Arrest in JBR case part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it is, it is a hell of a hoax.

They just stated on MSNBC that the suspect WAS arrested for JBR murder specifically.

This would be a hoax beyond all other hoaxes.

tybee204 said:
There is no verification of a DNA match. That was one of many leaks that came out of un unspecified source today.
That is probably where I heard it, it was on the news, cant remember where.

indigomood said:
people search results I am assuming
Thanks. (Duh!
blushing.gif
)

Roxye said:
If it is, it is a hell of a hoax.

They just stated on MSNBC that the suspect WAS arrested for JBR murder specifically.

This would be a hoax beyond all other hoaxes.

"He's being held in Thailand on unrelated charges." He has not yet been arrested for Jonbenet's murder.

That talking heads are getting carried away.

As far as knowing about the bonus....wasn't it said at one point that the check was lying around on a desk or fax machine?

When I was trying to be a fence sitter on the case, I surmised that if there was any possibility of an intruder, they had to have spent significant time in the house wandering around while the Ramseys were at the Whites.

Let's try to keep ourselves together and keep our options open until we get some more information.

Don't be surprised if Karr turns out the be the Richard Jewel of the JBR case.

wenchie said:
Don't be surprised if Karr turns out the be the Richard Jewel of the JBR case.
It's entirely possible. Every one wants closure and the sheer force of mass media often propels these things far beyond what we will eventually learn. So far, we really know very little.

Wood would not say how the Ramseys knew Karr. But JonBenet was born in Atlanta in 1990, and the Ramseys lived in the Atlanta suburb of Dunwoody for several years before moving to Colorado in 1991.

Thai police said that when Karr was arrested, he denied any involvement in JonBenet's slaying. But a source close to the investigation in the U.S. said Karr confessed to certain elements of the crime. Also, a law enforcement source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the AP that Karr had been communicating periodically with somebody in Boulder who had been following the case and cooperating with law enforcement officials.

District Attorney Mary Lacy said the arrest followed several months of work, but she said no details would be released until Thursday.

U.S. authorities said Karr was initially taken into custody in Bangkok on unrelated sex charges. But Thai police Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul said he was unaware of any criminal charges the suspect faced in Thailand.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey

Lawrence Schiller, author of the 1999 book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" about the case, said Wednesday he understood the man had been on a list of sexual offenders who were suspects for a long time.

"There are a lot of facts about her actual death that the public does not know." Schiller said. "If he did confess to some facts of the murder, to reveal those facts of the case, that would finish the puzzle."

Among the facts he said were not generally known was the murder weapon and what the killer did with it.

DNA was found beneath JonBenet's fingernails and inside her underwear, but Wood said two years ago that detectives were unable to match it to anyone in an FBI database. It was not immediately known Wednesday whether investigators had any DNA evidence against Karr.

An American suspect arrested in connection with the death of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey denied any connection to her murder when he was detained at his downtown Bangkok apartment Wednesday, police said.

Karr's visa has been revoked because he was regarded as an "undesirable person" since he is accused of a crime in the United States, Suwat said

The suspect, who has been in Thailand four times over the past two years, was being detained by immigration police pending arrival of U.S. officials, the police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_re_as/thailand_jonbenet_ramsey

What ever the case may be the guy was very buzy on the internet.

Here is a site that is like an online trade shows of somesort for teachers.

I am not sure how the stuff he posted figures into teaching but I just bet it is the same guy.

http://teachers.net/catalog/tradeshow_listing.html

And I bet that if we could find a way, he probably has been around here on webslueths, that is strictly a hunch on my part.

Could anyone post a picture of that old 'psychic' sketch of the killer and another picture of this John Karr guy?

I have no clue how to post pics. However, I did look at the sketch and it is pretty darned close.

But which came first, a mysterious sketch of an unknown killer? Or a search for an unknown pedophile (easy target) who looked like a sketch?

Hmm...

michelle said:
Now I swear I read earlier he knew details that were private.
On Greta tonight she was interviewing a doctor who actually worked on the case in Denver. Sorry I forget the name. But he mentioned something I had not heard before. She was questioning him regarding the blood in the underpants, and I thought I heard him inadvertantly say that the blood was caused by a paint brush. I knew that there was a paintbrush involved in the case, but I dont think I ever heard that the brush had been used to injure her in such away as to cause blood. (Say in such a way as a stab, or somesort of jab actually done with the brush).

Did anyone else hear this doctor?

I've been having a hard time today getting on WS today and then I saw the Headlines on my MSN Homepage, and I knew why...hehe :crazy: Well here is my :twocents:, not that anyone wants it, but something isn't sitting right with me about this new found arrest.. it's odd, to me, that Patsy is now dead and now they have a suspect, AND the ramson note doesn't play well with me and this guy :waitasec: hum... hum...

dragonfly707 said:
What ever the case may be the guy was very buzy on the internet.

Here is a site that is like an online trade shows of somesort for teachers.

I am not sure how the stuff he posted figures into teaching but I just bet it is the same guy.

http://teachers.net/catalog/tradeshow_listing.html

And I bet that if we could find a way, he probably has been around here on webslueths, that is strictly a hunch on my part.

Oh, I am sure he was a regular here at Websleuths and probably a participant in the discussions. Imagine his thrill. It is probably unethical for the mods to tell us if he has a hat, but I am dying to know.

dragonfly707 said:
On Greta tonight she was interviewing a doctor who actually worked on the case in Denver. Sorry I forget the name. But he mentioned something I had not heard before. She was questioning him regarding the blood in the underpants, and I thought I heard him inadvertantly say that the blood was caused by a paint brush. I knew that there was a paintbrush involved in the case, but I dont think I ever heard that the brush had been used to injure her in such away as to cause blood. (Say in such a way as a stab, or somesort of jab actually done with the brush).

Did anyone else hear this doctor?
Awe, I hate to hear that. I knew a brush was used but in what manner I dont know.

twinkiesmom said:
As far as knowing about the bonus....wasn't it said at one point that the check was lying around on a desk or fax machine?

When I was trying to be a fence sitter on the case, I surmised that if there was any possibility of an intruder, they had to have spent significant time in the house wandering around while the Ramseys were at the Whites.

Let's try to keep ourselves together and keep our options open until we get some more information.

Remember BTK who entered people's homes when they weren't home and hid in the basement until everyone went to sleep? I suppose that could very well be what happened here. You make a good point that if the perp was in the house while the family was out, he could have learned a lot about the family and had everything set to go when the family went to bed. He would have had plenty of time to know his way around the house as well.

since people dont register with the real names I wouldnt have a clue who is or is not registered.

Also, on the link posted on another thread, he states he was a private tutor in 1996-2001 and we know he was in the states during that time because he was in CA in 2001. He left after the CA *advertiser censored* charges. Is it possible he was somehow in the area or online offering advice, tutoring, etc. and that's how he became connected to the Ramseys? Maybe he never lived in Colorado, but did he visit, maybe looking for employment? Have his family members denied his visiting Colorado during the year before the murder? Just thinking out loud here...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fascist Donald Pig Trump
Back