Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m not positive there were others there when the oldest was removed. I think ES may have been pregnant with her oldest/CS’s second, possibly early enough along that CPS wouldn’t have been aware. I can see how it could have slipped past them in sort of a Swiss cheese scenario.

I don't think the math works out though. Oldest daughter is 16. Next oldest (first child with ES) is 9. So #1 was approx 7 when the second child arrived. She said in the interview she began to be left in the car at age 6/7. She wasn't removed until she was older and self harming.

I can only imagine that things were getting worse and more stressful by the day in their house, especially over the last few months. His drinking is out of hand, he's hiding it and shoplifting, acting criminally and recklessly with kids in the car (how does one get up to 138MPH in a small SUV on a public road??), trying to manipulate with things like "You hate me," addiction or at least escapism in video games while he's supposed to be the primary caregiver, has an older daughter who doesn't see him anymore and they have to explain that away to extended family and friends, then that daughter gets pregnant at 16 making him a "grandparent" well before 40 to a grandchild he will not be allowed to have a relationship with - again, having to save face somehow with mutual friends and family, then that daughter's mother dying and the 16yo STILL not wishing to go to the only "parent" she has left and instead goes to live with a friend's family - stop right there, that can't be hidden away as easily and now their precious reputations will surely be ruined in the eyes of their family, friends and community! I'm willing to bet the fighting, blaming, mudslinging and gaslighting in that house was getting pretty epic over the last few months. JMO and once again, I grieve for the children caught up in all this.

I strongly disagree.

The wife's knowledge of her husband's alcoholism and the associated dangers he posed to their children cannot be overlooked. While there are clearly emotional and dysfunctional ties between them, her decision to remain in such a situation knowing the risks directly endangered their children's safety.

In fact, It's essential to hold BOTH of them accountable. Texts prove that she was keenly aware of his harmful behaviors and failed to act to protect their children.

In short: When you know better, you do better. When you know more, you do more.

SHE KNEW. SHE DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.
She is complicit, IMO.
100%! Only one person stood between the children’s safety and a serial abuser and that was the mother. Being the breadwinner and working long hours (if that was the case) doesn’t excuse choosing to allow the abuse to continue. Her child died and no amount of texting can change that.

According to the mother he drove drunk with the kids in the car! 138 mph! Take the damn car away, put him in rehab, hire a responsible caregiver, anything except turning a blind eye to his behavior.

I sure as heck don’t want this buffoon on any street I’m driving. He’s a menace to me and my loved ones. Neither parent gets a “Well they’ve suffered enough” excuse from me. Put him in jail and require her to attend parenting classes. All MOO.

ETA link:

On March 11 in one message Erika writes:

“You haven’t shown you can stop putting the girls in danger or treating me badly. Even yesterday you drove home drunk with two minors. You drink to excess every time. I have been asking for three years for you to cut back but it's actually gotten worse.”

On March 21st she wrote: “Why were you going 138 with our baby in the car with alcohol in your system?

Last edited:
I would draw a parallel here between this wife and the Crumbley parents who were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. In this case the danger was her husband, not a gun. Drink driving, speeding, leaving children in a hot car, alcoholism, and non-supervision, with his apparent addiction to gaming. She was sober and well aware of the risk he posed to her children's lives.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back