ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, as a kid i used to go to court all the time just to watch.. some of the things you see, it can be better then peoples court..

i actually saw a case between neighbours, where a video was produced showing the 2 of them on the edges of their property, in a leaf blower war blowing the leaves at eachother and onto the other property.. :floorlaugh:

ok but that's silly petty stuff. This is a horrific murder trial. I'm sure the Judge will put age restrictions, imo

Are you serious? OMG! That's insane. So we can have these 13 year old kids showing up at the trial? No way. :thud:

Sounds like the movie "To Kill a Mockingbird" and the children in court.

I doubt a 13 year old would be allowed in court if and when the trial starts and the video is shown.

Lineup at courthouse for Magnotta appearance

MONTREAL - There's a lineup at the Montreal courthouse for Luka Rocco Magnotta's expected 2:30 p.m. appearance.

Journalists and curious onlookers have gathered outside the courtroom. A half-dozen Grade 7 students, still wearing their school uniforms, are waiting patiently in line.

One 13-year-old boy named Nykolas, who hopes to be a lawyer one day, says he wants to see how the defence team operates.

The students are not accompanied by an adult.

A woman just ahead of the students in line says she wants to attend Magnotta's appearance because of the intense media attention around the case.

Allegations that the killer posted a grisly video of his crime online also encouraged the retired 76-year-old to show up.

When asked why she was so interested in the case, Michelle, who only gave her first name, said: "It's hot."

http://www.1310news.com/news/national/article/374901--lineup-at-courthouse-for-magnotta-appearance
My goodness.......................

ok but that's silly petty stuff. This is a horrific murder trial. I'm sure the Judge will put age restrictions, imo

no, i also got to see some pretty gruesome crimes.. i was in my teens tho..

but then again i never got to see a murder trial..

If he didn't know it was wrong than WHY in heaven hide the torso in the suitcase hoping it would get picked-up by the garbage men. WHY would he have mailed the body parts to various places, WHY would he have fled the country. Also, IF the plane ticket was purchased before the murder happenned, that will be a BIG one. "Not criminally responsible" will be a very difficult sell to a jury, JMOO.

Two things. If that is the correct standard (I can't see the quote you quoted in the reply box, so paraphrasing), first, it's written with an "or" meaning either you must not appreciate the nature or quality of your actions, OR you must not know that they are wrong. Second, you can know that others will perceive something as wrong while, you, yourself, don't see them as wrong for whatever reason. In lm's case, I think the second one is very likely to be the case.

Not saying those arguments would prevail, but that's what I'd argue if I were lm's defense attorney (heaven forbid!) and assuming that is, in fact, a correct statement of the test under Canadian law. jmo

I have no idea, someone else mentioned it !

It's no big deal. I just wanted to see if LM was uncomfortable with his scenes. He did appear somewhat uncomfortable at times.

Lineup at courthouse for Magnotta appearance

MONTREAL - There's a lineup at the Montreal courthouse for Luka Rocco Magnotta's expected 2:30 p.m. appearance.

Journalists and curious onlookers have gathered outside the courtroom. A half-dozen Grade 7 students, still wearing their school uniforms, are waiting patiently in line.

One 13-year-old boy named Nykolas, who hopes to be a lawyer one day, says he wants to see how the defence team operates.

The students are not accompanied by an adult.

A woman just ahead of the students in line says she wants to attend Magnotta's appearance because of the intense media attention around the case.

Allegations that the killer posted a grisly video of his crime online also encouraged the retired 76-year-old to show up.

When asked why she was so interested in the case, Michelle, who only gave her first name, said: "It's hot."

http://www.1310news.com/news/national/article/374901--lineup-at-courthouse-for-magnotta-appearance
At 13, isn't there a thing called SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A two year "outing" sounds problematic to me !

Guess what I was thinking was that he might have been born as one and had an operation but still lived with certain stigmas, that he might have had an operation to change his sex but not wanted to lose his original organ, or might have suffered from gender confusion over having been born one but never known about his original condition if his parents had an operation done quickly. I was trying to understand why he might shun sexual intimacy and be a tranny who didn't want to lose his male genitals (the *advertiser censored* videos might have been shot before an operation). Maybe I was over-thinking things.

Doesn't a hermaphrodite have both male and female parts?? From his nude pictures and adult site pics, looks like just male parts...

Doesn't a hermaphrodite have both male and female parts?? From his nude pictures and adult site pics, looks like just male parts...

As the appointed go-to know-it-all on all things male anatomy and gay (Thanks FootballMom and the countless people who apparently agree with FB LOL), I want to end speculation that Magnotta is a hermaphrodite; sorry to end everyone's dual part obsession but he only has boy parts.

no, as a kid i used to go to court all the time just to watch.. some of the things you see, it can be better then peoples court..

i actually saw a case between neighbours, where a video was produced showing the 2 of them on the edges of their property, in a leaf blower war blowing the leaves at eachother and onto the other property.. :floorlaugh:
Some things never change only get more intense huh!

Sounds like the movie "To Kill a Mockingbird" and the children in court.

I doubt a 13 year old would be allowed in court if and when the trial starts and the video is shown.

Why drag poor Scout and Jem into this??? :floorlaugh:

At 13, isn't there a thing called SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A two year "outing" sounds problematic to me !
Yes, and there are also things called parents. ;)

Having said that, it was a simple (less than 7 minute) hearing today, which can be educational for children.

I'm sure the judge will use his discretionary powers to limit age groups in future hearings, depending on the content.

Is there a video of the court appearance, or are we not allowed "inside" Canadian courts?

Guess what I was thinking was that he might have been born as one and had an operation but still lived with certain stigmas, that he might have had an operation to change his sex but not wanted to lose his original organ, or might have suffered from gender confusion over having been born one but never known about his original condition if his parents had an operation done quickly. I was trying to understand why he might shun sexual intimacy and be a tranny who didn't want to lose his male genitals (the *advertiser censored* videos might have been shot before an operation). Maybe I was over-thinking things.
But when someone asked the other day I dont know , but I would think female would be inner and not seen his male stuff but folks here have said "Little Luka" so when it was mentioned I went more for psychological damage stuff ............ and the body dysmorphic notion, today, forgot who posted it , is wildly accurate !

You were not S (overthinking _ I too have pondered much _ I think humans, as cognitive entities need to put stuff in an understandable "place" and he sure is an interesting enigma) - LM is a complicated , scary, fascinating mess of a <modsnip>

As the appointed go-to know-it-all on all things male anatomy and gay (Thanks FootballMom and the countless people who apparently agree with FB LOL), I want to end speculation that Magnotta is a hermaphrodite; sorry to end everyone's dual part obsession but he only has boy parts.
Would externally, one be able to tell , like visually male out, female in, your with me ?

appreciate the nature or quality of your actions, OR you must not know that they are wrong.

I am sure he "appreciated" that his action would lead to the death of his victim....
I think he realized what he did as he fled the country so afraid to be found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB