Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely NOT condoning what this guy did, but if he did it frequently as alleged by his wife, AND knew the car shut off after 30 minutes, how hard would it have been for him to set a dang alarm on his phone or say a simple, "Hey Siri/Alexa, set a timer for 30 minutes." He couldn't even be bothered to take 5 seconds to do that. JMO.

Is this something that is OK with other posters here? I never use a remote to start or turn off the engine in my vehicle. I only start it when I am inside the vehicle, after putting my seatbelt on. Same with turning the car off. Only when I am inside the vehicle. I just couldn't exit a running car and leave the engine on while I went into the house.

I only ask because I freak out bringing my pets back from the vets and having them in the car while I open the garage and get into the house, and I worry about having to unload perishable groceries from the car in hot weather.

I am definitely NOT condoning what this guy did, but if he did it frequently as alleged by his wife, AND knew the car shut off after 30 minutes, how hard would it have been for him to set a dang alarm on his phone or say a simple, "Hey Siri/Alexa, set a timer for 30 minutes." He couldn't even be bothered to take 5 seconds to do that. JMO.
Yes, you are describing a habitual ritual of how he does things.

Little habitual rituals like how you make coffee in the morning, or how you unload the groceries, or how you walk the dog.

Little rituals that you do because they are regular and repetitive in your life.

Yes, you are describing a habitual ritual of how he does things.

Little habitual rituals like how you make coffee in the morning, or how you unload the groceries, or how you walk the dog.

Little rituals that you do because they are regular and repetitive in your life.

Not even that it's a mindless habit. Instead, he made a conscious decision to leave the child asleep in the car without so much as a backup thought to the heat, the 30min time limit, or his apparent propensity to get lost in his video games. He literally did the absolute bare minimum and not an ounce of effort more. I'm disgusted. JMO.

Is this something that is OK with other posters here? I never use a remote to start or turn off the engine in my vehicle. I only start it when I am inside the vehicle, after putting my seatbelt on. Same with turning the car off. Only when I am inside the vehicle. I just couldn't exit a running car and leave the engine on while I went into the house.

I only ask because I freak out bringing my pets back from the vets and having them in the car while I open the garage and get into the house, and I worry about having to unload perishable groceries from the car in hot weather.

never heard of it and definitely not ok with me
I sure hope no other irresponsible parents do it

@LifeIsAMystery Thanks for your post. :)
The autopsy info released seems straightforward.

From azcentral.com Aug. 1*
"The medical examiner indicated that the cause of death was environmental heat exposure and the manner of death an accident, according to the autopsy report."

I still am curious as to why local AZ tv mentioned toxicology results too, now link doesn't work and no other media seems to have addressed tox results. DM only covered autopsy. I'm assuming this was just a tox report re: little Parker and not re: glass on coffee table, etc? Was the AZ tv story pulled or is it just a glitch? I have a lot of questions.

Since he had a VR headset on the coffee table, he may not have been able to see/hear reminders.

IMO, it’s that he just DIDN'T WANT TO.

I had also thought I read that he had a VR headset, but others posted that the LE inventory mentioned a conventional headset, not a VR headset.
I have read reports re: headset described both ways. If it ever goes to trial perhaps there will be greater clarity. VR headsets are very popular now.

Curious if anyone in online gaming communities "knew" him or if anyone has seen such comments? I remember gamers commenting re: the family with adopted kids who drove car off cliff, one parent was very active, had some leading role in one such forum and interacted with many there daily. JMOOO.

I have read all the posts. Thank you very much for following on this tragic case.

At this point in time, I don’t think it is the case of “forgotten baby syndrome” where the involved parent is usually let go by the court. It is a different situation, and the father is way more culpable than a regular overworked parent with attention issues. The information provided by the older half-sister of Parker is damning for both parents. JMO. RIP, Parker.

I just spent time reading all of the posts and this is the most outrageous car death I’ve ever heard of. Other car deaths I’ve been able to sympathize with when a change of routine, distraction, and overwhelm could have played a role. This one, though, is not akin to the others. It was purposeful and was a part of a long standing pattern which had endangered his other children in the past.

In this vein, I also have no sympathy for the mother. I believe she has culpability here. Not only did she admit she knew he continually left the children in the car and did so even after being told not to (and I’m assuming being reminded of the dangers) but she also knew he had a child removed from THEIR care due to neglect or abuse.

Then, she goes one step further, to ask for the husband to come home again. Again, this isn’t the same as forgiving a spouse for a horrific accident. He purposely put his child in this scenario to play a video game - and had done so to all of his children in the past. She either enjoys Russian roulette or wanted him home to make sure she can ensure he doesn’t talk and implicate her too.

something is very very wrong with both of them.

I wonder if the family had any pets.
Herat the picture of Parker holding a colorful drawing has a large dog bed and a kitty condo in the background.

I hope this worked. Did I miss this? Charges upgraded to 1st Degree Murder. I hope this means his bail will be revoked. After all we’ve learned I feel it is appropriate.

I’m very proud of 16 yr old for speaking out. I had read somethings on SM but they were not backed up so I sat on my fingers. She is very brave to tell her story. No matter what she thinks about Chris he is still her father. It must be hard on her to have to face up to what a loser he is at such a young age. I hope she goes on and has an amazing future.

Herat the picture of Parker holding a colorful drawing has a large dog bed and a kitty condo in the background.

I hope this worked. Did I miss this? Charges upgraded to 1st Degree Murder. I hope this means his bail will be revoked. After all we’ve learned I feel it is appropriate.

I’m very proud of 16 yr old for speaking out. I had read somethings on SM but they were not backed up so I sat on my fingers. She is very brave to tell her story. No matter what she thinks about Chris he is still her father. It must be hard on her to have to face up to what a loser he is at such a young age. I hope she goes on and has an amazing future.
Looks like it’s true!

A Pima County grand jury has reviewed the case against the girl's father Christopher Scholtes as investigators start learning more about an alleged pattern of reckless behavior with his children.

Christopher Scholtes’ charges have been increased to first-degree murder after a grand jury reviewed the case. Christopher Scholtes remains out of custody after having to not post any bond.

The indictment was signed yesterday just after 1 p.m.

Detectives interviewed Scholtes’ other two children. One of the kids told the forensic interviewer that she was to tell the person interviewing her that dad was a good dad and it was just an accident.

One of the children stated the car was off when they were taken inside which doesn’t match Scholtes’ claims that he left the AC running.

Much more at the link. One child estimated the number of times they were left in the car to be about 59 which substantiates the older girl’s story.

And more texts were recovered:

“You haven’t shown you can stop putting the girls in danger or treating me badly. Even yesterday you drove home drunk with two minors. You drink to excess every time. I have been asking for three years for you to cut back but it's actually gotten worse.”

March 21st: “Why were you going 138 with our baby in the car with alcohol in your system?

Chris answered : “You hate me. She was sleeping it’s fine.”

OMG! I wonder which parent instructed the kids to say their dad is a good dad?

This is so much worse than a “Big mistake!”

On what planet does anyone think it’s a good move to beg for this father’s release? I bet the children were relieved to finally be able to tell an adult what was happening in their family.

Those poor kids!
MOO

He claimed the car would alert when the AC or car turned off after 30 minutes, it either malfunctioned or he missed it. If this had been the system he had used for years and it had always worked I can see why he didn’t set a backup. Setting a backup would mean he was disturbed a second time from his all important gaming. After all, eventually the girls were old enough to turn the AC on themselves. There’s no doubt in my mind his car could’ve had flashing red lights, blaring alarms and fireworks shot off, Chris would’ve found away to disarm or override the system to make sure he got his play time in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy