Armchair psych profile and personal background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, Reannan. My first thought after seeing the headline about suicide watch was this guy is not likely to commit suicide. After reading about him, reading his posts, reading his lies and seeing a lot of the pictures he has posted of himself I just think he is too narcissistic to kill himself.

I've read a lot about psychopathy and narcissism.....what I remember is that these people are unlikely to kill themselves.

Sorry I am so behind...once again.
Remember how he expressed to German authorities that he was concerned about his safety in jail? This is a pretty good indication that he has no intent on killing himself. However, if he had abruptly stopped any psyche med(s) he may have been on he may very well be an unstable and potentially suicidal wreck right now. It could take weeks to become stabilized on his meds again.

A high correlation between folks with mental illness and what, incarceration? I worked in pharmacy so I wasn't privvy to inmates' complete records so I would have no clue, but I can tell you I was constantly infuriated by psych docs constantly and abruptly changing inmates' meds. The prison health system is so broken and these guys would see a different psych doc every other week, and they would make dangerous changes to their meds - I can't imagine how depressed, irratic, and possibly violent these constant changes in chemistry would make a person.
Ahh i thought you were in the adult entertainment industry wrong person - funny!

I didn't google the name of that medication but I've googled:
::: Magnotta + antipsychotic :::
results were a few comments from different forums. One person wrote that have dealed with schizo patients and LM presented the exact odd mouth & tongue movements. It's called 'tardive dyskinesia' usually caused by:
1. Schizophrenia
2. Long-term or high dose use of antipsychotic drugs
3. Cocaine induced

With the same search I found another board where someone mentioned that LM posted on the Karla Homolka forum (WKH) several strange pictures of his prescription pill bottles on his nightstand, some of them were antipsychotics. It's hard to know if that photo with all those meds belonged to him or he just posted the picture to get attention, pic was deleted from the photobucket.

Anyway it seems Magnotta was banned from that forum and that's why he borrowed an user id from a woman username KATZZPAW and they say she was the one who set Magnotta off on the cat killing rampage.
http://dealwiththedevil.yuku.com/topic/299/What-Happened-to-WKH?page=4

sorry if this information been discussed here before. I'll be back tomorrow to catch up, thanks everyone for all the replies about Aspergers! :seeya:
No way! Have you ever seen someone with Tardive Dyskinesia?? It's very bizarre and your first thought is, "Wow, there's seriously something very wrong with this person" or "Uh oh, this person is a meth head". Seriously, it's repetitive and very pronounced. I've seen this quite often in patients. Luka just appears to have some quirks, and perhaps tics (at worst). Yikes.

Ahh i thought you were in the adult entertainment industry wrong person - funny!
LOL! DEF the wrong person. I'd probably be less bored with life and have a lot more money if I was in adult entertainment!

I don't think he has this (JMO)--but there are a couple of curious coincidences. His mother volunteers with the Autistic society (or works with autistic children). And, the drug risperidone is sometimes used for Asperger's.
Another thing--Asperger syndrome wasn't well-known back when LM was a kid. Any of his "odd" behaviours wouldn't have raised any flags.
Its also a biggie , wildly over prescribed , Rx for schizophrenia

Its also a biggie , wildly over prescribed , Rx for schizophrenia
IMO Same as a horse tranqualizer - yeh they dont talk to themselves any longer - nor do they move breath eat or walk - its a really awful med - COMA !!

I would really appreciate it if we kept to facts with regards to LM's medication/diagnosis. All anyone knows to my knowledge is there is a medication. It could be for a medical condition and not a psychotropic at all. Armchair psychologizing should be grounded in the facts without going too far adrift IMO...

We do know what medication it is, and it definitely is a psychotropic drug.
(It was stated by a journalist on twitter just before the publication ban).
So it's not all just guessing.

J&J reportedly close to Rxxxxxx settlement
June 20, 2012|Reuters

Johnson & Johnson is close to reaching a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department over allegations it promoted anti psychotic drug Rxxxxxx for unapproved uses that could cost the health care conglomerate at least $1.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

Remember how he expressed to German authorities that he was concerned about his safety in jail? This is a pretty good indication that he has no intent on killing himself. However, if he had abruptly stopped any psyche med(s) he may have been on he may very well be an unstable and potentially suicidal wreck right now. It could take weeks to become stabilized on his meds again.

Good points. I wonder if his fear for his safety and his nervous behavior when on the run are expressions of a mental condition. It sure seems like he knew what he did would be perceived as wrong.....thinking about his culpability.

I have a lot to read to catch up! Don't even know where to begin, so I'm skipping around.

I disagree.
Hi
Thats what its all about - interesting differences opinion ! I agree with the Narc rarely committing suicide BUT he has so many issues - losses - no CONTROL over anything - what he lived for (!) -while incarcareted - that is what will do him in just my take!!

No internet- clothes-makeup- *advertiser censored* - folks to manipulate -do not envision him being an avid reader ha! Sorry that just hit me!

Good points. I wonder if his fear for his safety and his nervous behavior when on the run are expressions of a mental condition. It sure seems like he knew what he did would be perceived as wrong.....thinking about his culpability.

I have a lot to read to catch up! Don't even know where to begin, so I'm skipping around.
It is very confusing feel like you do not know where to express what!

We do know what medication it is, and it definitely is a psychotropic drug.
(It was stated by a journalist on twitter just before the publication ban).
So it's not all just guessing.

In addition the title of this thread is ARMCHAIR psych & the first post by JBean states, "Please remember that this is generally a layman discussion of our opinions regarding the psychological makeup of Magnotta."

So lets continue on with diagnosis theories... ;)

:rocker:

No way! Have you ever seen someone with Tardive Dyskinesia?? It's very bizarre and your first thought is, "Wow, there's seriously something very wrong with this person" or "Uh oh, this person is a meth head". Seriously, it's repetitive and very pronounced. I've seen this quite often in patients. Luka just appears to have some quirks, and perhaps tics (at worst). Yikes.

I am not familiar w/ Tardive Dyskinesia (more reading to do ; )).....but I was thinking about the video for Cover Guy....LM is doing a strange repetitive thing with his tongue. I thought it was probably dry-mouth because he was on some drug.

I disagree. He'll be handed his meds in the correct doses and he'll be watched for any signs of suicide.

:moo:
In AMerica they cannot force anyone to take meds without a huge court order thing - is it the same in Canada

Rxxxxx is used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia (a mental illness that causes disturbed or unusual thinking, loss of interest in life, and strong or inappropriate emotions) in adults and teenagers 13 years of age and older. It is also used to treat episodes of mania (frenzied, abnormally excited, or irritated mood) or mixed episodes (symptoms of mania and depression that happen together) in adults and in teenagers and children 10 years of age and older with bipolar disorder (manic depressive disorder; a disease that causes episodes of depression, episodes of mania, and other abnormal moods).

As I've stated before... both Schizophrenia & Bipolar I can cause psychosis (lasting from a few days to months or even years)...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002520/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001925/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001924/

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?volume=161&page=1712#Discussion

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?volume=161&page=1712#R1619BABIHHHA

http://www.strangerinthemirror.com/articles/Steinberg-scl90symptoms-BullMennClinic05.pdf

CARIIS - How, exactly, did you reach this conclusion? With all due respect, your posts are all over the place and I'm having trouble understanding you (though I would very much like to).
I appreciate the feedback I have noticed that to ! I feel all over the place in terms of navigating. It amazes me! Bad typist, brain goes much faster the fingers can.
IMO his control issues (absent in prison) are going to be the end of him.

I am trying to get the navigation down pls bear with me! I wonder if I just try to naviagate by TIME (only not page!) of your posts, that force me to think, will work?! AHHHH

Good thing to avoid confusion in the threads is ... when you are finished reading the last post in a thread (i.e. this one), use the top left hand back-arrow drop-down to go back to "Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman" (which is the Forum), then just hit F5 (Refresh), and you can see which threads now have new posts that you haven't read.

Okay, So we know there's an psychotropic med. It's clear to me that LM had a plan in place for his murder long before it occurred. Of course, we all know that something is mentally awry. However, isn't it possible that he feigned mental illness to some professional who then gave him a serious mental disorder diagnosis...and the medications. LM could have been working on an insanity defense before he acted out his plan. It will be interesting to found out just how long he's been on medication. If its been longterm then it may not be another major manipulation of his. However, if he started meds more recently...say in the last 6 months, then it may yet again be smoke and mirrors...and his attempt to minimize his consequences.

I'm sorry if I came across that way. I honestly didn't mean to. I'm just saying that we can find side effects in every single medication approved by FDA or Health Canada.

Eric Newman was allegedly prescribed this particular medication and that's all we know from the brief hearing in court today. We have no idea why it was prescribed or what his diagnosis is. I posted some information earlier. Yes, it's an anti-psychotic drug but it's also prescribed for other mental disorders such as bi polar and severe anxiety.

IMO, I don't think people should automatically assume he has schizophrenia and even if he does, he's not an 8 year old child. He's an adult.

I do not for one second believe he has mental illness. Yes, he has mental issues but nothing to define him as legally insane.

:moo:
You know what just hit me - just my notion guys - i think - as it relates to mental illiness -that it might be percieved that cause imo he is very mentally disturbed that I dont think he MUST spend the rest of his life in jail - maybe the way I have expressed myself?

I feel/think/believe both - he is very unstable, dangerous and sick AND deserves to be in jail for the remainder of his life AND (!) that his illiness does give some understanding to his horrible behaviors (unforgiveable) AND he did know everything he was doing is wrong, and horrible.

YES very mentally ill but not psycotic- he knew exactly what he was doing in fact IMO he fantazized for years about doing this - or has been for years UGH huh?
IMO mental illiness is not only insanity -- like an ice cream shop lots of flaovors !!!!!!

Donyale!
I felt ANXIOUS! when reading that page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members