Arrest in JBR case part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i just read EVERY post in this thread right before i lay down with my own babies...yall have me now officially creeped out *thanks*, im looking in closets, peeping out windows, looking over my shoulder! lol. seriously though, its made me a lil less cozy feeling in my own home, i pray that everyone holds their kids a lil tighter, a lil longer, and God will protect them from the evil that is obviously out there on a daily basis!

Shelayne said:
The brother seemed positively clueless to me. He didn't know if his brother was still married, how old his kids were, or that he was in Thailand. Oh--but he DID know that his brother had been writing a book about horrendous crimes against children and had talked about JonBenet, doing all sorts of in-depth research. **shudder** He knew his brother was in some kind of trouble in CA, but didn't know what it was.
The brother sounds like he has only talked to his brother when his brother played off varying excuses for whatever pedophile behavior he had just been caught in. That's all he knows about his brother's life.

i seem to remember a famous musician getting into trouble for 'researching' child *advertiser censored* on the net. hmmm... sounds like a good excuse to pass off to family for when you get caught.
loser.gif

KTVU.com - News - Thai Police Chief Says Suspect Karr Has Admitted To Killing

... At the press conference, Suwat said that Karr insisted after his arrest that his crime was not first-degree murder. "He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional. He said he was in love with the child. She was a pageant queen," Suwat said.

The Thai officer quoted the suspect as saying he tried to kidnap JonBenet for a $118,000 ransom but that his plan went awry and he strangled her to death...

ragland said:
i just read EVERY post in this thread right before i lay down with my own babies...yall have me now officially creeped out *thanks*, im looking in closets, peeping out windows, looking over my shoulder! lol. seriously though, its made me a lil less cozy feeling in my own home, i pray that everyone holds their kids a lil tighter, a lil longer, and God will protect them from the evil that is obviously out there on a daily basis!

Well, I just smelled cigarette smoke coming through my window A/C unit. I'm afraid there is a window peeper but hopefully it's my neighbor even though I don't think the smoke would smell that fresh and up close at 2:30 am. My husband isn't concerned though. I think this has been posted already but wanted to mention it again since the thread is so long. Morgan Nick was missing in 1995 from Arkansas, age 6. The sketch of the suspect sure looks like Karr.

http://www.morgannick.com/composite.html

WOW.....{shudder} there IS a striking resemblance!!!!!!

Someone wrote that there is 2 counts of murder being leveled against him? Did they report that, or am I just going crazy? How does the OTHER count of murder factor into this?

There has been so much information leaked in this case that it's going to be a nightmare for investigators to work out what is truth and what might have been picked up from reading about the case on the Internet.
This guy has GOT to have been on the forums.

Jayelles said:
There has been so much information leaked in this case that it's going to be a nightmare for investigators to work out what is truth and what might have been picked up from reading about the case on the Internet.
This guy has GOT to have been on the forums.
yeah but if he confesses there wont need to be a big to do..they will have to verify that he did in fact do it but thats it..It wont matter what was leaked-that would become necessary if he recants this public confession.

newtv said:
yeah but if he confesses there wont need to be a big to do..they will have to verify that he did in fact do it but thats it..It wont matter what was leaked-that would become necessary if he recants this public confession.
People don't just get convicted on a confession - a case still has to be built against them. Any detective will tell you that every time there is a high profile murder - a whole bunch of confessors creep out of the woodwork.

The DNA being a match has not been confirmed - maybe that will happen at the press conference this afternoon.

If this guy has been arrested on the basis that he is revealing evidene about the acse which hasn't been made public - I'd like to be assured he didn't get that from Michael Tracey. I don't trust Tracey.

Jayelles said:
People don't just get convicted on a confession - a case still has to be built against them. Any detective will tell you that every time there is a high profile murder - a whole bunch of confessors creep out of the woodwork.

The DNA being a match has not been confirmed - maybe that will happen at the press conference this afternoon.

If this guy has been arrested on the basis that he is revealing evidene about the acse which hasn't been made public - I'd like to be assured he didn't get that from Michael Tracey. I don't trust Tracey.
i said the same thing-they have to verify it-what is the problem with it?
If he confesses and the dna is contaminated it wont matter-what would matter is his story proving to be accurate..thats what will determine his guilt or innocence-I said it might be a false confession-but if it isnt that will be alot easier to work thru than if he said he is falsely accused-that is when they have to work harder at proving it.

PrayersForMaura said:
what if Patsy was lonely, met this guy through an Internet chat site and he became obsessed with her. She tried to get him to stop, and he killed JonBenet to get back at her? Or maybe he saw JonBenet, thought she was beautiful and so befriended Patsy to get closer to JonBenet?
With all of the criticism that Patsy has endured through the past ten years....first losing her beautiful daughter in such a horrific manner...then being a suspect.....I can't imagine the pain that woman endured. If you remember many forum writers also criticized the Ramseys, saying they weren't trying very hard to find the killer....MAYBE THAT IS HOW PATSY CAME TO EMAIL THIS CHARACTER....SHE HAD BEEN DOING HER OWN INVESTIGATING ON *advertiser censored* SIGHTS AND SUCH. Maybe he just emailed her to taunt her further. Who knows? I don't see how any mother wouldn't spend their last days alive trying to find the killer.

Jayelles said:

Jayelles,

If this guy has been arrested on the basis that he is revealing evidene about the acse which hasn't been made public

I've always thought there was unrevealed evidence because the autopsy details although consistent and professional dont add up, particularly where Coroner Meyer states cause of death to be asphyxiation and associated stuff, but elsewhere its ligature strangulation, and there is patent physical evidence of a more extensive strangulation beneath the ligature cord. There may be unrevealed details regarding her sexual assault, which would explain why we have a hard time making the evidence fit?

If they have dna evidence, then there may be no trial, just pleading appearances.

If there is no hard evidence just his confession, and lots of circumstanial possibilities then a showcase trial is on the cards.

UKGuy said:
Jayelles,

I've always thought there was unrevealed evidence because the autopsy details although consistent and professional dont add up, particularly where Coroner Meyer states cause of death to be asphyxiation and associated stuff, but elsewhere its ligature strangulation, and there is patent physical evidence of a more extensive strangulation beneath the ligature cord. There may be unrevealed details regarding her sexual assault, which would explain why we have a hard time making the evidence fit?

If they have dna evidence, then there may be no trial, just pleading appearances.

If there is no hard evidence just his confession, and lots of circumstanial possibilities then a showcase trial is on the cards.

Asphyxiation covers strangulation AND suffocation. I think it refers to deaths where breathing has been cut off. Not sure if drowning is included in that too.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I think this is going to prove a wild goose chase, of sorts. I think the guy is a pedo krank who wanted to take credit for a bigger, more famous crime than merely molesting elementary school students and having kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer. By claiming to be JBR's killer, that will keep him outof GP and in PC forever.
I believe that law enforcement realizes what a huge case this is.....very similar to BTK. They aren't going to expose someone without thoroughly checking them out. They even check his DNA first. He also reveled information about the crime that no one else knew. I believe they have their man. I just wonder if others were involved and if it was anyone we knew of. Many of us believed that this character would be caught through internet *advertiser censored* or by doing it again. (I certainly hope that isn't the case) He looks like such a little wimp....as others have noted....weird and detached. I think this name has thrown all of us for a loop though. There are so many suspects and when you read their history and profile, you tend to say 'that's the one". Turns out it wasn't anyone any of us had heard about or suspected. Astonishing.
On another note, if he is a school teacher and he wrote the RN.....he certainly lacks qualifications...misspelling simple words like "businesss". I am also surprised about his line of work.(although I am not surprised that he managed to work with children). I was also very surprised to hear that he was married with children...what a sick pervert monster.
If he is taking female hormone as someone mentioned (noting the eye liner and larger breast than you would expect on someon of his size) then maybe that is why there wasn't any seman. He was fantacizing but he was too feminine to ejaculate. Saying he was feminine reminds me of another suspect said to be the same: Santa Bill. He was also a school teacher and into *advertiser censored*. Perhaps they worked together on this somehow. He has always been at the top of my suspect list.

agree that he certainly looks and acts feminine--but of course wimps can still be killers--Joel Rifkin killed 17 people,but fellow high-schoolers remembered him as nerdy and hey called him the turtle--Therewas a serialkiller in Alaska who killed ten women,and he was extremely nerdy--The gay serial killer Braunmeister was also quite wimpy and feminine

I guess they DNA will tell all - but doesn't that take a few weeks/months??? Also, seems I read that there was something found in her panties, as well as a few blood splatters found somewhere.

Call me confused, but from what I have read so far he reportedly was just going to kidnap her and things went array. So, then he sat down and took God knows how long to write a ransom note???? I would think he would be freaking and rush out of the house - why the ransom note if she is dead?

OR, did he take time to write the note BEFORE HE WOKE her FED her
pineapple and KILLED her???? Any why $118,000 - why not $107,398.23???? That seems like such an odd amount - $100,00 maybe, $125,000, $200,000, but $118,000?

Seems like if you were going to kidnap someone you would want to be in and out of there as FAST AS POSSIBLE!!! Red flags on this are going up everywhere for me.

Someone mentioned a press conference today - anyone know the time?

I think there is definitely more to this than meets the eye......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back