***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
those facebook comments are brutal but i guess he deserves it. People are saying he confessed is this a rumour or true?

Feel so sick for Charlie. Someone tagged her in the mug shot and she posted, asking to please not be tagged in this man's pic :( They will have to look at him, but I know they just don't want to, yet.
Oh Em Gee. What is WRONG with people?

He isn't a bad looking guy. I always wish that monsters looked like monsters, but in reality, they look like our neighbors.

Isn't that scary? Most of them look so normal, not all of them, but a lot of them. Evil doesn't always look evil does it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4&feature=share"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

I so hope he confessed and can spare the family a trial, at the very least...

I know I keep saying it, but I really hope she was found on his property, both for reasons of assisting in a trial or prompting a confession, and to not have a trial without her body having been found. While I am glad that LE took the decision to charge in Sierra's case whether or not she is found, I hope it is not the case here. I don't think people can really accept a death if the victim is not found, and it also makes it much harder on the prosecution.

Hoping they have already found Mickey...
Could he be charged if they found personal items of MS in his possesion?

Oh Em Gee. What is WRONG with people?

The girl who did it said it was accidental, she typed CH which are the first letters of her mom's name, and it tagged Charlie instead before she realized it. But yeah...

I honestly don't know how he'd receive a fair trial anywhere in the Acadiana area.

I'm only going to post this once, and then let's please drop the subject. The person whose MS page was posted here earlier is NOT the suspect. The poor guy posted tonight to let his friends know it isn't him.

Please do not post links to his social networking pages, and do not go read his page and come back here to talk about what you read. It stops here. :tyou:

Could he be charged if they found personal items of MS in his possesion?

I think it has to be more than that...he can be charged with kidnapping, maybe, for having her belongings, but not murder...there has to be some evidence of death...JMO

I believe everything happens for a reason and more often than not they happen for reasons we're not aware of. I only see good things coming out of this for the city of Lafayette. I of course feel bad for her family & friends and everything they're going through right now but the memory of Mickey will forever live on in their hearts & minds, as well as in everyone in the whole wide world that has felt bonded to Mickey in someway!

I don't feel it's necessary to wish death on Brandon. None of us know his troubles or why he did what he did...but I do believe there is a greater plan for us all and as much as we'd like to think we're in control of our path & destiny in life, we aren't, life is full of surprises, and that's just something we all have to accept.

Anyway... I just wanted to send out my condolences to her family, friends, and everyone whose participated in this case. Thank you.

Good post!! Great insight into this tragic chain of events... :cry:

I'm only going to post this once, and then let's please drop. The person whose MS page was posted here earlier is NOT the suspect. The poor guy posted tonight to let his friends know it isn't him.

Please do not post links to his social networking pages, and do not go read his page and come back here to talk about what you read. It stops here. :tyou:

Suggestion: why not go back and either remove said links on those posts, or <modedit> the posts with a message stating the above? Use Bigass Red Serif Bold font for effect. ;]

I am not sure how they could know that for sure; apparently they never roped off a crime scene in the road, so there must not have been evidence of a fatal incident there. Even if they have a video of her being put into the truck, how would they know she was not alive?

We don't know the specifics of evidence that could have been recovered elsewhere (i.e. Whiskey Bay).

I imagine he's going to get a lot of mail in jail from disturbed women & men wanting to be his bride.

He's probably already getting Valentines from future cellmates at Angola State Penitentiary.

I don't feel it's necessary to wish death on Brandon. None of us know his troubles or why he did what he did...

I don't necessarily wish death on the guy, but I'm not exactly broken up about his "troubles".

most likely forensics... we are not privy to search warrants served in this case but I am sure that there have been many that have been :twocents: my opinion of course.
Maybe this is the smoking gun:

>>Early Thursday, Lafayette police officer Kyle Manceaux obtained surveillance video footage from The Daily Advertiser. The footage included views of Bertrand Drive between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. on May 19. The police department would not confirm whether the footage was related to the arrest.<<
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...S04/120705038/Arrest-made-Mickey-Shunick-case

What a relatively normal looking guy.....you never know what lurks in a person. Scary.

Agree, looks like he would have fit right in with the crowd at Artmosphere.

If he is an offshore worker, wonder if he knew Mr. Shunick and family, unbeknownst to them what he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3