Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Functions of Judges?

snipped for focus @LifeIsAMystery Only addressing one point.

Generally, LE /prosecutor presents evidence to the judge at these hearings, and the judge's role is to, well, to judge, not to investigate.
Someone was derelict in their duty of evidence gathering then, a child had been removed by the state from that very home, in part for similar conduct by CS and similar failure to protect by ES. Key and very relevant evidence IMOOO.

It was really ES pleading that likely carried the day. Hopefully the little girls will not be harmed before the hearing, JMOOO.

I agree! As far as I understand the judge could have issued an arrest warrant which would have resulted in the father getting hauled in. I’m not a lawyer of course but I think the DA would have to write the warrant and the judge would sign.

Maybe it was just easier to keep the date since once arrested CS would have to be arraigned within 24 hours which might have complicated court scheduling?

But IMO everyone thinks the father will be controlled by his doctor wife and therefore don’t see any potential danger in allowing him around the family.
JMO
Not sure the judge who presided over the bond hearing will be involved in an ongoing way, in many places they are not a trial judge also.

Agree that the judge may have thought of ES as protective, CPS, oldest and Parker and the surviving kids, not to mention her own texts, say otherwise.

And him being back in the home, where the little girls cannot feel safe, physically or emotionally, is due to her. Otherwise he'd be in jail. She could tell him to leave. Instead she stopped working herself (how is that sustainable?!) and BOTH have pressured young grieving kids to lie to LE about the murder of their baby sister. It cannot be lost on the girls that they are NOT SAFE NOW. She's more than complicit, she got him released to the home and she has also witness tampered instead of protecting the remaining very young kids. JMOOO.

well I sure don't think she should be working right now and I would not want to be a patient under her care during this time

ES. Tattoos? Lip Piercing?
Not that it actually matters. Not judging, just wondering.
Various pix show part of her upper arm sleeves, tho I can’t tell what they are. Anyone? Being ancient myself, I don’t have a handle on whether this is unusual for her age, professional status, etc. Anyone?

At DailyMail slideshow pic 6 of 10* w ES & CS at dock, water in background, I noticed what may be a skin tag or lesion above her left upper lip. Or a stud or gem inserted in a piercing there???
Trying to find name for this, had to search. A “Monroe" piercing? As in Marilyn.
In headshot of ES in white coat in slideshow, piercing not visible to me.

* July 12 article w 15-pix slideshow

Oh, the things we learn from going down WS rabbit holes.

ES. Tattoos? Lip Piercing?
Not that it actually matters. Not judging, just wondering.
Various pix show part of her upper arm sleeves, tho I can’t tell what they are. Anyone? Being ancient myself, I don’t have a handle on whether this is unusual for her age, professional status, etc. Anyone?

At DailyMail slideshow pic 6 of 10* w ES & CS at dock, water in background, I noticed what may be a skin tag or lesion above her left upper lip. Or a stud or gem inserted in a piercing there???
Trying to find name for this, had to search. A “Monroe" piercing? As in Marilyn.
In headshot of ES in white coat in slideshow, piercing not visible to me.

* July 12 article w 15-pix slideshow

Oh, the things we learn from going down WS rabbit holes.

Haven't checked the pix you reference, but on the odd (and few) occasions where a patient has commented on my ink, I have reminded them that an orthopod is made, not born... It's not something I'd notice on a team member at this point, and I'm over 40.

So, would not surprise me either way, though there aew variations across work environments, of course.

Agree that the next court date will be telling. Would not be surprised to see him remanded based on upgraded charges, and would view that as the best outcome pending trial. IMO.

100%! Only one person stood between the children’s safety and a serial abuser and that was the mother. Being the breadwinner and working long hours (if that was the case) doesn’t excuse choosing to allow the abuse to continue. Her child died and no amount of texting can change that.

According to the mother he drove drunk with the kids in the car! 138 mph! Take the damn car away, put him in rehab, hire a responsible caregiver, anything except turning a blind eye to his behavior.

I sure as heck don’t want this buffoon on any street I’m driving. He’s a menace to me and my loved ones. Neither parent gets a “Well they’ve suffered enough” excuse from me. Put him in jail and require her to attend parenting classes. All MOO.

ETA link:

On March 11 in one message Erika writes:

“You haven’t shown you can stop putting the girls in danger or treating me badly. Even yesterday you drove home drunk with two minors. You drink to excess every time. I have been asking for three years for you to cut back but it's actually gotten worse.”

On March 21st she wrote: “Why were you going 138 with our baby in the car with alcohol in your system?
I wonder how she knew @ alcohol in his system?

I wonder how she knew @ alcohol in his system?
I’ve been wondering this, as well…maybe they had been somewhere together earlier and she had witnessed him drinking? I hope not, as it would be absolutely unimaginable that she still allowed him to drive somewhere with their child in the car after that.

Or maybe they had video surveillance in their house and she was reviewing footage and saw him drinking something? I did find it interesting that early reports said that LE took a “cup” from the house as evidence—while many people do like to pour their beer into glasses instead of drinking straight from the can/bottle, it seems like another way for him to plausibly deny any drinking to his wife if she *did* have access to video footage of any kind from inside the house.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back