DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching CBC now:

- jury CAN be sequestered BEFORE deliberations

- how long before trial starts - 1 - 1 1/2 years

- cost of lawyers, etc. - eligible for legal aid which covers everything

- Pierre Pinnachio (sp??) might represent him

Luka is wasting money for his defense (Legal Aid) even though he has the RIGHT to. Grrrrrrrrr

Kinda think the only defense law who will take it is for book movie down road -- interesting thing just hit me anyone EVER know of a video of a crime recorded by perp?
Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo, just to name one case.

Watching CBC now:

- jury CAN be sequestered BEFORE deliberations

- how long before trial starts - 1 - 1 1/2 years

- cost of lawyers, etc. - eligible for legal aid which covers everything

- Pierre Pinnachio (sp??) might represent him
Pierre Panaccio.

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Journo asks: where's the head. Proc: we can't tell you the info we have. Very important for family and the case. #magnotta

2m Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
"We'll do our best to reassure them." Proc 2 says. #magnotta

Proc says that everyone agreed that a video link would be safer. He will be here in person later in the trial. #magnotta

Defence will be meeting with the family "very soon." They are still in Montreal. #magnotta

This leads me to think LRM told them where JL's head is & they will be able to give it to his family.

I hope this means LM has revealed the location of Jun Lin's remains.

1m Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
If the psyc evaluation says he's not criminally response, prosecution can contest. #magnotta

The judge can refuse a psyc evaluation. Magnotta also might not go forward with it. We'll see on Thursday. #magnotta

Your statement that math whizzes, by definition, can not be illiterate appears to have nothing to do with anything I've posted on this board. Luka is not illiterate in the strict sense. He can read and write though he does exhibit poor form when it comes to writing. There are also those who find math uninteresting for whatever reason so that they never learn it sufficiently and the same goes for English. Just because you have an ability does not mean that you exercise it in every possible way. Even more, there are people who learn calculas in high school and excel in math while performing very poorly in English. I'm not saying that Luka can be described as such. I was simply countering false ideas about intelligence and education. And my conclusions about Luka's intelligence had nothing to do with his own statements about his intelligence. Like many others, I have learned to take most of what he says with a grain of salt, particularly the contradictory things he says.

Albert Einstein was a C student in grade school. Eric Newman is no Einstein. I can't imagine that anyone could be a "math whiz" without formal training, because an understanding of theoretical math doesn't just pop into someone's head ... the foundations and structures have to be learned and understood before new math can be conceived. An ordered, logical mind is a pre-requisite for being a math whiz. Anyone that understands the formal language and logic of mathematcis will also have an understanding of the rules of written and spoken language. That is, math whizzes, by definition, cannot be illiterate.

If we stick to what we know, in order to draw an accurate conclusion, we have a high school drop out that is, for all intents and purposes, illiterate. Illiterate high school dropouts cannot be math whizzes simply because they lack the formal training. An accurate conclusion would be that Eric Newman has done nothing to demonstrate intelligence iin any form. It is inaccurate to conclude that because a liar claimed that he had an IQ of 265, 165 and 135, he must be intelligent.

I thought i detected a slight expression change after deplaning. Perhaps i will change my opinion to more of a smug look than a smirk. Perhaps he feels he accomplished what he wanted. World attention with a shock component. Who knows what goes on in a mind such as his. I wonder if he will confess to the location of Lin's head. Or is that the last horrifying act yet to come.
Very last shot in van he closed his eyes like ready to go to sleep and officers knew he was drugged that is why they held him so tight!

thank u! was beginning to think no one would respond.

....but for this (bolded) reason, i find it harder. i am 1 of those that find it impossible to stay caught up....& when a new thread is started, it makes it a pain to quote something i may question cuz im behind...in a locked thread. :banghead: ...but i understand what ur saying....the question may already be adressed in a further post.
Me too !

I hope this means LM has revealed the location of Jun Lin's remains.

The defense would not meet with Jun Lin's family, the prosecution might... Doubtful anything new re: head.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

A little levity - I'm watching the Buffalo noon news. According to them he's not back in Canada yet. Buffalo says he'll be returned to Canada SOON. :lol: And then they showed the clip of him getting off the plane at Mirabel!!

And on a serious note - WTH, Karla Homolka's lawyer???????? I'm dumbfounded. :what:
THAT is funny!

Appearing before Justice Lori-Renee Weitzman, Magnotta pleaded not guilty through his lawyer Pierre Panaccio. The case returns to court on Thursday, again by video, to discuss a motion to have Magnotta evaluated.
Panaccio told his client in a brief comment that he hoped to speak with him later Tuesday.
“If you wish to call me at home tonight, I’d be pleased to talk about this,” Panaccio told Magnotta.
“OK,” the accused replied before being led away to detention.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2012-06-19/article-3012182/Luka-Magnotta-pleads-not-guilty/1

For those who could not watch the vid of his entrance back into Canada....
(I watched again....on my big TV....to get a better picture lol)...

I still believe he looked smugged and arrogant while fighting a smirk. IMO, he was loving this attention....even celebs dont care about negative attention...ANY news is GOOD news!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As I watch the video...I think....damn, all those men around him are REAL men and I see this tiny little twit surrounded by them....who thinks he is all that and hot and sexy and so on.......
Yeh that is what was so amazing to me yesterday first time i saw closeup vid he looked so meek , scared and EXHAUSTED.......

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/06/19/19894111.html
"A convoy of vehicles, including officers with machine guns, transported him to a booking centre.

Critics said taxpayers shouldn't have to pay such exorbitant sums to transport just one man, but Lafreniere defended the extraordinary measures.

He said high-level security was to stymie "admirers, unfortunately, of Magnotta."

Lafreniere said the large jet, an Airbus Polaris military transport plane, was needed to make a direct flight from Berlin -- where Magnotta fled following the alleged murder.

Lafreniere explained that a refuelling stop with a criminal on board presents "a diplomatic problem."

The defense would not meet with Jun Lin's family, the prosecution might... Doubtful anything new re: head.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Perhaps we should ask Justin to pop in here to clarify his tweet?

Defence will be meeting with the family "very soon." They are still in Montreal. #magnotta

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...oday-after-return-from-germany-159550595.html
MONTREAL - Luka Rocco Magnotta has pleaded not guilty in the body-parts case, appearing calm Tuesday in his first court appearance to face charges including murder.

Appearing in a Montreal courtroom by video link, Magnotta protested his innocence Tuesday in a slaying-and-dismemberment case that has drawn international attention.

His appearance lasted about three minutes. Magnotta stood impassive as he appeared on-screen at the courthouse, flanked by a guard at a police station in a different part of the city.

He has entered a plea of not guilty.

Hopefully they can track down that crazy manager from his imagination and bring him to justice for framing the 'lil angel...

This has me laughing! I always appreciate your humor, HC.

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Journo asks: where's the head. Proc: we can't tell you the info we have. Very important for family and the case. #magnotta

"We'll do our best to reassure them." Proc 2 says. #magnotta

Proc says that everyone agreed that a video link would be safer. He will be here in person later in the trial. #magnotta

This leads me to think LRM told them where JL's head is & they will be able to give it to his family.

If he's pleading not guilty why would he tell them where the head is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu