ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just seen your post as follows:

Good one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought this one was worth "bumping"

Thank you for stating this robynandbessie.

Also, considering I didn't get a reply from this poster I am wondering if the below has any basis?

"Originally Posted by mum73 View Post
** snipped **
For all posters, please take care in what you discuss here and be aware that some of you through kind deeds/sleuthing have already inadvertently revealed who you are, both to authorities and to those who may take offence to some of the comments published here."
I could not find your original question, so not sure exactly what you wanted me to reply to.

I was saying that I think people should take care in what they are posting.
I have seen posts where people have sleuthed (and named) people who should never have been sleuthed; made personal criticisms on peoples appearances/behaviours; posted comments about wishing personal harm to others; and totally unfounded accusations against family members and friends of the accused and the victim.

I pointed out that some people on here have revealed who they are by mentioning personal information and their actions. Please remember, this site is visible to many (including legal types, sickos and even those who would want to take advantage of when you're out of the house).

But my main concern is the health and well being of some posters here. There are some people on this forum who have openly stated that this case is having a serious impact on their daily lives, despite not having any personal involvement in it. I worry that a major twist in the case, threat of legal action or even bad press about what has been discussed here; could have a negative impact on these posters.

This is my opinion only. Take it as you wish, but it was not intended as legal advice. I'm sorry if you take offence to the fact that I would have concern for other posters.

Also i put a message on here last night about what the police state...
WARNING While we always encourage and enjoy receiving comments and feedback , we must remind our 91,000 fans that we cannot tolerate comments that might defame, discriminate, offend, interfere with privacy or infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights. We also remind people not to pre-judge investigations or judicial proceedings
For example, if we post an update about a person being charged with a serious offence, it is simply not appropriate to say the person should be “locked up” or make similar prejudicial comments, because they infer the person is guilty before they have had the right to a fair trial. Such comments may jeopardise a court case, and you could also face a serious charge of contempt of court.

Thank you ANGEL1. We need to be aware of this clear message. They have also given examples of what to avoid saying. Appreciated.

Sometimes these 'friends' are people you don't even know, for example scammers or people wanting to sell things, who try to 'friend' everyone on facebook.

:pullhair:

If you don't know them, then you don't accept their "friends request".

OMG I only just noticed the wording change to this thread.... such a nice change.

ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

Latest just now from Twitter (@alisonsandy)...

BREAKING: Gerard Baden-Clay has returned to the dock in Brisbane Magistrates Court about 40 minutes after his first appearance..

interesting.....

more from Twitter...

BREAKING: Gerard Baden-Clay consented to a police forensic order to obtain his DNA through his lawyer

Someone tweeted (perhaps a local) that the media was all over the front of the school in Brookfield this morning. I find this very disturbing!! Firstly, I doubt the girls will be in school today (probably on the Gold Coast now) and secondly, they have nothing to do with this. They are kids for Christ sake!!!

It will be interesting to find out what their legal argument would be for seeking bail for their client?

Maybe that he is'a good upstanding citizen', or that he is the 'sole carer for his three young daughters', or that they will argue that 'on the basis of evidence provided to them to date an outcome of manslaughter is more likely than an outcome of murder'?

Also I did not think that bail could be granted for serious murder charges IMO.
If he were to be granted bail someone other than his family would have to give the surety, and given that most of his acquaintances appear to have massive mortgages this could be a difficulty.
All IMOO

From Aussie website : http://www.ezine.aussielawyer.com.au/Art/366964/185/What-You-Need-To-Know-About-Bail-And-Bail-Bonds.html

The above link is worth a quick read, but goes something like this :

"When a person commits a certain crime, he or she will be arrested by the police. Depending on the severity and the seriousness of the crime, he or she can either be released immediately or he/she will be held in jail until a bail is posted........

..............The suspect has the right to be released on bail for most criminal offenses except murder or other violent crimes. .....the amount of bail is usually set for thousands of dollars thus average individuals are unable to pay for it. This is why most suspects seek the help of bail bonds service on his or her behalf. The bond is usually obtained though a bail bond company."

If the above link is correct, why is the Lawyer asking for Bail??? (could be another 10 hours he can charge for, even if no result !!). We need someone who can shed some light on this bail application ?? Any legal eagles on-line ??

:jail:

more from Twitter...

BREAKING: Gerard Baden-Clay consented to a police forensic order to obtain his DNA through his lawyer

I thought it was reported last night that he had consented to provide sample for DNA already? Maybe misreported yesterday!

I was thinking maybe the relocation of Allison's body would justify this second charge, but from a quick look, this type of charge doesn't appear to include the disposal of a body. But it DOES include removal of body parts.

Actually, just read a bit more and it seems there could be justification for this charge in terms of the MANNER in which her body was handled after her death.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data...proper-interference-with-a-corpse-s-236-b.pdf

I have been following this thread from day one; but have only just become a member.

Could the charge of Interfering with a Corpse relate to perhaps, a change of clothing? (ie - the walking gear which GBC stated she was wearing and in which she was found?)

If you don't know them, then you don't accept their "friends request".

GBC (in my opinion), would accept anyone. The more 'friends' the better he looks, and I think he is all about 'looks'. Besides, he is a Real Estate Agent, the more people who listen to him the more possible sales or listings.

:jail:

I noticed that sometime in the last couple of weeks, GBC changed his Facebook info to read "Marital status: Widowed". Just noticed this this morning ...

alisonsandy‏@alisonsandy

Gerard Baden-Clay's family were not in court. Outside, his lawyer said his client maintained his innocence and would be applying for bail.

I have been following this thread from day one; but have only just become a member.

Could the charge of Interfering with a Corpse relate to perhaps to a change of clothing? (ie - the walking gear which GBC stated she was wearing and in which she was found?)

Was just about to post that. I have always felt that he changed her clothes.

Latest Twitter from @alisonsandy

Magistrate Liz Hall said she was prepared to grant the order.

So now Gerard has consented to the police obtaining his DNA through his lawyer. Won't the actual processing his DNA take a while?

Alison Sandy tweet 5 minutes ago: His family was NOT in court today. Outside court, his lawyer said his client maintains his innocence and would be applying for bail.

The pic of him in car with handcuffs really creeps me out!... Also looking back at his pic's at funeral now, he looks extremely stressed out, like wth have I done.. Would bet he hasn't slept to much for the last 8 weeks... Wondering what TM is thinking? Kind of reminds me of Scott Peterson... Also does anyone know will her children be eligible to receive her life insurance? TIA

Could the charge of Interfering with a Corpse relate to perhaps to a change of clothing? (ie - the walking gear which GBC stated she was wearing and in which she was found?)

:welcome:

Nice to have you with us Caressa. Sorry, can't answer your question though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13