Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He would leave a dog in a car too...it's just that he is....uncaring, irresponsible, indifferent, eggocentrical....a psychopathic jerk.

A ”nice” toxic blend of opiates and uppers can also explain his behavior. Well. That and a number of personality disorders and/or neuropsychiatric impairments perhaps?

It’s so scary that ”perfect” people - who are very attentive to their apperance and other status markers - can be so incredibly sloppy, thoughtless and irresponsible when engaging with their most precious gifts in life. Lovable beings who DEPEND upon them.

He is being treated with kid gloves and I don’t like it. It will not help. Anyone. And it may well kill more children or animals in the near future.

Trusting CS w Children? Dogs? Hermit Crabs? House Plants?
No, no, no, and no.

How about a Pet Rock?
I'm not sure.
There were house plants in the dining area and in the “tv room” all at various stages of dying. The LEO had to remind him to let the dogs in. Hermit Crabs? No. Sea Monkeys? No. Pet Rock? No. I loved my Pet Rock, his name was Charlie. Honestly there isn’t a darn thing I would trust Christopher Scholtes to care for.

I would like to see this trial get started sooner rather than later. Chris Scholtes was a danger to his children and to mine. Driving 138 mph/kph? With his baby in the car & alcohol in his system. I don’t buy his brand that it was ok because she was asleep.

Some new information ( to me at least) in article below:

“Christopher Scholtes admitted he had a lot of bad habits — that he was an addict who drove at high speeds with his three daughters in the car after he’d been drinking and that he let them nap inside the vehicle on blistering hot days while he played video games and watched *advertiser censored*, court records show.
In text messages he exchanged with his wife, Erika Scholtes, he admitted to all these practices in the months leading up to their 2-year-old daughter’s death.”

“Scholtes had been trying to schedule a doctor’s appointment and decided to drive down to their office with Parker since he was having trouble reaching the doctor by phone, investigation documents say. On his way back home from the office, he stopped at a gas station and a grocery store.”

“Surveillance footage from both businesses show he went in alone, meaning Parker was possibly left in the hot car both times, and that he shoplifted beer in both stores.”

“Finally, he pulled into their home’s driveway at 12:53 p.m., just in time to meet his two older girls arriving home from the trampoline park, even though he initially told investigators he reached home by 2:30 p.m. Upon their arrival, with Parker sleeping in the backseat, he decided to let her nap in the car, he told investigators, and he and the two girls went inside.”

“After this, the older girls had lunch and played quietly in the house, they told investigators, while their parents texted about a Christmas vacation.

Scholtes surfed the internet for men’s clothing at Nordstrom and for *advertiser censored* from 2:02 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., the investigation document says.“

“Christopher Scholtes admitted he had a lot of bad habits — that he was an addict who drove at high speeds with his three daughters in the car after he’d been drinking and that he let them nap inside the vehicle on blistering hot days while he played video games and watched *advertiser censored*, court records show.
In text messages he exchanged with his wife, Erika Scholtes, he admitted to all these practices in the months leading up to their 2-year-old daughter’s death.”

“Scholtes had been trying to schedule a doctor’s appointment and decided to drive down to their office with Parker since he was having trouble reaching the doctor by phone, investigation documents say. On his way back home from the office, he stopped at a gas station and a grocery store.”

“Surveillance footage from both businesses show he went in alone, meaning Parker was possibly left in the hot car both times, and that he shoplifted beer in both stores.”

“Finally, he pulled into their home’s driveway at 12:53 p.m., just in time to meet his two older girls arriving home from the trampoline park, even though he initially told investigators he reached home by 2:30 p.m. Upon their arrival, with Parker sleeping in the backseat, he decided to let her nap in the car, he told investigators, and he and the two girls went inside.”

“After this, the older girls had lunch and played quietly in the house, they told investigators, while their parents texted about a Christmas vacation.

Scholtes surfed the internet for men’s clothing at Nordstrom and for *advertiser censored* from 2:02 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., the investigation document says.“

Sigh.

I struggle to find a redeeming feature in this person, anything that might explain the partner's desire to advocate for him again and again.

I can't. My amateur theory at this point, somewhat nuanced by having been the doc half of a marriage, is that for CS read "our family." I suspect that whatever she's trying to hold onto has long since disappeared, but perhaps a conviction with actual prison time will bring that home and allow them to move on from CS -- hopefully for good. And Good.

"Let" Them or "Made" Them Nap in Car on "Blistering Hot Days?"

snipped for focus @IDK. Thx for your post & link* w some detail that's also new to me.

So CS said I "let" them not "made" them. I doubt that they were always NAPPING during those car-as-a-cage sessions.

Who says to themselves - Can't reach doctor by phone to schedule an appmt. so I'll drive there (and bring toddler-dau w me)? Okay, it's possible. Who was the intended appt for --- CS or one of the dau's? Or maybe a pretext for a diff. kind of errand?

I wonder if records of phone calls or texts, or email or patient-portal-communications support his claim of trying to reach the doctor.

I don't recall TWO shoplifting stops. Or multiple neighbors' specific stmts about various events indicating negligence of CS.

"Let" Them or "Made" Them Nap in Car on "Blistering Hot Days?"

snipped for focus @IDK. Thx for your post & link* w some detail that's also new to me.

So CS said I "let" them not "made" them. I doubt that they were always NAPPING during those car-as-a-cage sessions.

Who says to themselves - Can't reach doctor by phone to schedule an appmt. so I'll drive there (and bring toddler-dau w me)? Okay, it's possible. Who was the intended appt for --- CS or one of the dau's? Or maybe a pretext for a diff. kind of errand?

I wonder if records of phone calls or texts, or email or patient-portal-communications support his claim of trying to reach the doctor.

I don't recall TWO shoplifting stops. Or multiple neighbors' specific stmts about various events indicating negligence of CS.

It's not what he really wanted to do.

The anecdote about the stranger seeing kids alone in the car for 15 minutes before calling police is CHILLING. I cannot stand to think about what could have happened to those girls if they hadn’t been noticed (or worse, if they HAD been noticed by someone less well-intentioned). Fifteen minutes?!

I cannot get my head around this couple going on to have another child. Someone needs to let them know vasectomies aren’t that expensive. Certainly cheaper than a good lawyer.

I won't comment on the last line of that article: "On July 9 in texts to his wife as she rode in an ambulance with Parker, Scholtes wrote: “Detectives are coming for me. I’m going to prison. How could I do this?”"

Wow, thank you for posting that article! Yeah some new information, pointing out even more horrible behavior the children were exposed to!

Texting about Christmas vacation plans while Parker was dying in the car. And Erika still went to bat for Chris in court! WTH?

It’s very disturbing to read what Chris did to his oldest from another relationship. Not only did he frequently lock her in the car, the Investigators’ records stated “she would frequently be slapped, thrown, have her hair pulled, have her head pushed into walls, and be picked up by her shirt or her arm.” Ugh.

How did Erika deal with his behavior? It seems like she did very little apart from getting angry at him while he continued to abuse his children. For years. She certainly can’t claim she was unaware of the toxic environment in the family home.

I bet LE has a mountain of evidence showing that both parents were negligent. 200 pages worth as a matter of fact. Even neighbors came forward to investigators with nightmare stories about Chris’ abuse.

So… will the parents now claim that Christopher’s multiple addictions should be dealt with in a therapeutic setting rather than prison? It wouldn’t be a surprise IMO.
MOO

“He still drinks too much beer, and he keeps leaving us in the car when my mom told him to stop doing this,” one of the girls told the interviewer. “That’s how he made my baby sister die.”

Had they known she was in the car, both said they would have gotten her out.
The survivor's guilt for those poor babies :(
They need to be in therapy and far away from CS.

The survivor's guilt for those poor babies :(
They need to be in therapy and far away from CS.
It's a sad, but sadly not uncommon situation, where the kids are more mature, responsible, and empathetic than their supposed parents.

I truly think that her sisters are going to be the only ones from that home to properly mourn Parker.

Her father never gave a toss about any of his four girls, and her mother is still fawning and paying court to his useless azz.

MOO

In my opinion, the only way to ensure the safety of his two middle daughters is for him to be living away from them. He's already alleged to have abused his oldest daughter and killed his youngest, and to have neglected and endangered the two he's living with.
He allegedly has multiple addictions, which are specifically known to be extremely difficult to overcome (that level of alcoholism...)

He could go live with his enabling mama elsewhere until his trial, maybe.
All JMO.

In my opinion, the only way to ensure the safety of his two middle daughters is for him to be living away from them. He's already alleged to have abused his oldest daughter and killed his youngest, and to have neglected and endangered the two he's living with.
He allegedly has multiple addictions, which are specifically known to be extremely difficult to overcome (that level of alcoholism...)

He could go live with his enabling mama elsewhere until his trial, maybe.
All JMO.
But ES seems to be co-dependently addicted to HIM. The WORST thing to her was no access to CS per her statement at the bond hearing. To me, that would be a dead toddler...

It's a sad, but sadly not uncommon situation, where the kids are more mature, responsible, and empathetic than their supposed parents.

I truly think that her sisters are going to be the only ones from that home to properly mourn Parker.

Her father never gave a toss about any of his four girls, and her mother is still fawning and paying court to his useless azz.

MOO
That kind of parentified behavior can boomerang in early adulthood, whole thing is very sad, as is situation of oldest. The mother is really messed up in the head. MOOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicmissa
Back