ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will delete this as soon as i get an answer. Does anyone know if the case Max sica is involved in is on here? I just did a search but nothing came up???

No I don't think so angel

Hi everyone - long time reader, first time poster.

Did anyone notice that GBC's face was obscured in the footage of the report?

Its sub judice...limitations/restrictions placed on the media when someone is charged with murder (did I get that right?) In bed on tiny phone!!!!

Its sub judice...limitations/restrictions placed on the media when someone is charged with murder (did I get that right?) In bed on tiny phone!!!!

OT, but also have 8 week old kitten biting my typing fingers ..so cute

No I don't think so angel

Thanks Marlywings i was only going to put the latest news report on there if it was on here. Now to work out how to delete my question as it's off topic. But going by the latest news report it looks like they're trying to get Max Sica off what he supposedly did :banghead:

I not only think it's absolutely disgusting of the family to do such a thing...I'm also disgusted with channel 10 for allowing it to be reported. Did they get permission for this email to be shown considering it said private & confidential????....In my opinion it's almost like a dirty piece of advertising for funds for GBC!!!!

Also...channel 10 the other night, in lead up to one of the reports said something along the lines of "GBC is another step closer to freedom"....as though it was a damn given that he'd get out.

Absolutely agree Marlywings re Channel 10. My husband has actually rang Channel 10 and expressed his disgust and complaint for it being presented as a dirty piece of advertising. IMO its starting to look like he has friends at Channel 10 their reporting of this case has been far from anything condemning GBC. Their report tonight made me feel like the presenters themselves were asking for public support with achieving this $30,000.00 goal. Appalling channel 10 Appalling.

IMO

You might well be right with this theory its a good one and seems a plausible approach by the Defence Team.

My personal opinion whilst not as plausible as yours is that the family is withholding all available funds to give to GBC once he gets bail on other peoples money so that he has enough money to flee.

Its not like hes going to be leaving anything behind, the three girls werent given much consideration with his alleged murder of their mother so I am sure he would be able to live with his concience leaving them in the capable of the Dickies. His business is worth nothing, his reputation is worth nothing, his family have nothing substantial to say in his defence, and Im sure that the Boy Scouts and the Chamber of Commerce do not want him.

I cant see anything keeping him here. He has nothing to lose, makes him a dangerous person. That to me IMO makes him a flight risk and as an alledged murder of someone close to him and mother of his children I would be extremely worried for anyone who got in his way whilst on the run.
I cannot possibly see how bail could be justified.

IMO

I think what you're saying (that he'll flee if he gets bail) is definitely a likelihood, Sheerluck. Very astute of you, I think.

Thanks Marlywings i was only going to put the latest news report on there if it was on here. Now to work out how to delete my question as it's off topic. But going by the latest news report it looks like they're trying to get Max Sica off what he supposedly did :banghead:

Where's the 'dislike' button? That's hard news to hear

Part of the email from Ian and Olivia Walton.

To: Our family and friends
Subject: PLEASE HELP

To our dear friends and family

Our extended family around the world and those of our friends folowing the news in AU will know the heartbreaking news that our sister-in-law Allison went missing on Arpril 20th and her body was found 11 days later. Last Wednesday, 13th June, my brother Gerard was arrested and charged with her murder. We completely support Gerard in his innocence and are unwavering in continuing to stand with him.

We have been led to believe that there are two key legal events between now and any trial that may commence.

1. This coming Thursday 21st June, Gerard will appear for a bail hearing. At this hearing there will be a determination as to whether or not he is able to be released from prison until such time as the trial begins – which we understand could be several years away.

2. In the next several months there will be a committal hearing. At this hearing, it will be determined on the ‘balance of probablilities’ whether there is any likelihood that Gerard may have committed this offence. If they feel this to be the case it will be referred to the Supreme Court, with a trial at a date to be determined (again, this could be several years away). I it is felt on this balance of probabilities that there is not sufficient evidence we underrstand that he will be released and the charges against him will be dropped.

We have been told by Gerard’s lawyer that he requires AU $30,000 by no later than this coming Wednesday evening, 20th June, or the bail hearing will not occur.

Oh Olivia! You have gone too far. One of the tenets of Christianity is to continuously examine your conscience so that you stay true to the teachings of Christ. Unless you are deaf, dumb and blind and have been on mars for the past two months how can you not know the weight of ill feeling towards your brother and the way that he has behaved since his beautiful wife went missing. To ask for assistance NOW to defend him is honestly, in my mind 'unchristian' and damaging to those who do try to follow the bible's teaching. It's called reap what you sow and if you truly care about your brother, how about telling him to get down on his knees, tell the truth and ask forgiveness from God and all those people who have been hurt and offended by his behavior, regardless if he is innocent or guilty. (will now come down from my pulpit)!!!!

As for the email from Olivia and her husband suggesting that on the balance of probabilities of the evidence that the charges would be dropped, surely when the Police arrested GBC and at his first court hearing if there wasnt some reasonable prima facie evidence to suggest his guilt the Magistrate would have listened long and hard to GBCs Lawyers and had the charges dropped there and then and instructed the Police to get more evidence before proceeding with any other arrest of GBC.

I am not a lawyer, could be wrong, perhaps Hawkins can answer this one.

EllaN Thank you for the transcript of the email. I am appalled at the nerve of OW and IW for asking friends and family to donate money for GBC's cause. They are not asking for a loan but a donation and have promised anyone chucking money their way complete confidentiality. Why? Wouldn't you think that they would be praising and thanking the people profusely who have helped them instead of promising not reveal their names?

I also agree with MarlyWings about Channel 10 revealing this email. That in itself is tacky in my opinion. How did Channel 10 get their hands on the email in the first place? Was it given to them by one of the recipients? Or is there more behind this? Something just doesn't sit right with me on this one. It's a bit hinky IMO.

I've tried to keep my posts focussed on the legal processes and such but this semi-public appeal for money from OW really takes the biscuit.

What an extraordinarily crass thing to do. If you don't have the money to pay the top silk then don't engage one. IMO it's a bit like saying I need a car therefore it has to be a Ferrari.

Next they will be bleating that he has been denied justice because he had to use a normal lawyer like us common folk.

You are so right Actus I was the same trying to think about the detail around the bail application and the news of the appeal hit and I just got angry. What is it that makes some people believe they are not like ordinary people but can go in the face of decency humility or even just kindness towards their daughter in law and nieces/grandchildren what else matters in this world but doing the right thing. No one would take away their right to support their son, everyone would understand the reason behind this. But not a word about Allison or the appeal, just silence and attitude. Ahhhrg!!!!!
ALL IMOOO MOOOOO

My company owns my car and I own my company and I can sell it in a blink.

You could; but if you were to use the proceeds for personal use, you would face the wrath of the tax man...and I think GBC has enough problems on his plate.

Absolutely agree Marlywings re Channel 10. My husband has actually rang Channel 10 and expressed his disgust and complaint for it being presented as a dirty piece of advertising. IMO its starting to look like he has friends at Channel 10 their reporting of this case has been far from anything condemning GBC. Their report tonight made me feel like the presenters themselves were asking for public support with achieving this $30,000.00 goal. Appalling channel 10 Appalling.

Maybe they have done a deal for the first interview with the BCs and hence a bit if sly advertising will get them softened up. May even be worth 30k!!

All IMOO MOOOOOO

That was definitely Channel 10s way of saying "If you were ever thinking of helping GBC, then now is your moment....He needs 30K and we want you too". They allowed the account name, and account details be known of who you can send too....I am absolutely friggin SICKENINGLY APPALLED......yet again.

SICK SICK SICK ALL ROUND.

As for the email from Olivia and her husband suggesting that on the balance of probabilities of the evidence that the charges would be dropped, surely when the Police arrested GBC and at his first court hearing if there wasnt some reasonable prima facie evidence to suggest his guilt the Magistrate would have listened long and hard to GBCs Lawyers and had the charges there and then and instructed the Police to get more evidence before proceeding with any other arrest of GBC.

I am not a lawyer, could be wrong, perhaps Hawkins can answer this one.

At a committal hearing the burden of proof favours the prosecution. It effectively lowers the bar from "reasonable doubt" to "a balance of probability". OW's faith in a committal hearing dismissing the case is clutching at the proverbial straw. All IMO of course.

EllaN Thank you for the transcript of the email. I am appalled at the nerve of OW and IW in asking friends and family to donate money for GBC's cause. They are not asking for a loan but a donation and have promised anyone chucking money their way complete confidentiality. Why? Wouldn't you think that they would be praising and thanking the people profusely who have helped them instead of promising not reveal their names?

I also agree with MarlyWings about Channel 10 revealing this email. That in itself is tacky in my opinion. How did Channel 10 get their hands on the email in the first place? Was it given to them by one of the recipients? Or is there more behind this? Something just doesn't sit right with me on this one. It's a bit hinky IMO.

I was wondering what topic tonights posts would be. Bet you never saw this one in your crystal ball.:floorlaugh:

I asked this question earlier re him getting another chance at a bail application and got no reply. I think we need Hawkins. :please:I would think if all procedures were followed correctly and the court was asked for more time to prepare, it would be granted ,but I really don't know for sure. Getting a legal aid lawyer at such short notice would be cause to delay the bail application on the basis that his new lawyer has not had time to prepare. IMO

He would not lose his right to a bail application if it cannot go ahead tomorrow, due to lack of legal representation. It would likely be adjourned to another date - a date sufficiently ahead to enable a Legal Aid lawyer time to be briefed to represent him. It is unlikely that he could obtain representation from LA tomorrow at such short notice.

Part of the email from Ian and Olivia Walton.

To: Our family and friends
Subject: PLEASE HELP

To our dear friends and family

Our extended family around the world and those of our friends folowing the news in AU will know the heartbreaking news that our sister-in-law Allison went missing on Arpril 20th and her body was found 11 days later. Last Wednesday, 13th June, my brother Gerard was arrested and charged with her murder. We completely support Gerard in his innocence and are unwavering in continuing to stand with him.

We have been led to believe that there are two key legal events between now and any trial that may commence.

1. This coming Thursday 21st June, Gerard will appear for a bail hearing. At this hearing there will be a determination as to whether or not he is able to be released from prison until such time as the trial begins – which we understand could be several years away.

2. In the next several months there will be a committal hearing. At this hearing, it will be determined on the ‘balance of probablilities’ whether there is any likelihood that Gerard may have committed this offence. If they feel this to be the case it will be referred to the Supreme Court, with a trial at a date to be determined (again, this could be several years away). I it is felt on this balance of probabilities that there is not sufficient evidence we underrstand that he will be released and the charges against him will be dropped.

We have been told by Gerard’s lawyer that he requires AU $30,000 by no later than this coming Wednesday evening, 20th June, or the bail hearing will not occur.

Oh Olivia! You have gone too far. One of the tenets of Christianity is to continuously examine your conscience so that you stay true to the teachings of Christ. Unless you are deaf, dumb and blind and have been on mars for the past two months how can you not know the weight of ill feeling towards your brother and the way that he has behaved since his beautiful wife went missing. To ask for assistance NOW to defend him is honestly, in my mind 'unchristian' and damaging to those who do try to follow the bible's teaching. It's called reap what you sow and if you truly care about your brother, how about telling him to get down on his knees, tell the truth and ask forgiveness from God and all those people who have been hurt and offended by his behavior, regardless if he is innocent or guilty. (will now come down from my pulpit)!!!!

Dear Olivia and Ian
Your sister in law did not just go missing and her body found , SHE WAS MURDERED, and the police are not looking for another suspect.

ALL IN MY OWN HONEST OPINION - MY OWN OPINION

EllaN Thank you for the transcript of the email. I am appalled at the nerve of OW and IW in asking friends and family to donate money for GBC's cause. They are not asking for a loan but a donation and have promised anyone chucking money their way complete confidentiality. Why? Wouldn't you think that they would be praising and thanking the people profusely who have helped them instead of promising not reveal their names?

Hmmm, the whole thing is all a bit hinky if you ask me, the email making the news tOnight on the eve of the bail hearing, coincidence?? I don't buy it, is it legit? I just dont believe that the family Had no clue of the costs that would be incurred here, they would have been advised... IMO

It seems that some people, no matter what situation they get into, they will pretend they can afford the mercedes benz, when in reality they should be driving a toyota.....Hmmmm

Am also sick of people pretending to be christian......when they evidently arent. Christian would have been to present oneself to the command post.....rather regularly too. Maybe offer food, cake and even just simple cordial for those looking for their in law.....But, nah, christianity hides itself when the purpose isnt for themselves (Allison being missing).....But now, we do unspeakable acts to get the support from others....in an attempt AGAIN to help one of our own.....YUCK PUKE and SO FORTH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog