ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that should be a personal choice and you can choose to do that if you like

edited to say in case you are sensitive that this is not an attack.

No worries lovey....I didnt take it as an attack.

I stand by my words, but am honestly unsure of what they can consider to be harmful to the case, or libel to GBC etc.

In relation to the deleting of posts....Once the thread is closed, we cant delete it, I dont think. There have been a few of my posts that I have thought. 'Hmmm I wouldnt mind deleting that one'....Have gone to the post and cant, because a new thread has opened. I even wondered if WB do that to ensure people can't delete their posts (not meant as a criticism to WS, moreso an observation of ensuring the poster is accountable for the post, rather than WB themselves....Which is fair enough).

"I was a little bit hurt. But I'm OK."

I think we can see a pattern here - the very same thing happened straight after ABC went missing and he was asked to turn up at the police station - he became quite unstable - oops no wait - - sorry--- the pole was poking out and got him and he had to see doctors at the hospital for a coupla days cause he was a little bit hurt.....

and now he has some more trauma that hasn't occurred through physical but mental trial and he is not coping - perhaps he should have thort about that before he unceremoniously decided that his wife allegedly needed to be removed from his life.

Sickening how much of a coward he seems to be - I agree Saphhire Steel - I hope that his charade of unwellness is something the judge can see straight through. Hopefully if he looks like he could self harm they will deny bail.

BTW twas me that 'suggested' that OW's kids were not at the funeral. I had seen pictures of ABC's sister and what I thought to be her kids but not OW's or so I thought this was my hearsay.....

Also I don't think ABC's best friend is wearing the green - she is wearing red/black dress and is the one in the photo with OW giving her a hug. OW looks quite afflicted in the photo despite her cover up sunnies. JMHO

I have to agree that his boo hoo I want to kill myself act might back fire on him and will work against him in his bail hearing.

I think we can see a pattern here - the very same thing happened straight after ABC went missing and he was asked to turn up at the police station - he became quite unstable - oops no wait - - sorry--- the pole was poking out and got him and he had to see doctors at the hospital for a coupla days cause he was a little bit hurt.....

and now he has some more trauma that hasn't occurred through physical but mental trial and he is not coping - perhaps he should have thort about that before he unceremoniously decided that his wife allegedly needed to be removed from his life.

It is a shame he wasnt as emotional when his wife was missing.

So hes wandering around town one minute, looking fine and dandy thankyou, but the minute he's arrested he's in need of hospital care?

Yeah right.

Typical of the cowardly murderer. Hide behind your doctors. It's only delaying the inevitable.
To my understanding, but when first put in prison, all prisoners get put into medical care and medically assessed.

Not sure how many days prisoners are held there for in the medical unit, but in his case it sounds like they will keep him there until his bail hearing.

I tried looking up for more information about this, but couldn't find any so am not sure if this is the usual thing that is done or not.

Mr Baden-Clay has been in the medical wing since his transfer to the prison at Wacol.

There is no suggestion Mr Baden-Clay is under any watch orders, as risk assessments are standard procedure.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/bade...ppeal-nears-20120616-20he5.html#ixzz1y2Ln42Wv

Right now I'm of the opinion that after a killer has been convicted and consigned to his luxury suite, a permanent element of that luxury suite's decor should be a blown-up photograph of the victim's remains, so that the killer knows precisely WHY he's incarcerated in his comfortable abode (all provided: dental, medical, roof, all necessities, food, clothing, etc. etc.)

I believe right at this moment that convicted killers should be compelled to live with the results of their acts

.. and should have to LIVE with the reality of the victim's final condition -- in the same way those who discovered the body and those whose job it is to retrieve and process victims' bodies are compelled to live with the results of the convicted killer's acts

Right now, I believe convicted killers should have at least as many disturbing flash-backs and sleepless nights as do police, coroners, forensic scientists, undertakers AND the victims' families as well

At the moment I believe that forcing convicted killers to have to SEE what they did every living hour, should be mandatory as should minimum sentences for murder, which in my opinion should be mandatory minimum terms of NOT LESS THAN 50 years

All my opinions

Mr Walton read a brief passage from the bible at the funeral service.
Thanks for that. I haven't looked at any of the funeral pictures and even if I did, I'd have no clue who was who and can only go by what anyone says. Pays me to play catch up and read the whole thread first before I post. Stuffed that one I did...

Either way, I hardly think there are pictures of everyone who attended the funeral so one might think a certain family member wasn't there when it fact they were.

I think he is being kept in the observation ward so every one can see .. that is, OBSERVE, how addiction to a cell phone can drive a person nutso once that artifact is removed.

great research and and I hope its published. With pictures, please.

Perhaps it is the police (not the prisoner) who have requested that the prison authorities keep Mr Baden-Clay in the medical ward for this time in order to make a carefully documented assessment of his physical/mental health.

Given the gravity of the charges and the public interest in the case it would seem prudent to do this IMO.

Right now I'm of the opinion that after a killer has been convicted and consigned to his luxury suite, a permanent element of that luxury suite's decor should be a blown-up photograph of the victim's remains, so that the killer knows precisely WHY he's incarcerated in his comfortable abode (all provided: dental, medical, roof, all necessities, food, clothing, etc. etc.)

I believe right at this moment that convicted killers should be compelled to live with the results of their acts

.. and should have to LIVE with the reality of the victim's final condition -- in the same way those who discovered the body and those whose job it is to retrieve and process victims' bodies are compelled to live with the results of the convicted killer's acts

Right now, I believe convicted killers should have at least as many disturbing flash-backs and sleepless nights as do police, coroners, forensic scientists, undertakers AND the victims' families as well

At the moment I believe that forcing convicted killers to have to SEE what they did every living hour, should be mandatory as should minimum sentences for murder, which in my opinion should be mandatory minimum terms of NOT LESS THAN 50 years

All my opinions
I agree. Especially for murderers who don't ever confess and show no remorse.

I think he is being kept in the observation ward so every one can see .. that is, OBSERVE, how addiction to a cell phone (and any other addictions the observed may be addicted to/reliant upon) can drive a person nutso once that artifact is removed.

great research and and I hope its published. With pictures, please.

Note: Additions in red by laserdisc10

IMO I think this is a very interesting case for Qld...

... this is among the first to receive a great deal of social media attention, other than the Daniel Morcombe case, and peoples emotions and their own personal situations/environments appear to come to the fore. It is interesting Fairfax have decided to alter their Business structure and made an announcement this morning

...The QPS job is so much more difficult these days, in saying that, is that a good or bad thing, a bit of both I suppose, but really it demonstrates one important point, times ara a changing whether we like it or not and we either adapt or get left behind Thoughts

The South Australian case of triple murderer,Jason Alexander DOWNIE, received much social media commentary on websleuths and aussie criminals, twitter, facebook and other blogs. That case did not seem to be subject to threats of defamation like this one. There was a Court ordered supression order on information, but locals still managed to get it out there via social media despite the suppression order. Social media provided an important place for people to express their outrage and grief about that horrific murder of a 16 year old girl and her parents in the family home.

Channel 10 5pm news...GBC has had no visitors apart from his lawyer

Note: Additions in red by laserdisc10

(and any other addictions the observed may be addicted to/reliant upon) (laserdisc)

ooo very neat, laser, and something that just slipped my mind!!... oh yes.

June 18, 2012 4:11PM

GERARD Baden-Clay will remain in Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre's medical facility until his bail application is heard on Thursday but he will not be allowed to receive any visitors other than his lawyer.
Queensland Corrective Services (QCS) said the decision not to move the 41 year-old into a cell follows his medical assessment.

Mr Baden-Clay was last week charged with the murder of his wife, Allison, who he reported missing on April 20, and interference with a corpse.

His lawyer Darren Mahony yesterday visited his client at the Wacol facility but any other prospective visitors must first apply to the prison's general manager and be subjected to a criminal history check, according to QCS.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bail-application/story-e6freonf-1226398961608

In the reading of the sentence, the judge includes the coroners report, the medical examners report, the conclusions of these officers, the police report, the witnesses credibility, either good or bad, the demeanor of the accused, the mental reports from the court appointed phsycs, the victims families statements, the areas of known and unknown factors, the weight of credibility given to each and every statement made by witnesses, and , should he/she so choose, the now convicted person.

They are public documents and can be accessed freely.. what has to be paid for and its usually quite a substantial sum is a transcript of the trial itself, this takes a bit longer, and is thoroughly gone over for a few weeks for accuracy and repitition, etc. but that is available to any citizen upon payment of the usual fee. Sometimes its around $300 to $1000 and up , depending on the length, number of appearances, etc, a whole lot of factors.
TROOPER: I am thankful for your posts because they provide much useful information to us ordinary citizens e.g. AustLII and where transcripts can be purchased etc.

The South Australian case of triple murderer,Jason Alexander DOWNIE, received much social media commentary on websleuths and aussie criminals, twitter, facebook and other blogs. That case did not seem to be subject to threats of defamation like this one. There was a Court ordered supression order on information, but locals still managed to get it out there via social media despite the suppression order. Social media provided an important place for people to express their outrage and grief about that horrific murder of a 16 year old girl and her parents in the family home.

Thank you for providing valuable perspective

I agree with what you've written

Ever since humans squatted in caves, they've communicated. Communication is hard wired in humans. It's why language developed

People have always voiced their opinions - over the fence, on the street, in the workplace, on buses and trains, via phone, in public places, through the print and televised media, etc. Always

Someone posted recently that the numbers of murders per thousand in Australia have remained pretty much constant in the years, for example, 1907 and 1997. Many of us remember many of those murder cases and can remember how it was then before social media

When Graham Thorn was kidnapped and brutally murdered back in the 1960's, thousands of people made their way to the street in which he'd lived. Enterprising others sold coffee, newspapers, ice-creams etc. to those crowds

The print media and tv indulged in sensationalistic updates and devoted hours to coverage which was saturation, Australia wide

As result, discussion of the case was encouraged. It was impossible not to know about the case, so intense was main stream media coverage

Where were those complaining about 'influencing the trial' back then ?

Where were police warning the public not to discuss the case back then ?

Why don't these 'concerned legal people' admit that because of social media -- the mainstream news isn't making the same sort of profit from grisly crimes as they used to and the mainstream media is angry about that and trying every trick in the book to regain it's profitable edge, using 'legal experts' as their tool ?

How long has social media been mainstream? What -- ten years? Less?

So suddenly social media is being portrayed as the villain of the piece -- yet for thousands of years, people have voiced their opinions, speculations etc., about crime -- and for thousands of years, this public voicing of opinion has NOT been seen to 'prevent a fair trial'. Obviously -- because they've still managed to form juries

We're supposed to accept and preach to others now though, that 'social media' could jeoparise fair trials ? Lol. I'm not buying the argument. It's see through. I regard all the blather about the detrimental effects of social media as bulldust, as hoopla, being spun by people who want to sell their latest book or want to create a new job for themselves vetting social media

All my opinions
Laserdisc10,

Great to see you back! and couldn't agree more.

Anyone that thinks they can get away with murder should be made to realise 'there will be consequences for your actions' ....

I agree wholeheartedly! :maddening:
I know, right? My partner is SES too. Several friends were in the ABC search. One of the SES boats which was not part of the search went up Kholo Ck within 100 metres of ABC's final location on a training mission over the weekend before she was found. Annoying......a deliberate silence, allowing for resources to be used looking in the wrong place, and dumb luck that a canoeist/kayaker happened to go far enough on an innocent paddle and come across her. When I think of all my friends, police and SES, who willingly gave up their time with their own families to help locate ABC, it makes me very angry. Criminal charges are appropriate IMO.

Thank you for providing valuable perspective

I agree with what you've written

Ever since humans squatted in caves, they've communicated. Communication is hard wired in humans. It's why language developed

People have always voiced their opinions - over the fence, on the street, in the workplace, on buses and trains, via phone, in public places, through the print and televised media, etc. Always

Someone posted recently that the numbers of murders per thousand in Australia have remained pretty much constant in the years, for example, 1907 and 1997. Many of us remember many of those murder cases and can remember how it was then before social media

When Graham Thorn was kidnapped and brutally murdered back in the 1960's, thousands of people made their way to the street in which he'd lived. Enterprising others sold coffee, newspapers, ice-creams etc. to those crowds

The print media and tv indulged in sensationalistic updates and devoted hours to coverage which was saturation, Australia wide

As result, discussion of the case was encouraged. It was impossible not to know about the case, so intense was main stream media coverage

Where were those complaining about 'influencing the trial' back then ?

Where were police warning the public not to discuss the case back then ?

Why don't these 'concerned legal people' admit that because of social media -- the mainstream news isn't making the same sort of profit from grisly crimes as they used to and the mainstream media is angry about that and trying every trick in the book to regain it's profitable edge, using 'legal experts' as their tool ?

How long has social media been mainstream? What -- ten years? Less?

So suddenly social media is being portrayed as the villain of the piece -- yet for thousands of years, people have voiced their opinions, speculations etc., about crime -- and for thousands of years, this public voicing of opinion has NOT been seen to 'prevent a fair trial'. Obviously -- because they've still managed to form juries

We're supposed to accept and preach to others now though, that 'social media' could jeoparise fair trials ? Lol. I'm not buying the argument. It's see through. I regard all the blather about the detrimental effects of social media as bulldust, as hoopla, being spun by people who want to sell their latest book or want to create a new job for themselves vetting social media

Laserdisc I have missed your uncommon sense!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans