Armchair Psych Profile and JH's Background

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay even if he is "faking" MI what is the benefit? It isn't like they are going to let him off because of it! He is going to be locked up for the rest of his life anyway. It wasn't like he had a plan to get away with this BUT if that failed plan B was to take MI!

What's the benefit? Isn't it obvious? If found guilty he could get the death penalty. If found not guilty by reason of insanity, he goes to a mental hospital from which he could be released one day. And if he is found not guilty by reason of insanity it is absolutely incorrect that he has to be locked up for the rest of his life.

I'm confused. It says she was found NGRI and was transferred to a state psych hospital.
That is an MI hospital and a lock down. She cant come out. I did not hear of them talking about her coming out one day.
AS for this guy.... he will not be coming out. None of these families will ever allow that. MOO

I cant see any similarity between her and this cas other then a case of MI. and there are many.

How James Holmes will be evaluated by psychiatrists ( link )
By Dr. Keith Ablow
July 24, 2012, FoxNews.com

First, given the extraordinary change in Holmes' mental status--from brilliant neuroscience Ph.D candidate to a mass killer--all organic (i.e. physical) causes for psychiatric symptoms must be excluded via an extensive medical work-up, including an MRI (to rule out a brain tumor or slow bleed), an EEG (to rule out seizures), a lumbar puncture (to obtain cerebrospinal fluid to rule out a central nervous system infection) and blood work (to rule out toxicity from heavy metals, other physiological abnormalities and any use by Holmes of illicit drugs). Any medication with which Holmes has recently been treated will be considered for its possible psychiatric side effects.

[...]

The medical and psychiatric evaluation(s) will also form the basis of any "insanity" plea Holmes may put forward. The questions at the heart of that matter will be whether a major mental illness so impaired Mr. Holmes as to render him unable to tell right from wrong, or if he still knew right from wrong, and whether an illness so impaired him as to render him unable to conform his behavior to the requirements of the law.

[...]

Holmes' journey through the system is just beginning. Insanity pleas are notoriously unsuccessful. The vast, vast majority fail, probably because juries simply don't want to worry over whether a person capable of horrific acts will ever hit the streets. So, if Holmes should offer such a plea and prevail, it will be because he isn't even close to sane and because the culprit who stole 12 lives and shattered dozens more was mental illness, camouflaged by those accomplices who saw it hobbling a man and did nothing--or too little.
Could / would organic include delusions if that was case or would it just be aggressive violent bxs? Sad state of affairs, however when working folks cant ($) get full medical evaluation but mass murders do FREE!

Indeed - seemed noone cared. Be interesting to know the last time a parent or sister called him.

Yes, Yates is in a mental hospital. She had two trials. In first trial she was found guilty. In second trial she was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Now they are talking about her getting released into society one of these days.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering if I needed to order Hooked on Phonics to work on my reading comprehension skills.

That is an MI hospital and a lock down. She cant come out. I did not hear of them talking about her coming out one day.
AS for this guy.... he will not be coming out. None of these families will ever allow that. MOO

I cant see any similarity between her and this cas other then a case of MI. and there are many.

Oh they most certainly are talking about allowing her outside.

"Ten years after Andrea Yates was first convicted of murdering her five children, the Clear Lake mother might soon be allowed outside the confines of a state psychiatric hospital to go to church, her attorney told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...-seeks-weekly-release-from-mental-3439312.php

The differences between the Yates case and this one are huge!

This guy will not get out, he's not MI like Yates. He may have some sort of issue, but not like Yates.

His crimes are vastly different. If convicted, he will not get out.

If convicted, I agree. But if NGRI, then there is no law that says he couldn't get out one day.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering if I needed to order Hooked on Phonics to work on my reading comprehension skills.
That only pertains to my typing/spelling! No computers back then -- write sloppy noone could tell!

Entered wrong and earler error

Statistics : Length of incaracartion vs insanity

When it succeeds, offenders generally spend more time in mental institutions than they would have spent in prison if they had......... ..www.cliffsnotes.com/.../Legal-Defenses-Justifications-for-Crimes

a study at a mental institution in New York found that some patients spend a far larger amount of time committed than they would have spent in prison for their crimes.

....... insanity can easily spend more time in a mental institution than the defendant........ .suite101.com › ... › Law, Crime & Justice › Penal System

........are likely to spend as much or more time confined in a psychiatric ..
www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html

Persons judged NGRI spend more time in mental hospitals than in jail.www.u.arizona.edu/~dusana/psych381winter05/lecture13.ppt.

insanity spend more time in a mental hospital than they would if found guilty ...
law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/hinckley/myth.htm

If convicted, I agree. But if NGRI, then there is no law that says he couldn't get out one day.
Statistics : Length of incaracartion vs insanity

When it succeeds, offenders generally spend more time in mental institutions than they would have spent in prison if they had......... ..www.cliffsnotes.com/.../Legal-Defenses-Justifications-for-Crimes

a study at a mental institution in New York found that some patients spend a far larger amount of time committed than they would have spent in prison for their crimes.

....... insanity can easily spend more time in a mental institution than the defendant........ .suite101.com › ... › Law, Crime & Justice › Penal System

........are likely to spend as much or more time confined in a psychiatric ..
www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html

Persons judged NGRI spend more time in mental hospitals than in jail.www.u.arizona.edu/~dusana/psych381winter05/lecture13.ppt.

insanity spend more time in a mental hospital than they would if found guilty ...
law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/hinckley/myth.htm

–first FERPA (no longer mentioned), now using Colorado Open Records!

So we cannot have any access to informaton about school history ...

…………. to Sylvester cited a provision of the Colorado Open Records Act that prevents the public from viewing open records "prohibited by ... the order of any court."

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Colorado-suspect-s-school-records-sealed-3739419.php

Is this different than a gag order? He has also sealed the case file, preventing the public from seeing the accusations and legal arguments that both sides will make.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Colorado-suspect-s-school-records-sealed-3739419.php

so he can experiment with psych meds,
to manipulate people, to excercise is neuroscience knowledge,
to maintain control over the situation through confusion,
basically for his own amusement, beyond the legal possibilities.

not that he doesn't have real issues,
but smart people with real issues can become
master malingerers when it's to their benefit.

so he can experiment with psych meds,
to manipulate people, to excercise is neuroscience knowledge,
to maintain control over the situation through confusion,
basically for his own amusement, beyond the legal possibilities.

This are the reasons I have come up with for him committing the crimes.

I also figured someone would assume one of the parents pushed him to excel, that would be a common consideration, I have my doubts, but someone was reporting it from the tv show they were watching yesterday.

I'm sticking with the reasons you have stated.

EXCLUSIVE: Massacre suspect James Holmes' gun-range application drew red flag

"That also struck me as very, very strange,” Rotkovich said. “Who says ‘Cheers?’”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...cation-drew-red-flag-for-owner/#ixzz21np3k1gy

Well that is ridiculous, I know plenty of people who sign off with "Cheers". While it's more commonly used by the British, that alone is not a strange thing at all.

I kind of think this gun range guy is full of crap and trying to get his 15 minutes

Well that is ridiculous, I know plenty of people who sign off with "Cheers". While it's more commonly used by the British, that alone is not a strange thing at all.

I kind of think this gun range guy is full of crap and trying to get his 15 minutes

i too believe the guy is looking for his 15min along w/ free advertising....

again, im just alarmed at the people in this world who are ready to call 911 over someone who appears different than themselves.....that is a dangerous precedent for this country and i feel sorry for those who are perfectly sane and of healthy mind who would never hurt a fly yet have strange personalities.....my aspergers friend comes to mind. how many of you would call 911 if you met this person on the street thinking he was "off" or "different" or "strange" ???

again, how many people posting here would like me or someone else to call authorities because we think you are strange and your postings are a bit "off".....im pretty sure if the roles were reversed you (in general, not specific) would be pissed off for someone accusing you of whatever because they didnt like your personality....

make sure to never visit Boulder - lots of "strange" characters up there...for sure!

and there is NOTHING odd about "cheers"...maybe the gun guy was an unsophisticated or non-worldly traveled person.....because cheers is VERY common and i know tons of people who say it....

while i truly believe the suspect has some mental issues - because i believe to commit such evil heinous acts you cannot be free of some mental issue - i dont believe that from what has been released to us, there were ANY signs of him being a danger to society and he is the ONLY person responsible for what he did. and while i believe he does have mental issues, i also believe he is fit to stand trial. compos mentis - despite having some mental issues. << my disclaimer lol

"Cheers" to some people could sound like celebrating with an adult beverage.
that combined with the weird answering machine
he could have taken JH for a drunk.

Sorry for jumping in late, and I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there is nothing odd at all about JH taking his prelim exam after the semester is over. These exams are tough to schedule because they are oral exams and you need to find a time when everyone can meet -- the student and the faculty members on his/her committee. Of course, each school and each program is different, but these types of exams are often scheduled after the semester is over and people's schedules aren't as busy. In many graduate programs, the only requirement is that you have to take your "prelims" within a certain number of weeks or months after finishing your coursework. They are not like the "final exams" you take at the end of a class. They don't show up as "grades" on your transcript. They don't have to follow the university calendar.

And yes, I am speaking from personal experience.

Hi Joe, Shawdowraiths has an amazing link from the University directly about this preliminary exam. It is couple post from here. The arguments on dates seems to be on the side for now ( for me ) since what we need to actually see is actual confirmations from students or school itself from that University about their own process. Yes some schools have leverage or flexibilities and i know that but some schools are also tight with records and following their own academic calendar as they have to provide records also to the government :)

We cant use Andrea as a comparison...
but from all the MI mass murderers has anyone come out?

–first FERPA (no longer mentioned), now using Colorado Open Records!

So we cannot have any access to informaton about school history ...

…………. to Sylvester cited a provision of the Colorado Open Records Act that prevents the public from viewing open records "prohibited by ... the order of any court."

Is this different than a gag order? He has also sealed the case file, preventing the public from seeing the accusations and legal arguments that both sides will make.

am sure what media wants to see are EMAILS of JH which is part of the colorado open records act :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member