a letter through the mail, no possibility of an unwanted phone call. These lovely women are forever free of this monster--free to live their lives, to grow and experience all of the things they were so long denied. May God bless and enrich them immensely.

My thoughts and prayers are also with his adult children, his mother and his siblings. Whether they had denounced their relationship with him or not, he was still a member of their family and any loss, especially by suicide, is a difficult one to endure. I hope they know that the actions of this family member are no reflection on them--he, alone, committed those horrific atrocities and he, alone, carried the guilt for those acts; may their heavy hearts be relieved of the burdens which were thrust upon them. May God grant them peace.

Amen.

Why do these prisoners even have sheets? That is a no brainer!

Considering some of the things Castro said in court, as if to defend his actions, his mind was made up that he would get what he wanted. He succeeded! He is no longer in prison, a freedom of sorts for a warped mind!

ETA: changed "said in prison" to "said in court"

Karma will catch up with him in his next life.

I think this is the best possible thing that could have happened to help the girls move on. He is gone and he's not coming back--he can never bother them again. If he was going for a final act of control over them, I think it backfired. Life is for the living, and now they are truly free of him.

I'm not one to celebrate anyone's death, but I can't say I'm all broke up about it, either. The only thing I wish had happened is something my mom said when I told her--too bad he didn't do it BEFORE he kidnapped the girls and stole 10 years of their lives.

Okay just so we are clear. I am not at all mourning the murdering kidnapper.

It is the human before they go bad that I have compassion for. The person before he turned into this.
I can not help but wonder how someone gets this way.
Today my thoughts are really more about the girls.
+1 I would guess most of the time these folks went through a nightmare of a childhood, nobody can be born evil can they?
There was a physiatrist this morning on cnn said that because he spent 23 hours a day in a cell and had to live with what he had done is why he did this, I could not agree less. He had no problem living for ten years with what he was doing IMO he couldn't live with the next 30 years not the past 10 years and that's why he did it.
Don't get it either, usually these types look back with fondness for the things they have done.

In court he tried to make it sound like it was not that bad. He said something about it could have been worse, he didn't kill them. That raised a concern in my mind that perhaps there are others that he did kill. We will never know.

Oh man, Castro was so creepy in his court statement, trying to give the impression of a "happy little family" or something. He even said the sex was consensual. I wonder if it was consensual when he beat the baby out of that poor girl. He was pure evil.

I do think some people are born evil, or born with that tendency. I think it's brain chemistry gone wrong that makes people into psychopaths (or the more PC term, sociopaths). Otherwise, why would some of the abused become abusers while others shun any kind of violence? While it might not be totally their fault (add nurture with the nature), their actions are their own doing. If they've been able to get away with their behavior in the past, it only increases their need and desire to do it again because they didn't get caught and they saw the rewards from their behavior.

I only wish his death had been at the hands of Michelle Knight, the woman I think he abused the most. I think she was not what he thought she was and since he already had her, he took his brutality out on her.

But I look it at this way: Ariel Castro was imprisoned what? Four, five months? and this is his end. The women he kidnapped were imprisoned for ten years and still shine on. Who are the winners here? Who ended up being the survivors? Rock on, ladies, you made it through and you are now truly free of this vile excuse for a human being! May you have peace for the remainder of your and your families' lives.

I do think some people are born evil, or born with that tendency. I think it's brain chemistry gone wrong that makes people into psychopaths (or the more PC term, sociopaths). Otherwise, why would some of the abused become abusers while others shun any kind of violence? While it might not be totally their fault (add nurture with the nature), their actions are their own doing. If they've been able to get away with their behavior in the past, it only increases their need and desire to do it again because they didn't get caught and they saw the rewards from their behavior.

I only wish his death had been at the hands of Michelle Knight, the woman I think he abused the most. I think she was not what he thought she was and since he already had her, he took his brutality out on her.

But I look it at this way: Ariel Castro was imprisoned what? Four, five months? and this is his end. The women he kidnapped were imprisoned for ten years and still shine on. Who are the winners here? Who ended up being the survivors? Rock on, ladies, you made it through and you are now truly free of this vile excuse for a human being! May you have peace for the remainder of your and your families' lives.

I saw a documentary on psychopaths. Their area for empathy doesn't work (Using MRI Technology) and they also have APOE4 gene (Warrior Gene). If they are raised in a loving home they can live somewhat normal lives. If they live in an abusive environment they become Charles Mansons. JMO

The monster is dead. No need to mention his name again. His family and victims will have to sort this out the best way they can. But, in the end, he is NOTHING. He shouldn't have gotten more than one line of press. "Twisted dude kills self, the end."

"The world, in general, feels they are rid of a monster-- but to the family, the family has lost a son, a father, a grandfather, an uncle, a brother-in-law. And even though he did all these bad things-- and the family does not condone that-- you cannot change human behavior. They will and they must grieve the loss of their loved one."

- Juan Alicea (Castro's BIL)

Watch the CNN interview with Juan Alicea

Ariel Castro's body is claimed as interrogation details emerge

By Michael Muskal
11:08 a.m. CDT, September 6, 2013

The family of Ariel Castro, who killed himself while serving jail time for kidnapping and torturing three women for a decade in Cleveland, has claimed his body while questions have arisen whether the horrific episode that shocked the nation might have been ended sooner.

The body of Castro, 53, was turned over on Friday morning to a funeral home selected by the family, Franklin County coroner Dr. Jan Gorniak told the Los Angeles Times. Gorniak had conducted the autopsy on Castro and ruled he had committed suicide by hanging.

Castro's body was found in his cell hanging by a bedsheet while he was in protective custody. Two state reviews are underway into the circumstances surrounding the death.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-na-nn-ariel-castro-body-claimed-20130906,0,3641320.story

Footage from POLICE interrogation

Castro discusses how an ex-girlfriend almost discovered his secret when she heard a TV on upstairs.

He also admits to calling Louwana Miller (Berry's mother) and telling her that Amanda was safe and was now his wife.

Even though Castro's adult children wanted nothing to do with him, I'm still glad to discover that he wrote letters to two of them while incarcerated.

(edit:

Ariel Castro's body is claimed as interrogation details emerge

By Michael Muskal
11:08 a.m. CDT, September 6, 2013

The family of Ariel Castro, who killed himself while serving jail time for kidnapping and torturing three women for a decade in Cleveland, has claimed his body while questions have arisen whether the horrific episode that shocked the nation might have been ended sooner.

The body of Castro, 53, was turned over on Friday morning to a funeral home selected by the family, Franklin County coroner Dr. Jan Gorniak told the Los Angeles Times. Gorniak had conducted the autopsy on Castro and ruled he had committed suicide by hanging.

Castro's body was found in his cell hanging by a bedsheet while he was in protective custody. Two state reviews are underway into the circumstances surrounding the death.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-na-nn-ariel-castro-body-claimed-20130906,0,3641320.story

------------The family is staying low havent said anything much about the funeral except is would be private. I am sure it is over by now. I dont know if a religious cemetery would bury him. There are City cemeteries here. Somebody had to bury him, cant just leave him hanging around.:floorlaugh: unless cremated..:devil: :seeya:

I hope Michelle, Amanda, and Gina find some relief. A giant boulder of fear released. I know they will always feel greater fear than most, but may this provide some tiny relief. They can finally feel their anger, hatred, fear, and all other emotions they need to, and maybe let some of it finally out and never to bother them again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torontoperson
Back