ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On our last thread a link was posted to some letters Karla Homolka had written, and I was sickened in the first paragraph:

"Dr. Arndt’s death. I had no idea. The world has lost a truly wonderful and compassionate man. He was incredibly helpful to me at a very difficult time as I’m sure you know. It’s strange -- just last week I did a “housecleaning” and threw away his card. Perhaps on some level I knew? Things like that happen to me often."

Sheesh, a person can't even die without Homolka making it all about herself. gag. No wonder Luka identified with her so much.

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/partners/free/khletters/

Well LM has an interesting lawyer to represent him.

"When your boss plots your murder, do you still work as hard?
A police informant revealed that the Hells Angels had planned to kill their own lawyers, Gilles Daudelin and Pierre Panaccio. The informant revealed this as Panaccio sat in the courtroom defending biker Richard Mayrand. Panaccio sat dumbfounded for a moment before rising to strenuously object to the testimony."

Perhaps we should ask Justin to pop in here to clarify his tweet?

2m Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Defence will be meeting with the family "very soon." They are still in Montreal. #magnotta

I can email him if you'd like.

But I'd assume that the only family the defense would even be able to meet with would be Magnotta's (and they only seem to exist in his mind and online) or the Newman's who haven't seen him in years... Hello Newman...

If he's pleading not guilty why would he tell them where the head is?

JMO... he is pleading not guilty... by reason of insanity... hence the need for psych evaluation.

Would it be possible for him to somehow plead not guilty AND also disclose the whereabouts of the head?

As there is so much documented evidence against him, I'm not sure why he would even bother to plead not guilty, but I'm pretty sure he will, because he wants to star in his own headline making trial.

I'm certain that he is insane, so maybe the defence of "not guilty by reason of insanity" would result in a trial anyway.
Thats a NEAT ques
Would it be possible for him to somehow plead not guilty AND also disclose the whereabouts of the head?

Correction: Magnotta's lawyer may ask for a psychiatric evaluation of his client on Thursday

#Magnottaby mccallumlauren via twitter 2:42 PM

#Magnotta lawyer will take the next two days to decide if he will ask for a psych assessment. #cbcmtlby HaywardCBC via twitter 2:39 PM

Late tweet - was busy doing job. #Magnotta officially charged.

Pleads not guilty.by HaywardCBC via twitter 2:37 PMMagnotta's lawyer intends to ask for a psychiatric evaluation on Thursday

That's not the plea entered by his attorney.

Who is Justin Ling? TIA

Freelance journalist who writes for Xtra! in Canada. His early coverage was awesome. His twitter feed is a tad confusing BUT he ALWAYS updates/clarifies with the most accurate info. Compared to other reporters, Justin's info published in his articles have been the most accurate of any reporting on this case.

I can email him if you'd like.

But I'd assume that the only family the defense would even be able to meet with would be Magnotta's (and they only seem to exist in his mind and online) or the Newman's who haven't seen him in years... Hello Newman...

Yes, please do email him if you don't mind.

I agree that it would be odd for the defense to meet with the Lin family (why?) but if Justin was referring to the N & Y family then I don't understand his tweet "they are still in Montreal"...

Well LM has an interesting lawyer to represent him.

"When your boss plots your murder, do you still work as hard?
A police informant revealed that the Hells Angels had planned to kill their own lawyers, Gilles Daudelin and Pierre Panaccio. The informant revealed this as Panaccio sat in the courtroom defending biker Richard Mayrand. Panaccio sat dumbfounded for a moment before rising to strenuously object to the testimony."

Good for him! Sometimes you have to suspect these defense lawyers who go on about how innocent their client is in public would privately run a mile if the client moved in next door to them. But it sounds like that guy can actually put his money where his mouth is and defend his client even when his own safety is in question.

This is probably the last good word you will hear me say about Magnotta's defense lawyer, but I always respect someone who has the courage of their convictions, even if I do think they're on the wrong side.

177392-pierre-panaccio-entretenu-liens-etroits.jpg

Pierre Pannacio

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/q...troits-avec-ses-clients-membres-des-hells.php

Hells Angels attorney

Just clarified by Justin Ling:
Correction on earlier tweet: the *procecution* will be meeting the family, not the defense. Apologies. #magnotta

I can see what you are saying....but I still see a smirk. Interesting how we all are seeing different things. Maybe he has mixed feelings. Though, I am pretty sure his feelings are selfish. This is JMO. But I have a hard time believing he feels shame. In the 3rd pic down, I see anger...or meanness. Or arrogance.

The bottom picture, I see fear.
Absol agree with you no smirk fried, exhausted, stunned, scared, WIPED out throw in some antic psycotics/ and or anti anx meds bingo yesterdays being held down the steps and practically carried into the back seat of the van!

Brought over from previous thread. Originally posted by Scientific:

Thanks for the great and thoughtful post. I hope you don't mind if I add a #9.

9) Apparently he taught himself Photoshop. Photoshop is not an easy or particularly user friendly program. At least that was my experience back in the 90's. It might be different now. If that is what he used and if is still a difficult program, I'd have to give him a few points for that.

I taught myself photoshop and now teach it at a university ... I must be super dooper intelligent ... just saying ... monkeying around with photoshop and blurring bad skin, or using selection tools, doesn't take much in the way of skill level.

Though animals often aren't given enough credit initially for their intelligence because they can't use words the way we can to communicate the abstract. Luka does seem very animal-like, given to his urges, but on the other hand, is that all a show? ...I agree about his probable state of mind pre-trial.

It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life. As far as talk of his intelligence, I equate his to that of an animal: be just smart enough to survive, and try not to show fear, or when necessary, roll over and submit. In this case I think he's trying not show weakness, but also trying to not look inherently evil like some his more famous ilk.

That's not the plea entered by his attorney.

Who is Justin Ling? TIA

You are correct he plead "not guilty"... can't add the "by reason of insanity" until the psych evals are completed.

Freelance journalist who writes for Xtra! in Canada. His early coverage was awesome. His twitter feed is a tad confusing. I've emailed him to clarify something.

See just above your last post, the CBC twitter for update and corrected information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu