***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:grouphug: I'm sorry curlyred. Many of us share your feelings tonight. We wait and wait to hear news, but too often when news finally comes it's the worst kind of news. It's all so painful and so damn wrong.

AND happens way too often...:tears:

this topic is moving faster than i can type! i'm 6miles from lawtell and from what i've read if he worked for that temp agency in lafayette then he could have been working for one of the offshore catering companies, they hire just about anyone to clean and wash clothes on the offshore rigs and with his criminal record going through the temp service he stood less of a chance of his criminal pass coming out.

If anyone has a way to get info. to the LE tell them they need to look at this guy "BL" for all the other murders near the jennings, LA/lafayette area that still haven't been solved. There was a few years back that police were looking for a man in a white truck this was centered around the serial killer derrick todd lee. What if "BL" was also killing women at the same time. If "BL" stalked Mickey before he took her then he could very well have done this before. I hope LE knows this and lot for evidence at "BL" home

The red barn in the photos of the trailer bother me as well. Hope they look there as well
:(

Court at 8am... press conference at 1. I believe they have found a body or something concrete. We shall find out tomorrow!

Wouldn't he then be charged with involuntary manslaughter if it was an accident?

IMO if she were hit and injured and he allowed her to die from the injuries, it would be pre-meditated murder.

Ok, so I was just told by a friend that, in LA, you cannot be charged with first degree murder without forensic Evidence or confession of the crime.

Can anyone check and find out if this statement is accurate? Because if it is, I think we're looking at a whole lot more than circumstantial evidence!
In Louisiana you can be charged with a crime if the police feel they have enough evidence to support a conviction. Many times they will hold off on charging people with something until they have what they feel is sufficient evidence for the DA to go forward. In order to charge someone with 1st degree murder, they have to have some pretty strong evidence that a murder occurred and the murder has to have occurred with specific intent to kill AND it has to occur in conjunction with a felony. In this case, the felony is aggravated kidnapping. So, they clearly have pretty hard evidence that this person murdered MS. (I'm not in criminal law specifically, but I am an attorney and I am familiar with criminal law.)

this topic is moving faster than i can type! i'm 6miles from lawtell and from what i've read if he worked for that temp agency in lafayette then he could have been working for one of the offshore catering companies, they hire just about anyone to clean and wash clothes on the offshore rigs and with his criminal record going through the temp service he stood less of a chance of his criminal pass coming out.

If anyone has a way to get info. to the LE tell them they need to look at this guy "BL" for all the other murders near the jennings, LA/lafayette area that still haven't been solved. There was a few years back that police were looking for a man in a white truck this was centered around the serial killer derrick todd lee. What if "BL" was also killing women at the same time. If "BL" stalked Mickey before he took her then he could very well have done this before. I hope LE knows this and lot for evidence at "BL" home

BBM. He worked for Wood Group, which has an office in the same office complex as Weststaff. There are several different businesses there.

According to Louisiana law, first-degree murder includes “the killing of a human being … when the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration … of aggravated kidnapping.”

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...S04/120705038/Arrest-made-Mickey-Shunick-case

So it does not matter, legally speaking, how she died...as long as he intended to cause her harm, it is first-degree since he was already kidnapping her...at least this is how I interpret this.

This mugshot really freaks me out. He's NOT ugly & scary & gross. He looks like a lot of other dark, Cajun men I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn't a bad looking guy. I always wish that monsters looked like monsters, but in reality, they look like our neighbors.

:waitasec::waitasec:
So glad to see forward movement in this case!
If this guy was trying to purchase a new vehicle and indicated his truck was stolen, then either LE had his truck or perhaps he has ditched it. Since it was said the car dealership happened about 4 weeks ago, then fwiw he probably ditched it. Would love to know where they picked him up and what he was driving.

I'm willing to bet the recent article about lab tests coming back on the bike have played a big part in LE making their move today. Something was on that bike.
It is always an awkward feeling when an arrest is made in these types of cases, a few minutes of happiness that the case is coming to a head, then the sad feeling that this outcome will not be good. All we can do now is hope for the best.

I saw this on my phone when out with friends and seriously wanted to leave it upset me so much. I had been hoping it was an accident and she was killed instantly (if she was dead), but nothing about this says accident at all.
It also disturbs me that he looks so normal or even probably could be seen as an attractive younger guy. Probably made "hunting" easier for him though I guess we don't know what happened yet exactly.
I am praying they have her body so her family can kiss her goodbye and lay her to rest.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...112643431968.99090.61662826968&type=1&theater Wow, this one looks so different.

eta: ok obv I am having issues posting it but in his new mugshot he is looking much skinnier than before!

I was friends with a guy that I later found out was an RSO. His mugshot and the way he looked a couple of years later when I knew him, looked like 2 different people. The reason is because I think he lost weight intentionally to not be recognized when they would post his pic in the paper. Cajun Mama recognized him though! He must have lost 200+ lbs. and looked so different. Weird.

Feel so sick for Charlie. Someone tagged her in the mug shot and she posted, asking to please not be tagged in this man's pic :( They will have to look at him, but I know they just don't want to, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3