ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he seems to be very staunch like his mother. She had a thing about checking the mail while the media were there filming.

He's going to need to be staunch. It's not pretty in the Watchhouse and will be a sobering experience, I suspect. And if they transfer him to Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre well it is going to hit hard. Arthur Gorrie is a remand centre, meaning everyone goes there until trial, and as I understand it they are not 'classified' until they are found guilty. So people charged with crimes at all levels are all in together, including many guilty crims who have already done jail time for other crimes but are now on remand for new charges etc. JMO

What about gunpowder residue Brissy? How long would that be detectable on a perps hands, even after washing?

I really dont know? but I usually always get a headache after shooting too much, and thats from the gunpowder....but one shot, or maybe just two?? IDK....I would expect he would have used gloves...but it may have been in his hair?

just remembered how I used to have to go into the mines offices for business up in nth and western qld with my more recent jobs and how many times I would then be got from them detector things at the airport....residual from the detonators in the mines could be detected then....so maybe it does stay for a day or two???....

Re the thud noise with a silencer

A loud thud noise sounds more like a body falling to the ground??? I hadnt been ever informed of it sounding like a thud when using a silencer. And forget the pillow silencing a gun....that is just hollybore stuff.... That being said, I was taught that a sawn off double barrel is a way to muffle the sound of a double barrel shotgun and from memory this makes a thudding sound when shot....???

Although, I would highly doubt that they would have one of them hanging around the house as they are super naughty to have....but I guess the bikies might have them? It makes them appear tougher owning things like that??

The gun powder noise of fireworks is not the same as a normal shot from a gun noise....

On the night in question...Was their much wind or was the air still, was their rain, clouds etc...?

Good on you Inspector Ainsworth & all your good men...you got him... almost eight weeks to the day!!!!...

Big big shout out to the police who worked so hard.I know you still have lots of work to do but from us a BIG THANK YOU. I hope they get to have a little celebration now that someone has been arrested. To Inspector Mark Ainsworth, if only there were more like you. What a job you have, I see the anguish in your face at times and this makes you real. Please if anyone can pass on our thanks to these guys it would be great. As mentioned maybe some sunflowers to the Indro police station would be good?

He's going to need to be staunch. It's not pretty in the Watchhouse and will be a sobering experience, I suspect. And if they transfer him to Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre well it is going to hit hard. Arthur Gorrie is a remand centre, meaning everyone goes there until trial, and as I understand it they are not 'classified' until they are found guilty. So people charged with crimes at all levels are all in together, including many guilty crims who have already done jail time for other crimes but are now on remand for new charges etc. JMO

Yes Arthur Gorrie is a remand centre that also houses sentenced prisoners. It does have a protection unit but I doubt if thats where he will be. Having been in there many times I can guarantee he will not be
comfortable at all.

P.S. I should perhaps mention that I was not in there as a prisoner but in a work related role.

Big big shout out to the police who worked so hard.I know you still have lots of work to do but from us a BIG THANK YOU. I hope they get to have a little celebration now that someone has been arrested. To Inspector Mark Ainsworth, if only there were more like you. What a job you have, I see the anguish in your face at times and this makes you real. Please if anyone can pass on our thanks to these guys it would be great. As mentioned maybe some sunflowers to the Indro police station would be good?

Yes, I agree. We've been saying all along they were working away getting all their ducks in a row, making sure everything is tight before making an arrest, and they appear so far to have done just that. I hope everything holds up but I'm sure QPS & Ainsworth would have made sure they had a bit extra in the tank, a bit more than just the bare necessities. Thank you Inspector Ainsworth & Team, you are just amazing, and good luck with your next steps.

You are right they will have a lot more work to do, there are now the accessories to deal with, so hopefully more arrests to come.

That's a good point but wouldn't the police have been able to grab his DNA from the house or do you have to give permission for your DNA to be taken?

I dont know??? Wouldnt suprise me?

I think the police have to have some substantial evidence before they can take some DNA....

remember that time they made all these prisoners/criminals give cheek swabs for some case back about 5 years or so ago? I know someone was saying that all the public should be done but the police said something like they cant just swab good citizens of society...or something like that...

I don't think I've seen a perp pic where they were wearing a tie before.

Yeah Kimster, he's all class! :maddening: I hope they took that tie off him before locking him up. :what:

I dont know??? Wouldnt suprise me?

I think the police have to have some substantial evidence before they can take some DNA....

remember that time they made all these prisoners/criminals give cheek swabs for some case back about 5 years or so ago? I know someone was saying that all the public should be done but the police said something like they cant just swab good citizens of society...or something like that...

I remember the murder on Norfolk Island a few year back where the police asked the residents of the island to come forward so that a DNA swab could be taken. Apparently not everyone did. Ironically the murderer did come forward but his DNA wasn't what convicted him.

Off topic, I know.

I need sleep.

This is disgusting but a work collegue who hubby was a cop, told me that the walls are smeared with snot, poo and all kids of revolting stuff; and NO ONE CLEANS IT...

Some interesting points IMO:

- Charged with murder and not manslaughter (not accidental!)
- Girls allegedly living until today in NBC's house, but now released to the Dickies (Why? ... more to come?)
- If blood was found in one of the cars (presumably the Captiva), then she was not strangled nor suffocated (knife? ... which would be horrendous)
- Dickies seems to have been expecting GBC to be charged (their statement tonight does not indicate any surprise at who the arrested person is)
- GBC in handcuffs in back of car looks arrogant and defiant
- IMO he will be granted bail as he is not a danger to the community
- If he is bailed out, will he have the right to have the girls live with him again?
- If not, DOCS should ensure he only has supervised visitation
- IMO, his arrogant attitude makes me feel he will not confess and could even find a way out (travel or other self-inflicted)
- New alleged accomplice being a crim? I'm not sure about this ... still think it would be someone closer to him
- Searching a body of water - looking for murder weapon (knife?)
- Searching his home again (I don't think he would have volunteered any info this afternoon) - could an accomplice have given police some more clues as to what to look for?
- $900k insurance policy - originally rumour was $600k. Difference is $300k, which is what apparently was injected into the business/new mortgage on NBCs house. Could this insurance have more than one beneficiary as a condition of lending the $300k to the business? NBC/EBC not wanting to provide funds unless insurance policy is increased by the $300k?

May have been discussed but wondering if it was possibly blunt force trauma to the head.... Would cause bleeding I would think from mouth/nose but maybe not an excessive amount of blood. Just thinking out loud.... Can't stop thinking about the little girls, such a horrible thought of what they must be going through :(

Yeah Kimster, he's all class! :maddening: I hope they took that tie off him before locking him up. :what:
<modsnip>

re the crying in the bus stop at 1am in the morning...?

I heard it was nursers who saw him and stopped to see if he was alright....? cos it looked odd to see some old tosser sitting in their by himself crying at that time of the morning...and he started saying crap about his son????

Was this discussed in the earlier posts? Or was it just another wild rumour?

I never got to read the earlier posts....

- Charged with murder and not manslaughter (not accidental!)
- Girls allegedly living until today in NBC's house, but now released to the Dickies (Why? ... more to come?)
- If blood was found in one of the cars (presumably the Captiva), then she was not strangled nor suffocated (knife? ... which would be horrendous)
- Dickies seems to have been expecting GBC to be charged (their statement tonight does not indicate any surprise at who the arrested person is)
- GBC in handcuffs in back of car looks arrogant and defiant
- IMO he will be granted bail as he is not a danger to the community
- If he is bailed out, will he have the right to have the girls live with him again?
- IMO, his arrogant attitude makes me feel he will not confess and could even find a way out (travel or other self-inflicted)
- New alleged accomplice being a crim? I'm not sure about this ... still think it would be someone closer to him
- Searching his home again (I don't think he would have volunteered any info this afternoon) - could an accomplice have given police some more clues as to what to look for?
- $900k insurance policy - originally rumour was $600k. Difference is $300k, which is what apparently was injected into the business/new mortgage on NBCs house. Could this insurance have more than one beneficiary as a condition of lending the $300k to the business? NBC/EBC not wanting to provide funds unless insurance policy is increased by the $300k?

I missed the part about the new accomplice being a criminal! Do you have a link to that before go as far as to speculate? :tyou:

- Charged with murder and not manslaughter (not accidental!) murder meaning he meant to do it....not reacted from a situation where he could have been killed...
- Dickies seems to have been expecting GBC to be charged (their statement tonight does not indicate any surprise at who the arrested person is)well....I saw them in that press conference where the mother got up and cried and cried....I knew then she suspected the husband....mothers know.
- GBC in handcuffs in back of car looks arrogant and defianthe looks scared too...lol and he looks annoyed cos he must be worried that someones dobbed him in
- IMO he will be granted bail as he is not a danger to the community there are more than this point for bail grant to be successful....could he alter the course of justice if allowed out...is one of them....
- If he is bailed out, will he have the right to have the girls live with him again? YES
- Searching his home again (I don't think he would have volunteered any info this afternoon) - could an accomplice have given police some more clues as to what to look for?check this out....Im thinking there is more to this than meets the eye http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8482060/COLOR]

weird stuff alright.....
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8482060

I missed the part about the new accomplice being a criminal! Do you have a link to that before go as far as to speculate? :tyou:

Sorry, no link. It was reported by another poster tonight around page twenty-something (info they received from a police officer apparently tonight). It's a rumour at this stage.

Sorry, no link. It was reported by another poster tonight around page twenty-something (info they received from a police officer apparently tonight). It's a rumour at this stage.

I'll wait then. We aren't to speculate on rumors.

This is disgusting but a work collegue who hubby was a cop, told me that the walls are smeared with snot, poo and all kids of revolting stuff; and NO ONE CLEANS IT...

Yes, I've heard that too, mainly about the snot. (I'm blocking it out of my mind - NOW!)

And the watchhouse is notorious for the most minimal of facilities and access to anyone - comes as a huge shock for most people. Tonight will be the start of a new low in bad nights for him I'm certain.

That is interesting....He looks like the sort who would hire someone to do his dirty work....

but,

if your going to do such a thing....wouldnt you schedule yourself to be outta town at the time????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06