Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting. The man steals beer. Either he steals it because he just likes to steal things. Or he is on a tight financial leash, and he is "not allowed" to have beer, so he steals it.

This family has so many levels of dysfunction. Yet, if Parker had never died, no one would have had a clue about the layers of dysfunction in this family. From the "outside" it is a successful, happy couple, with kids...

Interesting. The man steals beer. Either he steals it because he just likes to steal things. Or he is on a tight financial leash, and he is "not allowed" to have beer, so he steals it.

This family has so many levels of dysfunction. Yet, if Parker had never died, no one would have had a clue about the layers of dysfunction in this family. From the "outside" it is a successful, happy couple, with kids...
He's an addict, and he is behaving like one.

If he has money for groceries, he has money for beer. He steals the beer because he's hiding the extent of his drinking from his wife. I wonder if he has bottles hidden around their home, too.

MOO

I think Parker was already strapped in her car seat, and wasn't removed from it until after she was dead, whatever else he did in the mean time.

MOO
EXACTLY

She was strapped into the car seat before leaving from the house and spent the rest of that last day of her life in the car in the carseat - during his time at the grocery store and during the time he was at the gas station, including the amount of time he was drinking in the gas station bathroom. No mention of whether the A/C was left on during the times she was left alone in the car during that trip.

On that day, it was 98 at 10am, 103 at 11am, and 105 at 1pm, when he arrived home and left Parker in the vehicle. She was probably becoming hyperthermic when sitting in the car in the grocery store parking lot, before he returned to the care and presumably turned the A/C back on for himself.

The whereabouts of the other two girls is not mentioned in the AA, but there is documentation they were with someone else at the time he was returning to the home.

EXACTLY

She was strapped into the car seat before leaving from the house and spent the rest of that last day of her life in the car in the carseat - during his time at the grocery store and during the time he was at the gas station, including the amount of time he was drinking in the gas station bathroom. No mention of whether the A/C was left on during the times she was left alone in the car during that trip.

On that day, it was 98 at 10am, 103 at 11am, and 105 at 1pm, when he arrived home and left Parker in the vehicle. She was probably becoming hyperthermic when sitting in the car in the grocery store parking lot, before he returned to the care and presumably turned the A/C back on for himself.

The whereabouts of the other two girls is not mentioned in the AA, but there is documentation they were with someone else at the time he was returning to the home.
It really surprised me that she didn't have awful, painful nappy rash, but the medical examiner doesn't mention any skin damage to that area, just remarks on it being normal and with no lesions.

MOO

EXACTLY

Has her time of death been posted? Just had a sickening thought if she was already dead (not “sleeping”) when he got home after leaving her in the car while was at the grocery store and drinking (stolen) beer in the bathroom of a convenience store.

Also, there was mention above about “toxicology results” being negative for alcohol/drugs. Bit was this HIS tox screen or was it Parker’s tox screen from her autopsy?

Has her time of death been posted? Just had a sickening thought if she was already dead (not “sleeping”) when he got home after leaving her in the car while was at the grocery store and drinking (stolen) beer in the bathroom of a convenience store.

Also, there was mention above about “toxicology results” being negative for alcohol/drugs. Bit was this HIS tox screen or was it Parker’s tox screen from her autopsy?

Parker's toxicology report was negative for alcohol or drugs based on the report from samples taken during her autopsy.

CS's toxicology results have not yet been reported, I believe.

did he not have any money? why would he risk it? very strange
Agree. I suspect, given the flouting of earlier court orders, etc. that he may have some sort of antisocial personality issues. JMOOO. He could have bought beer at the grocery store in AZ, I believe. This is the same kind of risk taking of driving 138, putting kids' lives at risk in heat over and over, bar fights, etc. I remain curious about the sealed criminal case.

Yet he already lost custody of a child in ugly circumstances, had DUIs and drove 138 while drunk with a toddler, recently. I wonder if the older girls were a bit socially isolated, other parents may have picked up on the day drinking and reckless vibe. No one would have their kids over there now. The mom could have begun creating more stability and started healing but she wanted him back in home. I sincerely hope this tragedy is not escalated. JMOOO.

Agree. I suspect, given the flouting of earlier court orders, etc. that he may have some sort of antisocial personality issues. JMOOO. He could have bought beer at the grocery store in AZ, I believe. This is the same kind of risk taking of driving 138, putting kids' lives at risk in heat over and over, bar fights, etc. I remain curious about the sealed criminal case.

I think the entire thing was very much to defy his wife and not be able to be traced to drinking. She may have banned alcohol from the house, for all we know.

The stealing the beer and clandestinely drinking it is just like him having an affair.

However, an affair gets complicated when you have to tote around a 2 year old, and the theft and clandestine drinking may be such a substitute for the excitement and anticipation of your deception, where you can get away with leaving the kid in the car.

Last edited:
Some of you wondered how she knew this. They may have some kind of tracker on their car. My insurance offered me a discount if I did that, and I said no way.
they have a "smart" car, she has access to it on the app. She more than likeley got a notification

Which tells me, she should have gotten one for Parker too. Which tells me the older girls statement of the care being OFF is true . IMP the AC was never on. :( . Otherwise their mother would have ALSO gotten notified
My friends have a EV smart car and they have full access to the car from an app on their phone

If he turned the car off specifically so his wife would not be notified...oh Oh that's horrifying.

I think the entire thing was very much to defy his wife and not be able to be traced to drinking. She may have banned alcohol from the house, for all we know.

The stealing the beer and clandestinely drinking it is just like him having an affair.

However, an affair gets complicated when you have to tote around a 2 year old, and the theft and clandestine drinking may be such a substitute where you can get away with leaving the kid in the car.
Re: the beer I agree. Yet FC had issued repeated civil arrest orders due to his non-compliance re: payments of support, skipping hearings, etc. That is not that common that people take that risk repeatedly. He liked to demonstrate he doesn't think rules apply to him. In a variety of contexts, over many years. Some people are like that. JMOO.

they have a "smart" car, she has access to it on the app. She more than likeley got a notification

Which tells me, she should have gotten one for Parker too. Which tells me the older girls statement of the care being OFF is true . IMP the AC was never on. :( . Otherwise their mother would have ALSO gotten notified
My friends have a EV smart car and they have full access to the car from an app on their phone

If he turned the car off specifically so his wife would not be notified...oh Oh that's horrifying.
Those girls' lives need to be protected after the statements they bravely gave. If your theory is correct, words fail me.

Those girls' lives need to be protected after the statements they bravely gave. If your theory is correct, words fail me.
Agreed. Where I live, DV murders are so common, we don't even ask anymore if there was a previous history, we simply assume they have a past

He fits the bill for a family annihilator and I hope those kids remain safe. I kind of feel bad for his wife, I have been in a situation where I served the children best by staying so IDK where her head was at. But I would not ever, ever allow him back if I had this chance to be rid of him and save my other kids
He no longer has anything to hide, it's all coming out, but he may decide they have humiliated him and act on it

However, an affair gets complicated when you have to tote around a 2 year old, and the theft and clandestine drinking may be such a substitute for the excitement and anticipation of your deception, where you can get away with leaving the kid in the car.
I think this guy gets off a lot on deception.

MOO

It seems like reckless endangerment on the part of AZ to leave those other very young children in that home with him especially now that they are witnesses and he is under a lot of pressure. I hope to be wrong but I could see him doing something even more terrible now. JMOO.

He now depends on the lawyer paid by his wife,
so I expect him to “behave”. He is a stupid coward.
She said she had been talking @ him @ drinking for 3 years but had a 2 year old. Mom may need DV counseling but I don't buy that she had no power to protect such that it was useless to try. Often in coercive relationships the woman has no means of support, opposite here. Plus he had already lost custody of 1 child. She had the money to at least try for a better outcome, life is precious. He has possible family annihilator vibes, why has he not been removed? Or the children removed to family?

This is something I have noticed, too. The explanations could be, 1) like Chris Watts, these people held (a totally wrong) view that if something is amiss in the family, a new child would “heal” the relationship, or, 2) the baby was CS’s “insurance” that his wife would not leave him. 3) there might be a possibility that Erica wanted to have one more child while still young

Some of you wondered how she knew this. They may have some kind of tracker on their car. My insurance offered me a discount if I did that, and I said no way.

I put the "insurance" tracker on my phone, and saved an amazing amount of money. 15% "good driver discount". Really, what do I care if we are "tracked" to Costco, and the VA hospital?! JMO.

It is interesting, the new "smart" cars. Yet, all of the technology in the world couldn't save this child.

@Charlot123 I was wondering if CS wasn't thrilled with another girl.

Someone else upthread mentioned that, too.

Parker is a kind of ambiguous name. Cute and trendy, but ambiguous.

It seems like all this started somewhere about 3 years ago from what I'm seeing. Parker died at 2 years old, so his troubles are disturbingly co-incident with a third pregnancy.

I get a real resentment vibe from him. Re-reading the texts from ES and CS, I find him to be very sarcastic. Sarcastic and/ or drunk.

The interim complaint also shows Scholtes received text messages from his wife while their daughter was being transported to the hospital stating: “I told you to stop leaving them in the car, How many times have I told you”

He responded, “Babe, I’m sorry!” She then said “We’ve lost her, she was perfect,” and he responded by texting “Babe our family. How could I do this? I killed our baby, this can’t be real.”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back