Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Detectives obtained security video that showed Scholtes arriving home and parking in his driveway at 12:53 p.m. Scholtes went inside the family's home joined by the child's two siblings, aged 5 and 9.
to add to that from the same article - the toddler's two older sisters aged 5 and 9 revealed the following:

Police talked to the Scholtes' two older children and it was discovered that he "regularly" left the children alone in the vehicle, according to the documents.[referring to a regular/repeated practice]

The document reveals that the children said Scholtes "got distracted by playing his game and putting food away" while their sister was in the vehicle. [referring to that day]

Jesus, he was told, over and over, including THAT DAY to stop doing it.

IMO, this is flat out Murder. He comes off as an entitled man baby. he had one job. One job. Keep his kids alive, and he not only failed, he purposefully did something he knew was illegal, even after being chastised, more than chastised, told explicitly to STOP doing it, and playing video games was more important than his child's life, safety and comfort.
He should never be around any child ever again smh

She obviously trusted him so if he told her he wasn't doing it anymore then what else was she to do other than believe him?
There was the option to not trust him and hire a babysitter and/or send to daycare.

It's sort of like being married to an active drug user who promised not to use while caring for the kids fulltime after being caught using drugs while caring for the kids. You wouldn't believe they were capable of caring for the kids, period.

Help was as close as hiring someone who could manage responsibility. I was babysitting for families at 15 and managed the responsibilities way (way!) better than this lump.

jmo

There was the option to not trust him and hire a babysitter and/or send to daycare.

It's sort of like being married to an active drug user who promised not to use while caring for the kids fulltime after being caught using drugs while caring for the kids. You wouldn't believe they were capable of caring for the kids, period.

Help was as close as hiring someone who could manage responsibility. I was babysitting for families at 15 and managed the responsibilities way (way!) better than this lump.

jmo
You're right I was trying to play devil's advocate.

jmo
Well said, and aptly put.

I think it is not clear whether she warned him on that exact day, but she shouldn't have had to say it more than once.

I wonder if she subconciously sent the texts, including on the way to the hospital, as a way to create more evidence. She doesn't seem to want to leave him or leave him in jail; she doesn't want to hurt her other daughters.

Now her hard-earned money will go to attorneys.

But it seemingly wasn't true when she said in court that this behavior wasn't representative of him. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back