Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just wow. So Chris has been neglectful in this specific way for years and years. Sheesh, his daughter is correct, it is amazing a child hasn't died until now under his care.

Yes, she lived with them for 4 years until she tried to take her life. Child Protective Services removed her from the home.

Crazy, CS fought for custody then proceeded to behave in his usual manner and stuck her in the car for hours on end. It makes me ask if he fought for custody in order to dodge child support.
MOO
yes, this :( poor kid, very sorry for her loss. She's had a lot of turmoil in her short life, glad she has mom's friend there to care for her.

Yes, she lived with them for 4 years until she tried to take her life. Child Protective Services removed her from the home.

Crazy, CS fought for custody then proceeded to behave in his usual manner and stuck her in the car for hours on end. It makes me ask if he fought for custody in order to dodge child support.
MOO

Great guy. MOO is that many parents want custody, joint custody, to avoid paying child support.

summary of the interview w Parker's half sister:

She is 16 and unnamed in the article.

She never met her father until she was five. at that point a bitter custody battle was waged over her. Eventually CS won full custody and she lived with him and ES for four years. She has diabetes and describes that he was in the habit of her sitting in the car,, sometimes for hours at a time since age seven. Once she was in the car for 4 to 5 hours and kept having to restart it herself. She claims that day she had only eaten once, much earlier in the day, which is not good for someone suffering from diabetes.

She never wanted to live with him, eventually depression caused her to attempt to end her life. After that incident CPS finally removed her from CS and ES home. She was then returned to her mom's custody but mom then subsequently died after a battle with cancer. She now resides with an unnamed best friend's mother.

She says she is only shocked that a child hasn't died in a car sooner under his care.

her interview establishes that this has been a long standing practice for CS to leave small children unattended in a car.

Edited to correct an item (thanks for catching @al66pine)

Last edited:
This man didn't bond with his children nor did he enjoy being a dad, did he. Psychologically I wonder what's wrong and why his current wife accepts it. Did she ever have a healthy relationship to see what it's actually supposed to be like?

Legal Guardian of CS' Oldest Dau.
summary of the interview w Parker's half sister:

She is 16 and unnamed in the article.

She never met her father until she was five. at that point a bitter custody battle was waged over her. Eventually CS won full custody and she lived with him and ES for four years. She has diabetes and describes that he was in the habit of her sitting in the car,, sometimes for hours at a time since age seven. Once she was in the car for 4 to 5 hours and kept having to restart it herself. She claims that day she had only eaten once, much earlier in the day, which is not good for someone suffering from diabetes.

She never wanted to live with him, eventually depression caused her to attempt to end her life. After that incident CPS finally removed her from CS and ES home. She was then returned to her mom's custody but mom then subsequently died after a battle with cancer. She now resides with an unnamed good friend of her mother's.

She says she is only shocked that a child hasn't died in a car sooner under his care.

her interview establishes that this has been a long standing practice for CS to leave small children unattended in a car.

@tlcya TYVM :) for the summary from July 29-30 article.*
Thx to @Bounceycat & @MsMarple :) for initially posting link.

Article stated that woman that CS' oldest dau now lives w is
".... her legal guardian named [deleted by me al66pine], she is her best friend's mother...."

Not "a good friend of her mother's."
Perhaps other MSM worded it that way, & it's a small-ish point.

This man didn't bond with his children nor did he enjoy being a dad, did he. Psychologically I wonder what's wrong and why his current wife accepts it. Did she ever have a healthy relationship to see what it's actually supposed to be like?
It's one thing to be watching TV while babysitting the kids. You can still hear them and see them, go looking for them during commercials.

It's another entirely to be completely absorbed for what must be hours in VR headset. No way are you actually caretaking those little children. LE needs to carefully get statements from the surviving children about what exactly he was doing, how often he behaved like this, and what they did or didn't do around him during these times.

The house could go on fire and a fire alarm might not even be loud enough to distract him. He wouldn't be able to hear screams of a child falling into a pool, or even a car alarm.

Absolute intentional negligence. He needs to go to prison, if these facts are true.

He should NEVER be in charge of children again and I am shocked that CPS hasn't stepped in to remove him from the home.

Crime Online has picked up the half-sister’s story and reports some of her interview:

P.S., has it been verified that a VR headset was seized by LE? All I’ve read so far was that a PlayStation 5 and some gaming controllers were taken (and the remains of a drink) but I may have missed it.

Scholtes is due back in court on August 1 which is tomorrow, perhaps we’ll receive more information.

ETA: I found a list of items from an earlier report. It says a gaming headset which could simply be headphones for certain games but possibly a VR headset.

Among the items police seized:
A PS5 gaming system
A remote control
A gaming headset
A drink left on the coffee table
A laptop
An iPad tablet

Last edited:
So, I don't know what to think about LEO taking the drink off of the table. Was CS tested for being past the legal limit? He was at his own home.

How many people have a beer or glass of wine while taking care of their kids? If the child dies, do you get charged with...not sure, drinking while at home with kids?

Reactions: nao
So, I don't know what to think about LEO taking the drink off of the table. Was CS tested for being past the legal limit? He was at his own home.

How many people have a beer or glass of wine while taking care of their kids? If the child dies, do you get charged with...not sure, drinking while at home with kids?
I am assuming they were looking for any sort of explanation as to how a grown SAHD "forgets" his toddler in the driveway for that long.

and yes, impaired parents who are the cause of their child's death are subject to LEOs questioning whether that impairment played a role in the child's death. even if at home. If one is in charge of small children, driving or at home, one isn't supposed to be so impaired said children die on your watch.

if you're intoxicated in the middle of the day and leave your baby in the car for four hours when it's 109 degrees out....yes, this will be used as evidence against the baby's death being ruled an accident.

WHAT? Her account of his treatment of her is terrible. Juvenile Type 1 diabetes is nothing to mess with or treat casually by neglecting it.

If this is true- WOW.
Agree. But ES knew who he was and kept having kids and leaving them in his care "hardly seeing them" by her own account. She is a doctor and knew of his treatment of a T1 child in THEIR HOME. He likely got her mom to pay HIM support. That poor lady recently passed, no wonder the teen did not return to live with her surviving parent. Smh, it just gets worse and worse.

Please note that the news outlet did not name the girl:

The News 4 Tucson Investigators discovered that Scholtes has a 16-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.

"It makes plenty of sense, actually I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner," she said. "{Once} I had to go sit out in the car for four to five hours and continuously had to restart the car and had only eaten once that day."

She has Type 1 diabetes so that proved dangerous for her.

She said eventually, against her wishes, Scholtes was able to get custody of her and she spent four years living with him and his wife Erika.

She described that period as a nightmare.

Much more at the link, including a statement from Marana police indicating they have now spoken to the girl and were unaware of the DCS reports that resulted in her being removed from Chris’ custody.
It sounds like this girl has had a terrible childhood, ending a few months ago with her becoming a teen mom. I hope she can raise her own child better, and stay healthy.

This is a murder investigation. It is entirely appropriate to drug and alcohol test the arrestee.

Agree. But ES knew who he was and kept having kids and leaving them in his care "hardly seeing them" by her own account. She is a doctor and knew of his treatment of a T1 child in THEIR HOME. He likely got her mom to pay HIM support. That poor lady recently passed, no wonder the teen did not return to live with her surviving parent. Smh, it just gets worse and worse.
I have a feeling that I wouldn't want this woman checking out my groceries at the store, let alone giving me anesthesia!

I didn’t read anything about the 16 year old having a child. I went back to the link and checked.

I had read that elsewhere in this thread but chose not to comment because it was about a minor and I didn't recall a verifiable source for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back