ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't sound harsh at all. Kids are resilient and their family will give them all nurturing and love they need to deal with these horrific circumstances. They have a long road ahead. I'm so relieved they are away from him and now safe with those who will love and protect them.

I agree kids are resilient. But I don't for one minute believe they easily get over the fact that their father murdered(allegedly at this point) their mother. They are young now, but I feel for them in the rough road they will undoubtedly travel over the coming years. I am glad they are now in the loving arms of their grandparents the Dickies at this time. But that whole family have a very tough time ahead.

Where did the claim that Allison had a $900,000 Insurance Policy come from? To pay the premiums on such a policy would be an enormous amount for people who seemed to have no visible means of support and very high living + business costs. And, life insurance policies have clauses which preclude payment if the insured meets foul play.

I would like to see some substantiation of this claim before it took it with more than a very tiny grain of salt.

RIP Allison

Elsewhere, the parents of Gerard Baden-Clay arrived at their Kenmore home about 5.50pm without Baden-Clay's three daughters.

Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay rushed into the house from their car while two neighbours ran to the boot and grabbed their bags before joining them inside.

The Courier-Mail understands Allison Baden-Clay's three daughters were taken to Ferny Grove police station before being picked up by Allison's parents, the Dickies.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/...rged-with-murder/story-fn6ck45n-1226394769098

I agree kids are resilient. But I don't for one minute believe they easily get over the fact that their father murdered(allegedly at this point) their mother. They are young now, but I feel for them in the rough road they will undoubtedly travel over the coming years. I am glad they are now i the loving arms of their grandparents the Dickies at this time. But that whole family have a very tough time ahead.

I agree with you 100%, as per my earlier posts.

And do nor forget, everyone, the QPS have a fantastic track record these past few years in solving murders.

Well done QPS! So excited. Sad for the girls, but I am sure the two older ones would have had their suspicions (being the ones most privvy to ABC and GBC's relationship) so maybe having this happen is a relief for them as well.

There has been confusion in the print media over several issues in this case. The day her body was found, it was reported on the news that Police would not comment re:signs of foul play or trauma, and I don't believe the police have wavered on this. It certainly opens up the causes from just the suggested strangulation. Now an arrest has been made, I wonder if more will be revealed about C.O.D?

Yes it was reported by courier mail when Allisons body was found, that they understood there was vno visual signs of foul play. I do not believe that is the case. It has since been reported that Police knew soon after the discovery of her body what cause of death was(before autopsy by all accounts)..so there must have been signs. It has also been reported COD was not going to be released before an arrest as they did not want to jeopardise the case or an arrest(Or words to that effect). WE may not know until trial..Or if Police are still waiting to pounce on an accomplice then at least until all arrests have been made.

MOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzychickinUSA
I had a friend tell me a couple of weeks ago that NBC was seen on the night sitting at the roundabout in the bus stop crying with his head in his hands at about 3am.....? has anyone else heard of this?

Yes, this has been raised a few times previously here but not in Msm.

it's been mentioned here as a rumour, but I cant recall the bit about him crying and having his head in his hands!? if that's true, it could put another light onto what he might have been doing on the roundabout, and his part in it.

Where did the claim that Allison had a $900,000 Insurance Policy come from? To pay the premiums on such a policy would be an enormous amount for people who seemed to have no visible means of support and very high living + business costs. And, life insurance policies have clauses which preclude payment if the insured meets foul play.

I would like to see some substantiation of this claim before it took it with more than a very tiny grain of salt.

RIP Allison

It was stated in main stream media tonight with news of the arrest.. it is not forum hearsay. Channel 7 for one did report it.

I have suspected perhaps stabbing or gunshot. (though shots have never been reported being heard- silencer?). the reason I have had suspicions on this was because of the fact police knew how she was killed shortly after seeing her body where it was discovered. Points to an obvious cause of death and foul play. Despite main stream media reporting 'they believed no visual signs of foul play' thats because police did not want that information out there. I have also suspected there may have been blood found in Allisons car, thats why it was still impounded- there was some evidence- this has now been confirmed as blood being found. MOO

Yessss....when I read that the cause of death was evident to police the moment they found the body I suspected she was shot too....cos if she had been strangled then I expect her neck would have shown markings....and I would have expected that others would have seen it and everyone else would have been told....but a gun shot in the back/front may have been easily disguised....washed out by the water perhaps....

wot a nutcase he must have been......and to lead everyone on this wild goose chase as has been occuring....just incredible how some peoples minds must work?

RIP Allison

I guess the price of premiums are relative to when you think the big payday may be coming....

agreed i would have thought there would be a an exclusion regarding payout on foul play/murder etc

I drove past the house earlier this evening, there were a couple of police cars, plus several other white vehicles, at least being a sort of small truck with doors at the back, like a custom utility with a covered tray of some kind. The front yard and driveway was full of vehicles. Definitely something going on ... As GBC had already been questioned during the afternoon, and they had already searched the house at the start while it was a crime scene,

What can this mean? GBC has revealed something during his questioning? Either voluntarily or accidentally. Otherwise why where they there tonight - there would be no reason why they would have not have searched for anything else at the beginning when they had the chance?

Alternatively, maybe since they have been investigating, since the house had the crime scene tape removed, maybe they have uncovered other info that evoked a need for further searching or testing at the house. But they didnt do it, while playing their cards close to their chest so they could get their ducks in a row and then swoop and arrest him. Depends on what it is they are looking for this time.

Possibly he did say something, but by media reports he is vigorously defending the murder charges, so not likely he has fessed up to something. I think yes maybe now going back with a finer tooth comb so to speak. MOO

I agree kids are resilient. But I don't for one minute believe they easily get over the fact that their father murdered(allegedly at this point) their mother. They are young now, but I feel for them in the rough road they will undoubtedly travel over the coming years. I am glad they are now in the loving arms of their grandparents the Dickies at this time. But that whole family have a very tough time ahead.

Never allow a loss to define your life

Elsewhere, the parents of Gerard Baden-Clay arrived at their Kenmore home about 5.50pm without Baden-Clay's three daughters.

Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay rushed into the house from their car while two neighbours ran to the boot and grabbed their bags before joining them inside.

The Courier-Mail understands Allison Baden-Clay's three daughters were taken to Ferny Grove police station before being picked up by Allison's parents, the Dickies.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/...rged-with-murder/story-fn6ck45n-1226394769098

Perhaps I am over thinking after the big news tonight, but this has me confused. The children have been pretty much been living with Nigel & Elaine at their home. Why would authorities take them from this home and place them with Allison's parents? Are the children being kept away from that house because more arrests will take place from there?

I just got here after hearing from Detect that they charged GBC!

Oh those poor girls and Allison's parents! :tears:

This is my first reaction - now off to read more about what happened and your comments!!!

Morning Kimster...good to see an arrest has been made though bittersweet it is for the girls & Allisons's parents.

Apologies about the bigg mess back there with fireworks & stuff all over the place.... we were a little big bit excited :)

It is unlikely that a firearm, even with a silencer attached, was used to commit the murder. Silencers will soften the sound of a firearm being discharged, but do little to reduce the noise created by the sonic boom caused when the bullet exits the barrel. Hollywood will have us believe that a silencer makes the residual noise of a firearm being discharged almost undetectable or whisper quiet - in real life, the results are far less dramatic.

All my own opinion, of course.

What I think is really quite sad is seeing all this argy bargy happening on here tonight.

Can't everyone just agree on the fact that an arrest in this case is what EVERYONE wanted...police, Allison's parents & friends, the wider community & online communities??

I totally agree but some people just can't help themselves it seems. Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion and to disagree, as imamaze has said, but all the sniping? Why? I'd like to see an extra effort made for harmony, might be nice as a stark contrast to the case itself which is hard enough to cope with.

I just got here after hearing from Detect that they charged GBC!

Oh those poor girls and Allison's parents! :tears:

This is my first reaction - now off to read more about what happened and your comments!!!
Wake up Kimster....

I got a skype at 440am then a text at 5am with the news...now all my mates have gone to bed - hence why I thought I would catch up on the news here....

:rocker:

Yessss....when I read that the cause of death was evident to police the moment they found the body I suspected she was shot too....cos if she had been strangled then I expect her neck would have shown markings....and I would have expected that others would have seen it and everyone else would have been told....but a gun shot in the back/front may have been easily disguised....washed out by the water perhaps....

wot a nutcase he must have been......and to lead everyone on this wild goose chase as has been occuring....just incredible how some peoples minds must work?

who are others you suspect would have seen it? Only police would have been anywhere near close enough to her body where it was found, to make out anything. It would have been a sealed off crime scene. i say stabbing or gunshot--(putting my money maybe on stabbing, but don't know.) Because anything else I think would need an autopsy to determine and would not be visible at the scene.(even stranulation with the decomp would have been hard to see) Couple with blood found in the car. IMO

I drove past the house earlier this evening, there were a couple of police cars, plus several other white vehicles, at least being a sort of small truck with doors at the back, like a custom utility with a covered tray of some kind. The front yard and driveway was full of vehicles. Definitely something going on ... As GBC had already been questioned during the afternoon, and they had already searched the house at the start while it was a crime scene,

What can this mean? GBC has revealed something during his questioning? Either voluntarily or accidentally. Otherwise why where they there tonight - there would be no reason why they would have not have searched for anything else at the beginning when they had the chance?

Alternatively, maybe since they have been investigating, since the house had the crime scene tape removed, maybe they have uncovered other info that evoked a need for further searching or testing at the house. But they didnt do it, while playing their cards close to their chest so they could get their ducks in a row and then swoop and arrest him. Depends on what it is they are looking for this time.

Maybe someone has rolled and told them what to look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder