Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me while I go off topic. :D

I made you guys a smiley.

:cheers:

Excuse me while I go off topic. :D

I made you guys a smiley.

Wow, you are very clever .. thanks! (I like your new look surrounded by sunflowers).

It's 3:05 am!! I off to bed. Good night all.

Wow, you are very clever .. thanks! (I like your new look surrounded by sunflowers).

It's 3:05 am!! I off to bed. Good night all.

:blushing: I didn't create the graphic, I just added it on our forum for y'all.

:grouphug:

A few comments on this -

Some interesting points IMO:

- Charged with murder and not manslaughter (not accidental!)
- Girls allegedly living until today in NBC's house, but now released to the Dickies (Why? ... more to come?)

I believe GBC had moved back home with the girls for some time, they hadn't continued living at NBC's place.

- If blood was found in one of the cars (presumably the Captiva), then she was not strangled nor suffocated (knife? ... which would be horrendous)
Could still have been strangled or drowned in bath, or combination of both - blood could have been due to other factors not COD (eg hand or hands cut off as was mentioned early on - only rumour but i have heard this again recently through a friend of a close insider - still could be rumour but worth considering)

- Dickies seems to have been expecting GBC to be charged (their statement tonight does not indicate any surprise at who the arrested person is)
I've only seen one statement and it was a repeat of the original statement they made after body was found - not a new statement. Was there another one?

- GBC in handcuffs in back of car looks arrogant and defiant
Personally I thought he looked like he was blocking things out to deal with the pain - despite his apparent intentions to fight the charges i still think life is hell for him right now

- IMO he will be granted bail as he is not a danger to the community
- If he is bailed out, will he have the right to have the girls live with him again?
Not sure, i dont think so because he has been charged. For the girls welfare and the uncertainty of the result I think it would be decided that they are best not to be subject to further disruption of staying with him and anything related to his upcoming trial

- If not, DOCS should ensure he only has supervised visitation
I'm sure any type of contact would now be supervised
- IMO, his arrogant attitude makes me feel he will not confess and could even find a way out (travel or other self-inflicted)
I agree, so far he has shown he is desperate to avoid any consequences.

- New alleged accomplice being a crim? I'm not sure about this ... still think it would be someone closer to him
- Searching a body of water - looking for murder weapon (knife?)
- Searching his home again (I don't think he would have volunteered any info this afternoon) - could an accomplice have given police some more clues as to what to look for?
- $900k insurance policy - originally rumour was $600k. Difference is $300k, which is what apparently was injected into the business/new mortgage on NBCs house. Could this insurance have more than one beneficiary as a condition of lending the $300k to the business? NBC/EBC not wanting to provide funds unless insurance policy is increased by the $300k?

Agree, I have same questions, comments about the rest of the points.

Good post, let me know what you think of anything relevant I have raised.

:tyou::yesss:

Just got caught up reading and wanted to echo everyone's feeling of glad the arrest but sorry for the babies.

My hubby and I have been discussing this case all day (he asks me everyday if there has been any news!) We just want to know what "footy" is? We are big sports fans! :behindbar

Can't wait for more news!

I'm off to bed too. Will be praying for the sweet little girls.

Kimster, I love your sunflowers too, and thanks for adding them. :)

:tyou::yesss:

Just got caught up reading and wanted to echo everyone's feeling of glad the arrest but sorry for the babies.

My hubby and I have been discussing this case all day (he asks me everyday if there has been any news!) We just want to know what "footy" is? We are big sports fans! :behindbar

Can't wait for more news!

Sooner Fan.....Footy is short for football...

2 states out of Australia play a game of rugby (its played in England) they play 3 times a year NSW against QLD and during our night time they played the 3rd. http://www.nrl.com/Default.aspx

The rest of the states play An Australian game of football, which has many more followers....you can also find it scattered across the country of usa.

just in case your interested...here is a link: http://www.usafl.com/

and here is the main one in Australia http://www.afl.com.au/

Sooner Fan.....Footy is short for football...

2 states out of Australia play a game of rugby (its played in England) they play 3 times a year NSW against QLD and during our night time they played the 3rd. http://www.nrl.com/Default.aspx

The rest of the states play An Australian game of football, which has many more followers....you can also find it scattered across the country of usa.

just in case your interested...here is a link: http://www.usafl.com/

and here is the main one in Australia http://www.afl.com.au/

Thanks! I'll check it out! We love "footy" :woohoo:

Thought this one was worth "bumping"

Thank you for stating this robynandbessie.

Also, considering I didn't get a reply from this poster I am wondering if the below has any basis?

"Originally Posted by mum73
View Post
** snipped **
For all posters, please take care in what you discuss here and be aware that some of you through kind deeds/sleuthing have already inadvertently revealed who you are, both to authorities and to those who may take offence to some of the comments published here.
"

Could all of the bush lawyers please go back to the bush. I have spent my life in law enforcement and find all of these so called 'legal rules' being listed in this forum just ridiculous.

We actually have freedom of speech in this country. If you are not a witness nor involved in any practical way in the case you can express an opinion. Defamation is also not easy to establish as there has to be an intention to defame and a departure from the truth. Do you think the person charged in this case will be launching civil actions against a multitude of commentators? Pleeeease.

Just ensure you abide by the rules of this forum. Stop lecturing on legal principles that either don't exist or don't apply.

I have asked my contact re bail and they think he will be released on bail.

I hope not.

He would also be assessed by the Court Liaison mental health team in the Watchhouse as to risk of harm to himself and others. I would assume that this would be a key consideration for granting of bail.

Also hope that his parents , in particular, NBC, also have support from MH service to assess either one's risk of harm to themselves. Would hate to see this tragedy claim other lives that could also be used by Defence as scapegoats if you get my drift.

Thanks! I'll check it out! We love "footy" :woohoo:

Oh and just to help you follow Aussie Rules footy...

remember this team...COLLINGWOOD they are the best!

here is their website

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/

Their sister team is the New York city Magpies....:fence:

come september Collingwood will be in the play offs and win the whole thing most likely...!

Subjudice is basically a restriction on what the media can do while a criminal proceeding is under way. It’s a protocol which has evolved to try and limit the pressure that can be put on witnesses in criminal matters who may be influenced or intimidated by what is reported in the press. Courts, witnesses and juries ought to do their jobs based on the evidence put before them, not on the basis of things said outside the court. That’s a fair and reasonable position. Individuals do, of course, talk about criminal matters and that’s fair and reasonable too. People are entitled to form opinions and to express them. A balance has to be struck between these two competing interests. Generally the courts have done an excellent job at striking that balance. Those most affected by the subjudice protocols are journalists and the publishers they work for. That makes perfect sense given that the role of the media is to distribute information and opinion in a much wider and, usually, commercial context.

There has been some predictable debate and uncertainty in recent years about how the subjudice protocols should apply to internet based media, both commercial and informal. As far as I know, internet fora such as this one have yet to fall afoul of the common law subjudice rules in Australia. And in my personal opinion only, we are unlikely to see them become so liable unless it can be established that there is some deliberate agenda on behalf of forum owners and operators to deliberately influence a trial or witness.

As for individual forum contributors, in my personal view only, I wouldn’t worry about the coppers knocking on your door and threatening you with a subjudice contempt charge. The rules are aimed squarely at the publishers. That doesn’t mean that you should just ignore the whole issue of potentially influencing a trial unfairly of course.

We want people to be convicted on the basis of admissible evidence, not largely uninformed personal opinion. We don’t want to live in a community where people get off on threatening those charged with offences or by screaming for blood. 99% of people understand that though. And jurors are people like you and me. We aint morons. When a judge tells us to come to a decision based on the evidence we hear in the court we know that’s important and we are decent enough to do that.

If journalists think your deliberations and sharing with each other on this forum is primarily a vehicle for them to study you then that’s a bit sad given that most posters seem to be here to empathise with Allison and her family. But don’t be told what to think and feel with vague threats about subjudice.

Defamation. Most lawyers I know dread the client who comes in wanting to sue someone for defamation. They almost always underestimate the time, resources and money that go into getting a defamation matter in to court and significantly overestimate how much they will get in damages. That’s not to say that you can’t be sued for harming someone’s reputation by what you say on the net, but common sense will usually help you decide what’s appropriate and what isn’t.

All this is just IMO and MOO. If you think you are at some legal risk then go see a lawyer, don’t base your understanding of the law on stuff you see written by anonymous posters on the net. But by the same token don’t be bullied or scared into thinking your feelings and beliefs are not valid or welcome. We are all human being and humans are full of passion. Sometimes that passion makes us do awful things (like kill people) and sometimes it makes us do beautiful things (like put flowers on a bridge).

3 cheers for Hawkins. Hip hip Hip hip Hooray :cheers:
You little spunk!!!!
You know quite a few of us have a big crush on you ; )

Well CJ I hope our little love triangle doesn't make the news ; )

Guess what - we don't care Hawkins is not a verified professional!

In fact, I think i'm in love with him! :blushing:
Love your work.........

3 cheers for Hawkins. Hip hip Hip hip Hooray :cheers:
You little spunk!!!!
You know quite a few of us have a big crush on you ; )
Love your work.........

Wots goin on Curiouscat??? in the many days of posts to which ive been absent, has there been some looney's suggesting we can be done for defamation?

Wots goin on Curiouscat??? in the many days of posts to which ive been absent, has there been some looney's suggesting we can be done for defamation?

We aren't discussing that here. It's been a problem. Go to the threadiquette if you want to discuss.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122498"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yesterday, something rather magical happened.

All at once, a bunch of members on a crime sleuthing site came together to stand as one, and display an image based on a sunflower. Like a stance of solidarity, this convergence was also the result of (sometimes tumultuous) non-ending discussion for 8 weeks surrounding the circumstances of Allison Dickie Baden-Clay's last hours.
But yesterday, while Websleuth's members were focussed on honouring Allison's spirit, Det. Mark Ainsworth was preparing his team for The Arrest.
Synchronicity, something Annie might have mentioned along the way.
We do await another arrest and clarification of the motive.
There will be lots to discuss over the coming weeks.
The full sadness and horror of this case hasn't hit me yet. It will.

I also wonder about all those other missing people around Oz, particularly Tina Greer(sp?) where is she? What happened to the poor lass?
But yes, some justice has been served for Allison, rest in peace.

We have missed you.
It has been suggested we all be very careful what we say on here. Especially from now on. Legal reasons apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria