ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was anyone but the father of these children you may have a valid reason to celebrate. Yes the alledged killer has been arrested but it is the parent of these girls. The far reaching consequences of this are nothing to be HAPPY about. No body WINS here.:banghead:

The alleged murderer should have thought of these girls before he allegedly killed Allison.

:banghead:I can't believe that Channel 2 STILL hasn't mentioned GBC - this is their 7.00 o'clock news and it is like nothing has happened!! MAN!

OMG! I just logged in and was so shocked to read the latest developments. Ive clearly been living under a rock all afternoon!! Shocked because I really thought it would take months to nail that revolting excuse for a human being. It's hard to feel elated, all I feel is deep sorrow for those poor little girls and ABCs family. It sickens me to think he has been prancing around saying "business as usual".
Great job QPS. I hope this oxygen thief rots in hell.

Could all of the bush lawyers please go back to the bush. I have spent my life in law enforcement and find all of these so called 'legal rules' being listed in this forum just ridiculous.

We actually have freedom of speech in this country. If you are not a witness nor involved in any practical way in the case you can express an opinion. Defamation is also not easy to establish as there has to be an intention to defame and a departure from the truth. Do you think the person charged in this case will be launching civil actions against a multitude of commentators? Pleeeease.

Just ensure you abide by the rules of this forum. Stop lecturing on legal principles that either don't exist or don't apply.

Freedom of speech does not exist in Australia (legally). This is an American right, not an Australian right.

But in saying that, I do agree we all should express our thoughts and feelings, but be wary of pushing the boundaries too much.

Is there any video of the press conference with Darren Mahony?

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/choose-australia/about-australia/five-freedoms.htm#a

Freedom of speech

Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly, about the government, or about any topic. We do not censor the media and may criticise the government without fear of arrest. Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm. There are laws to protect a person's good name and integrity against false information. There are laws against saying or writing things to incite hatred against others because of their culture, ethnicity or background. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to harm others.

If it was anyone but the father of these children you may have a valid reason to celebrate. Yes the alledged killer has been arrested but it is the parent of these girls. The far reaching consequences of this are nothing to be HAPPY about. No body WINS here.:banghead:

I kind of see what you are saying(I think). I think no, the situation is not to be celebrated, that a husband killed (allegedly) his wife and mother of his children. But what IS to be celebrated is that the police have arrested who they have good reason(obviously) to believe the murderer of Allison. Police would not do this lightly. It is hugely sad that that person happens to be Allisons husband. There were far reaching consequences the minute he murdered her(if he did). The girls have had to suffer with that from that moment on. ANd I can not imagine the hell they are going to go through as they come to understand their father is charged with the murder of their mother. How horrendous.

UPDATE: Gerard Baden-Clay's lawyer Darren Mahony says he has been instructed to make an "urgent" bail application for his client

Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go the Supreme Court.

However, a Supreme Court bail application cannot be heard until at least 48 hours after it is filed ...

... so Mr Baden-Clay is likely to remain behind bars until at least early next week.

http://twitter.com/#!/couriermail

I can only believe that Allison must have been such a beautiful soul, to have so many people (including the lovely people on here) hanging on for justice to be served. I feel such a combination of relief for Allison, as well as heartbreak for her little ones.

May you now rest in peace, Allison, and shine your love down on your three girls...

XX

I can't shake this feeling since finding out about GBC been charged tonight - it's like when you beg to be told something, then once you're told, you wish you hadn't been.

IMO, the police charging him suggests they are VERY confident of his involvement in her death (who knows at this stage if more people will be charged). I've always suspected him, but it's almost like I was wishing it wasn't him because the reality of him taking his wife's life (even if they were estranged or having problems), the mother of his children's life. It is just shocking and not something I want to think about.

So so tragic.

Don't worry, WI. Hawkins will be back from his road trip soon, and he will be able to advise us on what we can and cannot say.

Ah. Not sure if that should actually solve any contempt issues, and not sure a judge will consider it. Sub judice is real, and one thing anyone involved in any aspect of the legal process can say with total authority is that judges do not take contempt lightly.

I'm totally perplexed as to why this aspect of law, and defamation law, is such an issue for some people to reconcile: the law is the law (is the law). It's not a personal interpretation of such; it just is what it is.

But, as I previously posted, this case will be very interesting to watch from this point in time.

One thing I would offer as a tip: we should begin to take notice of the distinct difference in the way this case will be reported from now on, and take that as advice to guide how we all publish comments online, regardless of the site we might be on.

Cheers

Does anyone else NOT feel like they thought they would when an arrest was finally made?

I thought I would be ecstatic but instead it has left me feeling empty. He was always my perp but the reality of it is like OH...MY...GOD!!...and now I ask myself...did she know he wanted her dead?

Hawkins! good to see you are out there!

Enjoy the rest of your road trip - we eagerly await your return.

ps. don't care what your background is - you talk sense, in plain English and you have earned our respect!

Could all of the bush lawyers please go back to the bush. I have spent my life in law enforcement and find all of these so called 'legal rules' being listed in this forum just ridiculous.

We actually have freedom of speech in this country. If you are not a witness nor involved in any practical way in the case you can express an opinion. Defamation is also not easy to establish as there has to be an intention to defame and a departure from the truth. Do you think the person charged in this case will be launching civil actions against a multitude of commentators? Pleeeease.

Just ensure you abide by the rules of this forum. Stop lecturing on legal principles that either don't exist or don't apply.

We're actually talking about sub judice now. The defamation discussion was a few links back. Also, it might be best not to make assumptions about people's legal expertise - one never knows the background of other posters.

Cheers

I can't shake this feeling since finding out about GBC been charged tonight - it's like when you beg to be told something, then once you're told, you wish you hadn't been.

IMO, the police charging him suggests they are VERY confident of his involvement in her death (who knows at this stage if more people will be charged). I've always suspected him, but it's almost like I was wishing it wasn't him because the reality of him taking his wife's life (even if they were estranged or having problems), the mother of his children's life. It is just shocking and not something I want to think about.

So so tragic.

I understand. I think I didn't want to believe it possible he was guilty, even though privately I knew it seemed likely. It just makes this whole crime even more tragic knowing her husband may well have been responsible and of robbing those girls of their mother, the mother of his children.. horrendous doesn't really even seem to be the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme