***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there will be a number of our questions answered tomorrow. I hope for the family's sake he talked or they did find MS. The fact that he willingly gave LE access to his phone as well as other things lead me to believe he did talk.

i'm still confused about the truck. so was the circle K truck his?

earlier in the thread tonight i read something about a Ford then possibly miabellas truck from city hall

bumping

Being that he drives a White Chevy Silverado...newer model, I think it must be the truck in question. Only the truck in front of Circle K appeared to be a Chevy. I have not heard anything about a Ford other than what a member thought he heard stated by LE.

Don't know. News definitely said Swords. I saw Swords in the text press release, too. Don't know if it was Daily Advertiser.

Also, I believe Swords in not incorporated. So, the official address maybe be Church Point.

I have not found the trailer, though. So..........

I think you are correct.
I'm assuming that Church Point is the official address since its in a legal document.

I am leaning towards a confession. We shall see, won't we?

I am leaning toward circumstantial evidence. And hopefully a confession is soon to follow. I am also hoping that his phone has a lot to say. I am pretty sure he most likely had it on him that night and if he just happened to get a NEW one in the last month or so.. well guess what.. BIG BROTHER can get those records from the old phone without a problem.

You know, this is my first case and I'm NOT ok. I started following it so closely because I love Lafayette and felt a love for Mickey, like so many others. Sometimes there aren't words for why people touch you so deeply. I'm so devastated and heart broken at the injustice of it all. I hate that there is so much cruelty and ugliness in this world. I hate that I have to be so fearful of people like BSL because I have a precious child, too.

I feel so heart broken for her momma and daddy and her family and friends, for Lafayette and for Louisiana.
:grouphug: I'm sorry curlyred. Many of us share your feelings tonight. We wait and wait to hear news, but too often when news finally comes it's the worst kind of news. It's all so painful and so damn wrong.

It is on the registered sex offenders site that BSL owned a 2011 White Chevy Pickup truck not sure where this FORD came from?

right. last week it only said silverado. i can't remember if it said color. so that that probably was his truck in front of circle K

If I'm not mistaking, all 1st degree murder cases are capital cases.
I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
:)

POSTED EARLIER:
Quote:
C. Penalty provisions.

(1) If the district attorney seeks a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by death or life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, in accordance with the determination of the jury. The provisions of C.Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment may be capital shall apply.

(2) If the district attorney does not seek a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. The provisions of C. Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment is necessarily confinement at hard labor shall apply.

So now I'll just pray that Harson will seek a capital verdict! IMO - He does not deserve to live in my opinion. Not even in jail.

If the man from the car dealer was the one who put LE onto this guy, I hope he gets the reward.

MOO Mickey was hit by BSL with DWT accidentally and possibly killed. BSL goes into panic mode due to past sex offenses, drives to WB dumps bike proceeds home with MS. BSL goes into debate on next step possibly *sorry to word it this way I Hate IT!* disposes of MS body elsewhere when he has enough time to contemplate the situation. I just hope he gets his.

Wouldn't he then be charged with involuntary manslaughter if it was an accident?

besides the oral battery charge, what were his other previous crimes? do you think he has killed before?

justwannahelp, sadly do the math...

Recidivism of Sex Offenders

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_offender"]Sex offender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Nope highly doubt that.Unless they find Mickey makes no sense for him to confess. That is admitting guilt .

Many people crack and confess.

so why a 1pm presser? is an arraignment scheduled for before that tomorrow??

I am thinking this is largely based on video and forensics at this point.. just my two cents.

?? Giving him a chance to confess when faced with video evidence?
?? Giving time to ID from dental records? (if she was found on property?)
?? Giving him a chance to say where body is in order to take DP off the table?

:dunno: They need time before speaking... as much as many have expressed about being upset with LE silence... they ARE going to speak... and IMO we will be speechless after they do!
RIP Mickey... Prayers for the Shunick family!!!

This trial is going to be unlike anything Lafayette has ever seen.

You know, this is my first case and I'm NOT ok. I started following it so closely because I love Lafayette and felt a love for Mickey, like so many others. Sometimes there aren't words for why people touch you so deeply. I'm so devastated and heart broken at the injustice of it all. I hate that there is so much cruelty and ugliness in this world. I hate that I have to be so fearful of people like BSL because I have a precious child, too.

I feel so heart broken for her momma and daddy and her family and friends, for Lafayette and for Louisiana.

((((((((((((((curlyred)))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((laffy, LA))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((all that care about Mickey)))))))))))))))))))))))

No way this was an accident and they must have evidence to prove it. JMO

It is on the registered sex offenders site that BSL owned a 2011 White Chevy Pickup truck not sure where this FORD came from?

There was an argument that instead of the officer in the press release saying "white four door truck" he said "white Ford truck..." but I'm pretty sure it was white four door truck as that is what the media transcribed, who were present at the press release.

I am hopefully optimistic that the "deafening silence" from LE the past few weeks means that they do indeed, have this guy locked up airtight. Am sad, though not surprised, at the murder charge. Once again, hope this is indicative of some hardcore evidence. :please::please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc