***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The St. Landry Parish SO was searching the trailer. Church Point is in Acadia Parish. Swords is in St. Landry and so is Lawtell.

Ok.

But the warrant says the arrest was made in Church Point.
On Elaine.

a693781e-4286-27fb.jpg

I have been actively watching the threads since my last post. My six year old daughter had an emergency surgery two weeks ago and while I sat in the hospital with her (for 10 days) I continued to log in and pray that Mickey had been found.

Part of me is relieved that an arrest is finally here, but my heart breaks for the family who has lost their daughter, and thousands of people who may not be related to Mickey but have put so much of themselves into this case that they mourn also.

I hope that whatever it is they have on this guy is foolproof. And for the sake of all, I hope he just comes clean about what he did and where she can be found. As far as an "accident" with his truck and panicking...while that would be the best case scenario (for Mickey) I feel in my heart that whatever happened that night was much more sinister than that. :(

For now, I wait to hear what LE has to say tomorrow. And I pray for the Shunick family.

If first degree murder was committed in Lafayette, I can think of some places on Mickey's route home & near where she was last seen on camera at the Circle K where this possibly could have happened (and perhaps a death like strangulation as well as maybe a sexual assualt would leave little forensic evidence or little visible evidence): The abandoned hospital, its parking garage, the many fields along Coliseum Drive (the latter would be my bet- I think something could even happen in the day time in parts of it & there's a good chance no one would see or hear anything).

glad his cell phone was seized.. hope he (sitting on hands by just saying "HE") had it with him on the 19th as well.

Hope it nails him.

And I hope he spills it.. what he did and where Mickey is.

Yeah.. I am pretty mad right now. (freaking understatement)

:furious:

I can only imagine what her poor family must feel. This is just horrible. I also hope all of you posters here who have been following Mickey's case are okay as well. This is not easy news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this.

You know, this is my first case and I'm NOT ok. I started following it so closely because I love Lafayette and felt a love for Mickey, like so many others. Sometimes there aren't words for why people touch you so deeply. I'm so devastated and heart broken at the injustice of it all. I hate that there is so much cruelty and ugliness in this world. I hate that I have to be so fearful of people like BSL because I have a precious child, too.

I feel so heart broken for her momma and daddy and her family and friends, for Lafayette and for Louisiana.

It is on the registered sex offenders site that BSL owned a 2011 White Chevy Pickup truck not sure where this FORD came from?

This is incorrect. Highway 90 basically runs parallel to I-10 to Evangeline Thruway then heads south. Highway 13 heads north at I-10 from Crowley. The highway from Rayne that heads north to Church Point is Highway 35. Both Highway 13 and 35 run perpendicular to I-10.

Thanks! When I drive them I don't pay attention to the numbers, just where I am going to.

Correction to my original post:
There are several ways to go to Churchpoint from Lafayette I10W to HWY 95N (not 90) or to Rayne and HWY35N (not 13) or I10 to I49North then backroads to CP. But if I am understanding correctly that he lived in Swords, the easiest way to me would be to take I10 to I49 to Opelousas, then west to Swords.

Did they find a body or not? This is all happening so fast. Can't catch up...

glad his cell phone was seized.. hope he (sitting on hands by just saying "HE") had it with him on the 19th as well.

Hope it nails him.

And I hope he spills it.. what he did and where Mickey is.

Yeah.. I am pretty mad right now. (freaking understatement)

:furious:

I can only imagine what her poor family must feel. This is just horrible. I also hope all of you posters here who have been following Mickey's case are okay as well. This is not easy news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this.
BBM
I hope that LE has enough to nail this guy to the wall.

And I pray for Mickey's family and friends.

besides the oral battery charge, what were his other previous crimes? do you think he has killed before?

so why a 1pm presser? is an arraignment scheduled for before that tomorrow??

I am thinking this is largely based on video and forensics at this point.. just my two cents.

As an animal lover, I'm so sad that her horses, piglet, and doggies will never see their "person" again. They must be so confused.

As a human being, words can't express what I feel for her parents, siblings, and friends. This girl had so much to offer the world. She could have gone on to be a phenomenal, well-published anthropologist after grad school, cycled across the US, and be a much more productive citizen than one scum named Brandon Scott Lavergne. Only the good die young, indeed.

Justice for Mickey, who had so much to offer society and shone like a bright light even in pics but whose light was snuffed out by this loser.

Yes ktgirl, Mickey Schunick's candle had no more been lit before it was tragicly snuffed out.. May she RIP...

Candle In The Wind
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80rHyABCb20&feature=related"]Elton John- Candle In The Wind. with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

so why a 1pm presser? is an arraignment scheduled for before that tomorrow??

I am thinking this is largely based on video and forensics at this point.. just my two cents.

I am leaning towards a confession. We shall see, won't we?

I live between Church Point and Swords, and this just makes me sick!

My prayers are with Mickey and The Shunick family. So Sad!
Can you tell us where Elaine Road/Drive/Lane is? :)

The arrest warrant says the arrest location was Elaine in Church Point.

Don't know. News definitely said Swords. I saw Swords in the text press release, too. Don't know if it was Daily Advertiser.

Also, I believe Swords in not incorporated. So, the official address maybe be Church Point.

I have not found the trailer, though. So..........

Thanks! When I drive them I don't pay attention to the numbers, just where I am going to.

Correction to my original post:
There are several ways to go to Churchpoint from Lafayette I10W to HWY 95N (not 90) or to Rayne and HWY35N (not 13) or I10 to I49North then backroads to CP. But if I am understanding correctly that he lived in Swords, the easiest way to me would be to take I10 to I49 to Opelousas, then west to Swords.

No problem. I live in that area so I know which highways go to the towns you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laznsher