ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a few down here who have been stamped with "NTBR". It usually depends on the circumstances of the crime, in this case GBC killed his wife which would not normally be considered "heinous", if he killed his children it would be a whole other kettle of fish.

In SA we have Bevan Spencer Von Einem, a truly evil individual, who will never be released. Others that come to mind are Ivan Milat, Martin Bryant, and those involved with Anita Cobby's murder. I expect Daniel Morcombe's murderer/s to also be sentenced this way.

It takes a special cruelty to earn this sentence in Australia.

Yes Anita Cobbys' murderers were one I had in mind when mentioning the stamped never to be released. That ruling doen't come along too often and as you say only in extreme cases.

Thank you for providing valuable perspective

I agree with what you've written

Ever since humans squatted in caves, they've communicated. Communication is hard wired in humans. It's why language developed

People have always voiced their opinions - over the fence, on the street, in the workplace, on buses and trains, via phone, in public places, through the print and televised media, etc. Always

Someone posted recently that the numbers of murders per thousand in Australia have remained pretty much constant in the years, for example, 1907 and 1997. Many of us remember many of those murder cases and can remember how it was then before social media

When Graham Thorn was kidnapped and brutally murdered back in the 1960's, thousands of people made their way to the street in which he'd lived. Enterprising others sold coffee, newspapers, ice-creams etc. to those crowds

The print media and tv indulged in sensationalistic updates and devoted hours to coverage which was saturation, Australia wide

As result, discussion of the case was encouraged. It was impossible not to know about the case, so intense was main stream media coverage

Where were those complaining about 'influencing the trial' back then ?

Where were police warning the public not to discuss the case back then ?

Why don't these 'concerned legal people' admit that because of social media -- the mainstream news isn't making the same sort of profit from grisly crimes as they used to and the mainstream media is angry about that and trying every trick in the book to regain it's profitable edge, using 'legal experts' as their tool ?

How long has social media been mainstream? What -- ten years? Less?

So suddenly social media is being portrayed as the villain of the piece -- yet for thousands of years, people have voiced their opinions, speculations etc., about crime -- and for thousands of years, this public voicing of opinion has NOT been seen to 'prevent a fair trial'. Obviously -- because they've still managed to form juries

We're supposed to accept and preach to others now though, that 'social media' could jeoparise fair trials ? Lol. I'm not buying the argument. It's see through. I regard all the blather about the detrimental effects of social media as bulldust, as hoopla, being spun by people who want to sell their latest book or want to create a new job for themselves vetting social media

Well said Laserdisc, I totally agree.

Originally Posted by marlywings
Another Lunch Break video....

Alison Sandy joins Amanda Lucas for the latest in the Baden-Clay case.

Thanks for this.

Does anyone know what the medical facility at the Arthur Gorrie Correctional is like as opposed to the usual cell GBC would be housed in? I've searched online for pictures etc. but can't find anything at all. Would GBC still be locked in a cell or is he in more of a hospital ward environment? Are there better facilities in the medical centre? I'm just trying to get a handle on what his living conditions would be like at this time.

Does anyone know what the medical facility at the Arthur Gorrie Correctional is like as opposed to the usual cell GBC would be housed in? I've searched online for pictures etc. but can't find anything at all. Would GBC still be locked in a cell or is he in more of a hospital ward environment? Are there better facilities in the medical centre? I'm just trying to get a handle on what his living conditions would be like at this time.

Hi Makara,
I asked the same question yesterday and someone posted this 'virtual tour' of what a medical unit at a Queensland prison looks like. Not sure if it's Arthur Gorrie Prison though.

There don't seem to be locked cells from what we can see here, although that may not be the case in reality. Wouldn't they have to keep serious offenders separate from the less serious offenders, even in a medical environment?

There doesn't seem to be a description of the living conditions when a person is confined to the medical unit as opposed to the normal gaol area.

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.gov.au/About_Us/The_Department/QCS_Tour/page27.shtml
:eek:uch::nurse:

Given the intense interest police showed from the very beginning in Allison's disappearance I would not be surprised if there were undercover police tailing Gerard every time he left the house. Hopefully, if this was the case, any internet searching or emailing he did from cafes, other people's houses would have been followed up.

His apparent reluctance to divulge much to the police and his early summoning of a lawyer however indicates a defensive stance on his part and so I think if this was the case and he felt that he was under suspicion or being watched, that any communication he made would have been via public telephone or some means which couldn't be traced.

MOO! MOO! MOO!

Exactly what I was thinking!

Channel 7 News just reported they are sending evidence to W.A. for further fornesic examination.

Interesting anyone know what this would be, what does Perth have that we dont.

Recently, I spent a few months working in healthcare on the Central Queensland coast. Medical appointments involved a 3 hour round trip, and many elderly people that didn't have relatives to take them for treatment - declined. And the 'caring, compassionate' nursing staff felt that the health system could not support an ageing population - so tough!

It would be nice to think that the frail elderly, law abiding citizens that have worked for minimum wages, paid taxes and have no private heath fund in retirement could have the same access to medical care that prisoners at Arthur Gorrie have on site.

Channel 7 News just reported they are sending evidence to W.A. for further fornesic examination.

No idea, Sheerluck Holmes (cool name by the way lol) and I'm from Perth.

I think he is being kept in the observation ward so every one can see .. that is, OBSERVE, how addiction to a cell phone can drive a person nutso once that artifact is removed.

great research and and I hope its published. With pictures, please.

Gerad probably thinks that he will get bail on Thursday so he can just file it in his brain as a week in hospital.

Maybe it's the hair sample that was taken recently.

I heard that too Sheerluck...was no mention of what it is or why. It was reported last week the phones & computers were sent to Australian Crime Commision in Melbourne

Hi Makara,
I asked the same question yesterday and someone posted this 'virtual tour' of what a medical unit at a Queensland prison looks like. Not sure if it's Arthur Gorrie Prison though.

There don't seem to be locked cells from what we can see here, although that may not be the case in reality. Wouldn't they have to keep serious offenders separate from the less serious offenders, even in a medical environment?

There doesn't seem to be a description of the living conditions when a person is confined to the medical unit as opposed to the normal gaol area.

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.gov.au/About_Us/The_Department/QCS_Tour/page27.shtml
:eek:uch::nurse:

Thank you. I did see that one. I suppose the prison and it's facilities can't be advertised in the same way as a house for sale. :what:

No pics because of security. Same reason as to why I cannot give you complete details of the area and routine.
It is a guarded and locked area. There is no place at Arthur Gorrie that is better than the other except for DU or padded cell. There are no different privileges in the hospital than elsewhere.

Perhaps it is the police (not the prisoner) who have requested that the prison authorities keep Mr Baden-Clay in the medical ward for this time in order to make a carefully documented assessment of his physical/mental health.

Given the gravity of the charges and the public interest in the case it would seem prudent to do this IMO.

Wow can a prisoner could ask to be kept in the medical ward? I didn't know this. I thought that GBC was under medical centre care as an advisement of the actual medical centre of the facility.

But this does have merits because if they are taking the extra care for him he has no excuses in delaying his bail hearing (not that I think he would) and the facility would have a good idea of his mental state in terms of his fitness to be looking after the girls. If his parents are required to help him with his mental stuff then I can't see them caring for the girls as an additional daily load to their dear son.

No pics because of security. Same reason as to why I cannot give you complete details of the area and routine.
It is a guarded and locked area. There is no place at Arthur Gorrie that is better than the other except for DU or padded cell. There are no different privileges in the hospital than elsewhere.

Thanks Keentoknow. I was thinking for some reason that the medical centre would be a little more pleasant than the general cells and hence GBC wanting to stay there. I really don't know why I thought that :waitasec: - jail is jail after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog