ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

What I think is really quite sad is seeing all this argy bargy happening on here tonight.

Can't everyone just agree on the fact that an arrest in this case is what EVERYONE wanted...police, Allison's parents & friends, the wider community & online communities??

Yes Marlywings, so very true. There is a long way ahead, but the first big step has been taken. And although its not what anyone wanted it to be or the person they wanted it to be. I think it is a step forward, albeit a very, very sad step. because of the whole situtation.

I don't want to sound harsh but children are amazingly resilient and I believe that they are now in a better, safer place than they were the night this horrible crime was committed.Glass half full type of thinking..

Mr Mahony said it was Baden-Clay’s intention to "defend the charge vigorously".

Is this lawyer talk for "vigorously pin it on someone else"

If, as has been suggested a known criminal was the accomplice, and if money was the motive, who and what does GBC owe money to or for.

I remember someone suggesting something like this very early on and many of us throwing it away as fanciful, but now I wonder. I am your every day average person and I don't know any criminals and nor would I know how to contact any, but obviously GBC did. I wonder who he has been meeting and planning with? $900000 is a lot of money, the premiums must have been enormous. I wonder who made him take the policy out - this is just getting more and more intriguing.

Those poor little girls will never regain what they have lost, at least they won't have to watch any more arguments between mum and dad.

TRUE! WOW! $900k is the equivalent to just over R7,5 MILLION (South African Rand) :what: ~ surely seldom heard of? ~ but what would I know.:waitasec:

Anyhow, in the Scott & Laci Peterson case, yes! he also murdered his own wife (during the last stage of pregnancy with their first born son Connor), Laci's Mom was granted Laci's life insurance the sod had taken out on her life, so hopefully, LET'S ALL PRAY, & maybe even insist by petition if push ever came to shove, that those 3 precious little victims in this absolute horrific real-live nightmare, are awarded every cent of that insurance.:please:
If invested wisely, that should see them through excellent education, some wonderful vacations & deserved fun times too.

:cowcouch:

Yes, luminol. That would explain why they are there in the night time.

It makes you wonder now what the C.O.D was.

I have suspected perhaps stabbing or gunshot. (though shots have never been reported being heard- silencer?). the reason I have had suspicions on this was because of the fact police knew how she was killed shortly after seeing her body where it was discovered. Points to an obvious cause of death and foul play. Despite main stream media reporting 'they believed no visual signs of foul play' thats because police did not want that information out there. I have also suspected there may have been blood found in Allisons car, thats why it was still impounded- there was some evidence- this has now been confirmed as blood being found. MOO

Mr Mahony said it was Baden-Clay’s intention to "defend the charge vigorously".

Is this lawyer talk for "vigorously pin it on someone else"

And AKA "going to screw every last cent out of him for his defence" lol

I don't want to sound harsh but children are amazingly resilient and I believe that they are now in a better, safer place than they were the night this horrible crime was committed.Glass half full type of thinking..

You don't sound harsh at all. Kids are resilient and their family will give them all nurturing and love they need to deal with these horrific circumstances. They have a long road ahead. I'm so relieved they are away from him and now safe with those who will love and protect them.

I am off before my frustration gets the better of me and I make a post that I come to regret. But before I go, just wanted to say a huge thank you to all those who added updates for us from tv news reports etc. tonight. I am OS and only get what goes into the online editions of reports. It is much appriciated :) I look forward to the CM spread tomorrow, which I wont be able to see, but hoping some nice soul might summarise the key facts. Thanks again xx

life insurance itself isn't very expensive other forms of insurance like critical illness etc are much more pricey......I doubt anyone made him take it out.

Greg you look yellow behind the gills......:floorlaugh:

We just got our sunflower avatars up in time.

:what:

angeWhat factors does the court consider? Those asking about bail they probably mean he didn't get bail today. I just went back through news reports and in some of them it says Mr Mahony said Mr Baden-Clay had instructed him to make an urgent bail application. Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go to the Supreme Court. However said:
http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/supreme-court/bail/common-questions

What factors does the court consider?

When considering your application for bail the court may consider whether you:

• are accused of a serious crime
  • have a place to live
  • are employed
  • are of good character and background
  • have previous criminal convictions
  • have breached bail before
  • are likely to appear in court
  • will endanger the safety or welfare of members of the public
  • will interfere with witnesses or otherwise obstruct the course of justice
  • are likely to reoffend.

I just got here after hearing from Detect that they charged GBC!

Oh those poor girls and Allison's parents! :tears:

This is my first reaction - now off to read more about what happened and your comments!!!

TRUE! WOW! $900k is the equivalent to just over R7,5 MILLION (South African Rand) :what: ~ surely seldom heard of? ~ but what would I know.:waitasec:

Anyhow, in the Scott & Laci Peterson case, yes! he also murdered his own wife (during the last stage of pregnancy with their first born son Connor), Laci's Mom was granted Laci's life insurance the sod had taken out on her life, so hopefully, LET'S ALL PRAY, & maybe even insist by petition if push ever came to shove, that those 3 precious little victims in this absolute horrific real-live nightmare, are awarded every cent of that insurance.:please:
If invested wisely, that should see them through excellent education, some wonderful vacations & deserved fun times too.

:cowcouch:

Oh yeah tru....and by the time (all going well and he lands in jail for murder) GBC gets out they will have reached adulthood and he wont get a cent

Im worrying about the upcoming trial....so many murder trials lately seem to see the alleged getting off /acquitted

I have suspected perhaps stabbing or gunshot. (though shots have never been reported being heard- silencer?). the reason I have had suspicions on this was because of the fact police knew how she was killed shortly after seeing her body where it was discovered. Points to an obvious cause of death and foul play. Despite main stream media reporting 'they believed no visual signs of foul play' thats because police did not want that information out there. I have also suspected there may have been blood found in Allisons car, thats why it was still impounded- there was some evidence- this has now been confirmed as blood being found. MOO

Geez, you'd have to be pretty brazen to think you'd get away with stabbing in your own home, forensic evidence and all, lots of blood. I would have thought suffocation, drowning or strangulation to be less messy, and more managable.

I had a friend tell me a couple of weeks ago that NBC was seen on the night sitting at the roundabout in the bus stop crying with his head in his hands at about 3am.....? has anyone else heard of this?

NBC was CRYING? I don't remember that being discussed previously - someone correct me if I'm wrong. That puts a whole different perspective on his involvement. If this is true, and IF he was involved in the coverup, perhaps he was not so willing.

I thought they would have done this ages ago????

But yeah....apparently they are going over the house with a fine tooth comb.....something must be there....

I drove past the house earlier this evening, there were a couple of police cars, plus several other white vehicles, at least one being a sort of small truck with doors at the back, like a custom utility with a covered tray of some kind. The front yard and driveway was full of vehicles. Definitely something going on ... As GBC had already been questioned during the afternoon, and they had already searched the house at the start while it was a crime scene,

What can this mean? GBC has revealed something during his questioning? Either voluntarily or accidentally. Otherwise why where they there tonight - there would be no reason why they would have not have searched for anything else at the beginning when they had the chance?

Alternatively, maybe since they have been investigating, since the house had the crime scene tape removed, maybe they have uncovered other info that evoked a need for further searching or testing at the house. But they didnt do it, while playing their cards close to their chest so they could get their ducks in a row and then swoop and arrest him. Depends on what it is they are looking for this time.

There has been confusion in the print media over several issues in this case. The day her body was found, it was reported on the news that Police would not comment re:signs of foul play or trauma, and I don't believe the police have wavered on this. It certainly opens up the causes from just the suggested strangulation. Now an arrest has been made, I wonder if more will be revealed about C.O.D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow