ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very important, as the sub judice period is about to begin, that people abide by the actual law, not just the terms of service of a website. This has moved on from discussion about defamation, to discussion about contempt of court. This is an extremely serious issue, and this forum is going to be very, very interesting from both a legal and a journalistic perspective.

Cheers

Don't worry, WI. Hawkins will be back from his road trip soon, and he will be able to advise us on what we can and cannot say.

I am extremely happy that GBC is separated from his children. I have been extremely worried he would do something drastic (with himself and them). For that reason, I am celebrating, and also that ABC's death will not go unpunished!

Just heard that GBC has officially been charged with murder, and is on his way into the city with police. On A Current Affair breaking news.

Oops, dansw got in before me!

And to those who say we shouldn't be celebrating, I think the Dickies will be thinking the arrest is a good thing.

It's very important, as the sub judice period is about to begin, that people abide by the actual law, not just the terms of service of a website. This has moved on from discussion about defamation, to discussion about contempt of court. This is an extremely serious issue, and this forum is going to be very, very interesting from both a legal and a journalistic perspective.

Cheers

WI, are you having a "Groundhog Day" moment since introducing the sub judice contempt issue? :D

While this may be immediately devastating for the children, surely better than it taking 2-3 years to convict the killer. Imagine dealing with THAT later in life.

Mixed emotions. Sad but also just.

I AM THOROUGHLY EXCITED about this and do feel celebratory. I have an understanding of the children, as I have expressed in my previous posts tonight and feel terrible for them. On two occasions (way back in previous threads) I expressed a stance about "when does anything in life become about the mother"....."are mums just not considered".

Well, to all of you who think we shouldnt celebrate and be excited about this arrest.....POO POO BOO BOO TOO YOO!!!!

We are excited that a woman may now be receiving some justice over her death. Children aside, this is a cause for celebration. The person who allegedly killed her is caught.

Is everything, just ever/aalways about the children? Not in my eyes. RIP Allison. We are so sorry you lived this way in the final stages of your life. We are thankful and celebratory that your killer is caught.

If it was anyone but the father of these children you may have a valid reason to celebrate. Yes the alledged killer has been arrested but it is the parent of these girls. The far reaching consequences of this are nothing to be HAPPY about. No body WINS here.:banghead:

couriermail.com.au
A stony-faced Baden-Clay was handcuffed in the back of an unmarked police sedan which entered the rear garage of the watchhouse about 6.40pm

Child Protection Unit is there, so no doubt that is why.
I hope the media stay away from there.

I hope they stay away too. I am also very relieved that this case did not go unresolved. Legally he is still presumed innocent, but, Police must think they have enough evidence to finish the job of getting justice for Allison. It amazes me that 1. there are people amongst us who are capable of murdering someone they once loved and...2. They think they should be able to get away with it.

RIP Allison Dickie, I'm sure her family will raise her girls the way she would want them to be and remember her the way she deserves.

I'm just popping in briefly to say a huge YESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back later, but WOW!!!

My thoughts too.. I have missed alot of the last few days posts..But I heard it on the news and just had to pop in.. I don't know what more to say right now..

I am sure many have pulled out the fireworks:fireworks: now. I want to say a big congratulations to QPS for all the hard work they have done to get to this point. I know its not over yet, but QPS :yourock: and thank you. Heart goes out to The DIckies and those 3 little girls.

Wow knew something must have happened when I was only gone a few hours and saw so many unread pages.
Maybe the sunflowers helped.
Well done QLD police, for conducting such a discreet enquiry, with so few leaks.
What a relief for the Dickie family, what a traumatic time for them this must have been, worrying for the safety of their grandchildren.
May the healing process begin for them all.
What an opportune time for an arrest, when things were starting to get nasty here, trying to stop people posting by scaring them. Sadly it happens on every crime forum sooner or later.
Now I need to see if I can find some video coverage online. Was hoping to see the perp walk.
A sunflower to all who spoke out for Allison.

This forum, legally, is not discussion. This is PUBLISHING.

Cheers

Could all of the bush lawyers please go back to the bush. I have spent my life in law enforcement and find all of these so called 'legal rules' being listed in this forum just ridiculous.

We actually have freedom of speech in this country. If you are not a witness nor involved in any practical way in the case you can express an opinion. Defamation is also not easy to establish as there has to be an intention to defame and a departure from the truth. Do you think the person charged in this case will be launching civil actions against a multitude of commentators? Pleeeease.

Just ensure you abide by the rules of this forum. Stop lecturing on legal principles that either don't exist or don't apply.

This is also why the police will not be commenting on the case now. From this point forward the only details that can be discussed are those which will not be able to be disputed in court during the trial.

Thankyou factfinda

4KQ says a police media spokesperson refuses to say if he has been charged. Not what the CM says!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro