***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg.. I am just beside myself with this news... i want to hear that that there is an arrest but I don't at the same time because I just want her to ride up my driveway on her bike and honk her horn and say "here I am"..

I am crying right now over this news truth be told :-(

:grouphug:

I know how you feel. I'm SO glad that there's been an arrest but it really doesn't look good for Mickey. A bittersweet moment for sure. I just hope they have the right guy.

I'm guessing from the truth. This guy seemed desperate to have someone listen to him. Too bad he was discounted.

You can't just post a rumor, with nothing to back it up. And that is all it was at the time. JMO

I'm holding out hope there's a live Mickey and we just haven't been told yet because she's being reunited with her family, seeing doctors, talking to police, etc....
...but I feel like the timing between now and the press conference could also be time to give the Shunicks the opportunity to tell their extended family and Mickey's close friends she has passed without having to learn it through the media.
I want to embrace the Shunicks with love and support right now....

I completely agree with you. I'm holding out hope that one way or another her family knows where Mickey is. At least now they have him in custody... hopefully this will bring everyone closer to finding her!

What time is it now? I'm overseas, so I'm not sure when this 1pm presser will be held...

Other people have stated that an arrest would be made around Thursday or Friday of this week. If he indeed worked offshore, I'm wondering if they were waiting for him to come home? But possibly not, if the Lafayette Police Officer just recently viewed footage of from TDA on Bertrand. I guess what really matters is that there has been an arrest!!!

The guy is arrested and named and he is a registered sex offender.

Mod Note: If you're noticing that your posts are disappearing it should be a clue that you're doing something wrong. It is against TOS to re-post a post removed by mods. It is also a TOS violation to copy and paste posts from other sites and to talk about members of other sites.

It really makes no difference that information was leaked before the arrest except that it's very fortunate the suspect was still around to arrest. I only pray that any future prosecution will not be compromised.

RE: I only pray that any future prosecution will not be compromised

"or that any other innocent victim's precious lives weren't taken due to the silence by LPD in the 6 weeks it took to arrest a tier 3 RSO with the nickname 'Knightstalker69', that lived within 20 miles of the crime scene"
Tragic IMO...

No, if he dumped it, he would have made a special trip. He lives north of Lafayette about 30 miles or so and Whiskey Bay is east about 30 miles or so. The distance between the two locations may be shorter than 60 miles if you took the back roads.

Thanks to both you and Jefferson.i can't see anyone else dumping it if he is the person.

No, if he dumped it, he would have made a special trip. He lives north of Lafayette about 30 miles or so and Whiskey Bay is east about 30 miles or so. The distance between the two locations may be shorter than 60 miles if you took the back roads.

unless maybe he was on his way to work, if he worked offshore.

-------------> that (bbm) is my opinion as well..

omg.. I am just beside myself with this news... i want to hear that that there is an arrest but I don't at the same time because I just want her to ride up my driveway on her bike and honk her horn and say "here I am"..

I am crying right now over this news truth be told :-(

tears from me too. after seeing charlie interviewed after the arrest, i had to ball.

they have been onto him for at least as long as a week from what i know. a member here called him in a week ago and they were aware of it when the call was made.

Omg I am so happy that this case is finally making progress! Now let's pray Mickey is alive. So what is the time in layafette now? In Australia it's Friday 10:15 am roughly. Just so I know what time tomorrow to come back and get all the info on the press conference. Omg sooo happy! I MSG my mum and some of my friends I have told about this case.

It's 7:16 pm

He is answering a reporter's question about white trucks and he says Ford. I listened carefully through a lot of wind noise, and I don't want to argue, which is why I posted a link to the actual time I'm transcribing from in the video.

It's a moot point now anyway, but the context is white Ford truck.. he says 'obviously there are a lot of ___ White Ford Trucks.

There may be a description of the Olds following. It took a long time to get this verbatim, and you really ought to start at 2:20 and follow my version.

I hear him saying "obviously there are a lot of (something) white four door trucks....
Not that it matters. I'm not trying to be argumentative & it probably is a moot point now that yay- there's been an arrest.

Ok thanks do much so roughly 6am Saturday my time:) will set my alarm wbS and come here for my info thanks so much guys u have all been amazing

"or that any other innocent victim's precious lives weren't taken due to the silenceby LPD in the 6 weeks it took to arrest a tier 3 RSO with the nickname 'Knightstalker69', that lived within 20 miles of the crime scene"
Tragic IMO...
It seems his crimes have escalated over the past 12 years. Wonder what he has been doing all this time?

"or that any other innocent victim's precious lives weren't taken due to the silenceby LPD in the 6 weeks it took to arrest a tier 3 RSO with the nickname 'Knightstalker69', that lived within 20 miles of the crime scene"
Tragic IMO...
Agreed. Doesn't change the fact that leaking information can damage a prosecution.

OMG I know from a bondsman what his charges and bond are AND charges NO BOND! Can I post this info??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc