ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking the photos of the sunflower cross....I have one on my desktop....

Me too!

Oh, and that wasn't me on the TV! I had a feeling the media might be out at the bridge today - so I visited very early this morning!

Yes but they had a whole week to do that back when it was a crime scene...forensics would have been all over the whole house with luminol back then.

Well I feel somethings shifted, either by interviews...don't suppose he would say anything though, or by another perp who has rolled.......it all happened and was organised to grab him and remove kids very quickly.......maybe he was going to do a runner/ bought tickets / upgraded childrens passports????? JMO and MOO

I thought that at first too but then on reflection changed my mind.

I've been through the arrest/charge procedure several times (not for me but as an observer!!) and the police follow their procedure to the letter each and every time. The accused is photographed, fingerprinted and swabbed for DNA. In one case the accused refused and the swab was forceably taken by four officers. (This wasn't in QLD and procedures for non compliance maybe different.)

I don't think QPS, in this case, would depart from the laid down procedure given so much is at stake. IMO there is another reason they want the hair.

Any ex QLD police give us a bit more guidance perhaps?

No can't say I personally have experience. But I do have ex police(& detective) in family. I can't say for certain, but this case may not be usual run of the mill arrest and charge. From what I read it was the first time they have really moved to secure the DNA. Although there was a charge sheet and he had been arrested yesterday, today was the day he was facing the charges in court and DNA was requested. I don't know obviously the ins and out of the case, just stating my opinion on it.

I don't really know why else they would need the hair, if in fact they have DNA already. DNA is the key, finding hair or anything under the nails relating to GBC, Iam not sure of the use of length of hair etc when they have access to DNA- which would tell them so much.

Wasnt it reported somewhere that Mr and Mrs Dickie went to the home and cleaned it ready for GBC and the girls to move back home?
I think I remember that!Didn't they also fix up the Garden?

Got Channel 9 on ready to hear the rest of that interview - will be interesting to see what OW is doing. If she spoke it will be telling!!!!

I think they would be looking for GBC's DNA simply because they would like to compare it too the rest of his family to get a baseline!!!!

Imo, It is quite possible that ABC did have " beard stubble and roots " under finger nails.

IMO : The police would want to take a sample of the accused persons beard "at a growth stage " similar to the time , the horrible event took place.

Me too!

Oh, and that wasn't me on the TV! I had a feeling the media might be out at the bridge today - so I visited very early this morning!

Oh I can just imagine you standing there as the camera crew rolls up with a dazed "Olivia" look on your face lolol.

Upon reception at Arthur Gorrie he will HAVE TO submit to a blood test. He will get an initial phone call......ET phone home.....that is if it is approved.

I guess i'm just surprised that someone who has been charged with murder is not just automatically required to give blood samples, etc. Up until being charged is quite understandable, but this seems like human rights gone crazy.

I found a link and from what I can tell, saliva is non intimate also. I think intimate is blood and semen....hold on I'll find the link.

True. As far as the court was concerned in this case it was stated to be non-initimate- not from any body orifice. This would include the mouth.

"An orifice is any opening, mouth, hole or vent, as of a pipe, plate, or a body. Body orifice, any opening in the body of an animal" from wikipedia.

Maybe they are putting him in a line up for possible witnesses. Much harder for witnesses to recognize a man with a beard, if he didnt have a beard when they saw him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee