Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
" Jimmy James of neuroscience"
" I am just being James"

Quotes from him on my link a page back...You guys think, there are 2 personalities in here "jimmy" and "James" ?...what is the difference between jimmy and James ? ...is jimmy the smart one and James is the crazy one?

" Jimmy James of neuroscience"
" I am just being James"

Quotes from him on my link a page back...You guys think, there are 2 personalities in here "jimmy" and "James" ?...what is the difference between jimmy and James ? ...is jimmy the smart one and James is the crazy one?

Maybe it's like the tv show Good Times and Jimmy JJ Walker is "Dyn-o-mite" and James is the responsible one who works hard to get something better for his family...

Kinda serious and somewhat hoping to make you all chuckle with this one... happy Wednesday!

Not just any drug, but the one that is called "bath salts"?

I wondered about this when I read an article linked from an entirely different forum. The article is very long but one of the reasons I'm linking the possibility to JH is that the mechanism for how bath salts mess up the brain is similar to some of the things that seem to have been in JH's research field.

BATH SALTS: The Drug That Never Lets Go
By Jenny Marder

<SNIP>
It's impossible to talk about bath salts without talking about dopamine -- a natural neurotransmitter involved in the basic experience of pleasure. Chocolate, sex, gambling, nicotine, even the buzz of a smartphone in a pocket, all cause a rush of dopamine in the brain's reward center, the nucleus accumbens. Tiny dopamine molecules surge forth from nerve cells in the brain to send a cascade of signals to other nerve cells, and then they retreat back into the cell in a process called reuptake. It's the constant release and retreat of this chemical that causes feelings of pleasure, exhilaration and a sense of well being.

<SNIP>

What they've found is that there seemed to be a time delay built into the drug, so that mephedrone is acting before MDPV, releasing dopamine from the cell before reuptake is blocked. And once MDPV takes hold, it doesn't seem to let go.

<SNIP>

This could explain the strange behavior among abusers of these drugs, De Felice said. In fact, he thinks ingesting bath salts is akin to knocking out the dopamine transporters altogether.

"Eventually the body will replace them, presumably," he said. "But for hours and hours, you've essentially removed the dopamine transporters. So you've really messed up the whole balance of neurotransmitters in the brain."

MUCH more: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/multimedia/bath-salts/

Part of what the article discusses is that bath salts can act for a very extended period of time - days and weeks after it is taken, the drug can cause a complete break with reality, with extreme paranoia and violence.

The other part that has me wondering is from my reading of how researchers into various drugs in the past have ended up using those drugs, from ether to LSD, partly as an effort to understand the effects or for purely recreational reasons. It would not be that unusual for a young researcher who may have already been suffering from emotional problems to experiment with a drug that he should have been studying.

Bath salts is one of the most frightening drugs I have ever read about and I came of age in the 1960s with pot, heroin and LSD very common and easy to get.

I'm a medical student and we are learning about endocrine issues currently. I am studying the thyroid right now and I just learned something that totally shocked me and made me think of JH. Not saying this is his case but it is very similar to him and there's no way for us to know, only his doctors.

I am learning of Graves disease which is hyperthyroiditis. We just had a lecture with an endocrinologist and he said he has had several Graves disease patients that have been sent to mental institutions due to this disease not being diagnosed. He says this disease can make people mentally ill. He says many of his patient's with this disease get divorced, lose their jobs, become different people, etc. Also this disease involves buldging eyes. Mental illness and buldging eyes = 2 things JH exhibits. Of course not everyone with hyperthyroiditis becomes mentally ill and of course we can't know if he has this or if he just has buldging eyes normally. But I thought the similarities were interesting and I thought I would share. Disregard if you fill the need!

Jonathan Lee Riches is out of prison now as he was released in June 2012. Riches has a history of filing many legal motions to intervene and recently sued Kim Kardashian and Kayne West for being terrorists.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/jonathan-lee-riches-free-578912
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_kris-jenner-kim-kardashian-khloe-kardashian
http://gawker.com/5921243/kim-kardashian-and-kanye-west-sued-for-alleged-ties-to-terrorists

Aurora theater shooting victim impersonator suspect identified by cops, won't be charged
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/09/james_holmes_aurora_victim_impersonators.php
As for who would do such a thing, we received a tip that the culprit might be a self-proclaimed "lawsuit factory" named Jonathan Lee Riches, who it appears also attempted to change his name to James Eagan Holmes and applied to be appointed to the Aurora City Council. In response to a question about why he wanted to be appointed, Riches wrote: "To seek the truth in proving James Eagan Holmes is innocent."

This photo really bothers me; why is he smiling/grinning? What possibly could he be happy about?

That expression does not look like a happy smile.

In my opinion, JH seems to be projecting a deep resolve to fight back. The facial muscles are very tense, and the eyes deliberately held wide open, almost as if he were implying sarcastically "There! You can have my picture."

Remember he is in prison, and he probably finds that situation very degrading; since formerly he had always respected the law, and he had had a certain social standing both growing up and as a student.

JH may be believe that he is innocent of charges, on the basis that he may have been suffering from a serious mental disease, and his doctors and therapists neglected him.

Also, if JH is mentally ill, he may not be able to remember certain episodes; therefore, he may not believe that the allegations against him are true.

Additionally, in any of these photos he may be under heavy medication. For example, in this photo, he seems to have gained weight, which is a side effect of certain anti-depressants.

120920105441-james-holmes-mug-large-0920-story-body.jpg

I don't understand the change from nonchalant, almost depressed appearing 1st mug shot. To this one where he is obviously opening his eyes wider and making his lips very thin/smurking. You would think he would have made a taunting facial impression last time vs now. Is it intentional? Is it mental illness?

Also as someone pointed out last time, still no eyelashes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe the eyelashes are just small, light & thin.

Doesn't seem taunting to me; more like the look of someone determined to defend himself.

He possibly may have a good case; the idea of the "professor-psychiatrist" combo role is idiotic, and the university should have known better.

That was in response to Hastings and I think it was deleted. I'm in the mental health field and was upset by the comment. Yes, he did a very bad disgusting thing, but I don't think we need to physically torture him. Being in his sick twisted mind is torture enough I'm sure. Sorry if I missed your sarcasm Hastings. I think I'm just very sensitive to MI since I see it all the time.

Other people may have let JH down. If he did go for help, and the therapist neglected him; then he is not solely responsible for his actions.

In my opinion, he may have simply had the wrong therapist. Sometimes the patient-client relationship just does not work. He may have gotten along better with a therapist who was more like a father-figure. If he is schizoid, he likely tends to resent authority, and the (in his eyes) competitive young-ish career woman may have provoked his resentment.

Like many other active posters sharing there insights on this case, I too have many unanswered questions about this massacre and I am yearning for the facts to be revealed; so I have more questions than answers at this point and am troubled by certain aspects. That being said, taking every possible scenario into account (the one I tend to favor that he did it but keeping all other possibilities in mind: he was framed, he has an accomplice, he is a scapegoat, he was manipulated; oh the possibilities are endless) the only explanation for that look in the photo is that he seems proud of his "accomplishment"; there is no reason to be grinning and why does he have those perfectly manicured eyebrows?!?!

The eyebrows could be natural, but the curling up mustache & goatee seem to resemble the traditional portrayal of a villain in melodrama. Could be sarcasm.

That facial expression just doesn't seem to me like gloating about an accomplishment, or a grin. As I said before, seems to me like a man who has resolved to fight back and defend himself. We shouldn't forget that he may have a reasonable case.

The other part that has me wondering is from my reading of how researchers into various drugs in the past have ended up using those drugs, from ether to LSD, partly as an effort to understand the effects or for purely recreational reasons. It would not be that unusual for a young researcher who may have already been suffering from emotional problems to experiment with a drug that he should have been studying.

Sigmund Freud experimented with cocaine early in his career.

During the period of Freud’s addiction (or, at the very least, abuse), he wrote frequently about cocaine, making plenty of references to its debilitating effect on his clarity of thought. But the drug is rarely mentioned after 1896 ... As Freud wrote almost three decades later, “the study on coca was an *allotrion” — an idle pursuit that distracts from serious responsibilities — “which I was eager to conclude.”

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/b...d-markel-book-review.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.ktvq.com/news/new-colorado-shooting-documents-threat-made-at-university/

In documents released Friday, prosecutors say the young man accused of gunning down Batman moviegoers had earlier threatened someone at the University of Colorado and been banned from campus.

Texts from Holmes?

The documents also revealed that investigators have obtained text messages Holmes exchanged with someone before the shooting.

That person was not named, and the content of the texts were not made public.

Police interviewed that person and, with their permission, examined the phone. Police downloaded the complete contents of the phone because, according to the documents, law enforcement didn't have the technical ability to isolate only the relevant text messages involving Holmes.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/new-colorado-shooting-documents-threat-made-at-university/

so was JH banned from the university or they just remove his access since they said he dropped already?

DENVER (AP) -- Prosecutors say the suspect in a deadly movie theater attack threatened a professor at the University of Colorado before the shooting.
In court documents released Friday, prosecutors say that's why the school revoked James Holmes' access to campus.
The university has said Holmes was denied access to non-public parts of the campus because he had withdrawn from school.
In court documents, the name of a person Holmes threatened has been blacked out.
Prosecutors say the professor reported the threats to the university and Holmes was denied access to campus.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_7221.shtml

so was JH banned from the university or they just remove his access since they said he dropped already?

DENVER (AP) -- Prosecutors say the suspect in a deadly movie theater attack threatened a professor at the University of Colorado before the shooting.
In court documents released Friday, prosecutors say that's why the school revoked James Holmes' access to campus.
The university has said Holmes was denied access to non-public parts of the campus because he had withdrawn from school.
In court documents, the name of a person Holmes threatened has been blacked out.
Prosecutors say the professor reported the threats to the university and Holmes was denied access to campus.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_7221.shtml

Isn't it just comforting how the university's and law enforcement's stories seem to dramatically change rather conveniently? I find this very disconcerting; if a suspect told investigators one story and then at a later time told a very different story about the same events do you think investigators would just accept the new story without investigating and determining the truth? No way! So why are we expected to believe this drivel?

Isn't it just comforting how the university's and law enforcement's stories seem to dramatically change rather conveniently? I find this very disconcerting; if a suspect told investigators one story and then at a later time told a very different story about the same events do you think investigators would just accept the new story without investigating and determining the truth? No way! So why are we expected to believe this drivel?

am sure there will be witnesses to collaborate some stories that will come up if this info goes to court docs but really these are conflicting stories.

if the threat story is real, then a threat to someone should be used by psychiatrist to order hold on JH .

am sure there will be witnesses to collaborate some stories that will come up if this info goes to court docs but really these are conflicting stories.

if the threat story is real, then a threat to someone should be used by psychiatrist to order hold on JH .

It's not difficult to get someone potentially a danger to himself or others placed on a 72 hour psych hold; if the latest version is true, it's unforgivable that the university didn't do this... I would think that given the circumstances being portrayed that the university would in the least give local law enforcement a heads up about Holmes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

The facial muscles are very tense, and the eyes deliberately held wide open, almost as if he were implying sarcastically "There! You can have my picture."

I thought the same thing re: his picture.

I think he was banned--I think Sleuthers were on to this ages ago when we were previously noting how quickly after the so-called withdrawal his access was removed. In my experience these things don't usually work so quickly, especially if, as the uni has claimed, he never completed his withdrawal application.

That expression does not look like a happy smile.

In my opinion, JH seems to be projecting a deep resolve to fight back. The facial muscles are very tense, and the eyes deliberately held wide open, almost as if he were implying sarcastically "There! You can have my picture."

Remember he is in prison, and he probably finds that situation very degrading

I wonder if this is the photo which the judge ordered to be taken at the same time they collected his 2nd DNA sample (which his team argued he shouldn't have to provide). See the last paragraph before Judge Sylvester's signature:
http://www.courts.state.co.us/userf...or Court Order Authorizing Collection P14.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back