ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same Amee, it's a very bittersweet moment

Interesting to hear that the Detectives drove him there themselves...

No "convenient" car accidents this time, I guess.

Still...it could just be a 'general' Q&A session, though...and the police just wanted to get him there on time without any "fuss".

I am not cancelling my dinner plans just yet.
I'm a bit miffed... Wednesday night is the night out for the local Dragon Women and if I miss going I'll get a heap of irritating pestering phone calls...

Poop and double poop...

CM have mis-spelled lawyer's name it's Mahony. I've never seen him. But the chap on the right in the pic is the principal of the firm Mahony is with, Jason Buckland, not the barrister GBC alledgedly hired. They would have had to travel from Gold Coast so possibly had notice, unless GBC rang them from police station and at the point of contact with CM interviewer, they had not had opportunity to speak to GBC. Or, were at that stage waiting for his arrival.

Yes I've seen them too...up & down the highways, most likely placed there by a family member or friend. But I just don't know if Allison's parents would want a virtual shrine out at that bridge....

That reminds me of a family I interviewed a couple of years ago who lost their teenaged son in tragic circumstances. I stayed in contact with them afterwards and on several occasions they talked about the reactions from people who didn't know their son. They said initially they were comforted by the support from their community (cards, flowers, etc) but after awhile a few things happened which they found very unsettling. In one instance a complete stranger set up a tribute page on Facebook and posted links to all the media stories, as well as photos they had sourced online, plus speculations about what sort of family life the boy had. The mother of the deceased child said that person was talking about their son as if they knew him and being very emotional (status updates about all their tears, etc). The parents didn't feel comfortable about a complete stranger setting up a page like that - and discussing their family - so they asked the person to take it down but they wouldn't. On another occasion someone erected a cross near the site of death but as the family wasn't religious they thought it was a bit inappropriate, and they knew none of their friends or family had done it. Overall, they said while most people had good intentions and didn't cross the line, there were some who seemed to get off on being publicly involved in their grief.

CHANNEL 10 Brisbane reporter just said that they expect MURDER charges to be laid later this evening.

GBC has been in at the station for the past two hours (i.e. since roughly 3PM).

Here we go, people...

*chuckle*
Unfortunately, the Latin has been resigned to history, at least on this forum. It was a point of some consternation for some users, although it was only silly phrases. I have fallen on my sword and put it in the vault. It was rather fun, though, IMO (obviously!).

I am nothing if not a compromiser!

Cheers

i actually love and place a high value on latin so i liked your comments haha.

i just heard on 9 news GBC has been interviewed for several hours in relation to the death but is not under arrest. sorry if i'm repeating someone else i havent read the most recent posts

Ten News - He was picked up by detectives 2 hours ago and is "IN CUSTODY"! Murder charges expected later tonight!

The talking head on Ch 10 said GBC was 'held in custody'.

My local radio here said the children were taken out of school earlier today.

They also played some video footage (taken today?) of GBC walking into the Indro Police Station, and he did NOT look well. He was dressed kind of shabbily (he looked like someone who had slept in his business clothes) and he seems to have lost a bit more weight...through stress rather than exercise).

As usual every channel has different stories. I was just watching the news and all i heard was that he has been questioned by police but not arrested.

Yes I heard the on channel 10 but will be ready for 7news at 6

That reminds me of a family I interviewed a couple of years ago who lost their teenaged son in tragic circumstances. I stayed in contact with them afterwards and on several occasions they talked about the reactions from people who didn't know their son. They said initially they were comforted by the support from their community (cards, flowers, etc) but after awhile a few things happened which they found very unsettling. In one instance a complete stranger set up a tribute page on Facebook and posted links to all the media stories, as well as photos they had sourced online, plus speculations about what sort of family life the boy had. The mother of the deceased child said that person was talking about their son as if they knew him and being very emotional (status updates about all their tears, etc). The parents didn't feel comfortable about a complete stranger setting up a page like that - and discussing their family - so they asked the person to take it down but they wouldn't. On another occasion someone erected a cross near the site of death but as the family wasn't religious they thought it was a bit inappropriate, and they knew none of their friends or family had done it. Overall, they said while most people had good intentions and didn't cross the line, there were some who seemed to get off on being publicly involved in their grief.

Thanks for that factfinda...it's the type of thing I was wondering about...especially for Allison's parents & her daughters.

Oh the temptation to walk two blocks over to the Indooroopilly police station :woohoo:

Hopefully they have someone to arrest. (not wishing it on him personally, but someone)

Ten News - He was picked up by detectives 2 hours ago and is "IN CUSTODY"! Murder charges expected later tonight!

I hope the girls are ok ! They must have collected him as school was finishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member